Author Topic: The "Bad News" thread.  (Read 106517 times)

Offline Hans the husky

• Species: Siberian husky
  • Male
Re: The "Bad News" thread.
« Reply #1625 on: September 26, 2020, 06:23:03 pm »
The dog seems to have decided that my carpet is his personal bathroom. And yes, he is house trained and rarely has accidents, maybe we need to take him out more often.

That might be a sign that something is wrong, like a kidney problem or bladder infection.
I'll get it checked out. It could be because he isn't going out as often as he should though

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #1626 on: September 27, 2020, 10:32:08 am »
Sorry to hear this.  It can be frustrating.  Having a good carpet cleaner machine takes stress out of the concept of "damage". It's just carpet, it can be replaced.  Keep cool.

Increase potty breaks,  see if he is eating salty foods and guzzling water,  see if he has diabetic symptoms especially if overweight.  If he is not neutered and older,  his prostate may be slightly enlarged and he may not empty totally when he does pee. A vet can tell you all this and more.  Just love him.
I'd do anything if my old dog Heidi could just pee my floor one more time. Hope he improves.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1627 on: October 08, 2020, 09:04:22 pm »
I'm getting really pissed with this coronavirus situation.  :goldpissed: Have not been able to have any model club meetings or any model contests since mid March earlier this year. My local club was going to try and have a model club meeting this Saturday, but Wisconsin Gov. Evers ruined that with a new order limiting indoor public spaces to no more than 25% occupancy.  >:(

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #1628 on: October 09, 2020, 12:07:19 am »
I'm getting really pissed with this coronavirus situation.  :goldpissed: Have not been able to have any model club meetings or any model contests since mid March earlier this year. My local club was going to try and have a model club meeting this Saturday, but Wisconsin Gov. Evers ruined that with a new order limiting indoor public spaces to no more than 25% occupancy.  >:(

Couldn't your club do like, a big video chat conference meeting thingy? Or even just text chatting in a discord server and sharing pictures? Or take video of what you've been working on and upload it to YT and share amongst yourselves.

Or do they have really limited crappy net that would limit doing such stuff?
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1629 on: October 09, 2020, 05:36:17 pm »

Couldn't your club do like, a big video chat conference meeting thingy? Or even just text chatting in a discord server and sharing pictures? Or take video of what you've been working on and upload it to YT and share amongst yourselves.

Or do they have really limited crappy net that would limit doing such stuff?

Majority of the model club members are like 60 years old or over. Most of them are not very "comp literate" for doing video chat. And I'm sure hardly any of them have a YT channel.

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #1630 on: October 10, 2020, 03:06:17 pm »
My grandpa's Pittie bull Hoss died yesterday. He's out hunting and mom was with him all night. Rip to the best pitbull ever.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1631 on: October 15, 2020, 05:34:34 pm »
Not having a good day.  :(

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #1632 on: October 17, 2020, 06:48:43 pm »
I am having some trouble adjusting mentally to some of the new realities of my life after surgery.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #1633 on: October 17, 2020, 07:51:05 pm »
I am having some trouble adjusting mentally to some of the new realities of my life after surgery.

That's not to be unexpected. It was pre-cancerous, though, which means that had you not had the surgery you would be much, much worse off later down the road. Be patient, too. You just had two important hormone glands removed, and your body is dealing with some serious swings in hormone levels between them suddenly being gone and starting HRT. It will take some time for things to stabilize. If you aren't talking to a therapist, consider doing so. Major life changes like this are a lot harder to deal with than even you might expect, and they can help you work through things. You have all of us, of course, and while we furries are a very caring and supporting bunch I'm afraid most of us have limited skill in helping people like that.

Not to say we aren't here from you. We all are. *hugs*
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #1634 on: October 21, 2020, 11:46:05 pm »
My numbers bumped up after three months. The OTC dietary supplements I was taking failed. I need to go in for an MRI soon.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Firelight

• Female
« Reply #1635 on: October 22, 2020, 09:20:18 pm »
I had to go the the dentists and it sucked.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1636 on: November 01, 2020, 07:33:04 pm »
That MRI scan was a very noisy experience, but at least there were ear plugs available. I was disappointed that there wasn't a light show or any colors with eyes closed.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1637 on: November 04, 2020, 12:11:41 am »
Had bad migraine at work.  Couldn't see or move well.  Went home 2 hours early. 

Rocket,  I think PET scans could make retinal flashes like astronauts see. Let me know if you get one. 

MRI is non ionizing radiation.  But just think your body was a radio station broadcasting your cellular structure to the universe!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1638 on: November 07, 2020, 09:07:26 am »
Tried to view the CD of my MRI scan on my laptop. The "Images" file was just those of the icons.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1639 on: November 08, 2020, 03:14:43 pm »
Can not get a haircut at all.  :( >:( Just about everywhere I go, every shop wants you to "check in" online. Mostly via cellphone. They are not taking "walk ins". I can't do that as my cellphone doesn't have certain capabilities right now which would take too long to explain. So by the time I see my mother for Thanksgiving, my hair will probably be almost to my shoulders which won't look very nice due to not getting a haircut for 3 months. At the rate things are going, I should probably just give up.  :( Maybe I'll start another 1960's hippie trend.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1640 on: November 08, 2020, 07:12:55 pm »
My sister has the virus now. She's in the medical field and likely got it at work. One of my nieces has been exposed at school and is in quarantine.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #1641 on: November 08, 2020, 09:41:31 pm »
Kobuk. Make the best of it. Get a headband and a hippie vest. Pot is probable on it's way to becoming legal where your at. Guaranteed to not have any leftovers. Make it a Thanksgiving no one will ever forget! If you need music suggestions I got plenty of psychedelic tittles to choose from. 

Hoping to hear good news soon Rocket.

We've had one employee test positive for Covid. Instead of getting us all checked our company is playing the wait and see game. On top of that one employee's newborn was exposed. His family is now in quarantine. I've worked directly with this employee. My immune system and body are in a way that I could have the virus. Not have a temp or any symptoms. Making me a perfect candidate for an unknown carrier. This means that any type of friend or family get together is out of the question for me.

It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1642 on: November 10, 2020, 08:07:53 pm »
The chapter of a public service organization to which I transferred three years ago wants me to take charge. Problem is, I'm working at a job several counties away, I don't need the aggravation, and I'm content with my current level of involvement. There really aren't any perks to being the leader--for me at least.

If pressed, I'll lay out that my fursuiting for them would end. No parades, festivals, fundraisers, or open house events. Someone may ask "Who's in charge here?" and be told "He's over there wagging his tail".
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Firelight

• Female
« Reply #1643 on: November 20, 2020, 07:20:03 pm »
Had to go to the Dentists again and it still sucked lol.
Now my gums hurt  :(

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1644 on: November 22, 2020, 10:54:14 pm »
ISS flew overhead tonight, but it's also overcast.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1645 on: November 27, 2020, 07:58:52 pm »
T-Day went fine. But the day after (Today) didn't. While me and my mom were in her apartment working on computer stuff, another tenant came home drunk and tried to park her car in the parking lot........backwards. But while trying to do so, the other tenant's car got up against my mom's car and scratched/dented the front passenger side door as well as damaged the right front rearview mirror. The mirror is just hanging by wires right now. Tomorrow, we'll have to try and duct tape the mirror assembly to the car somehow till my mom can get it officially fixed someplace.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1646 on: December 04, 2020, 12:17:04 am »
Going in for a procedure (outpatient) about a week before Christmas. Will have to take a day off from work. May not know the results for up to two weeks.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1647 on: December 20, 2020, 07:04:10 pm »
Tried using my reloaded fuel card Saturday and discovered a $6 deficit! How is that possible?
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1648 on: December 24, 2020, 10:30:05 pm »
Expecting a Christmas present to be mailed to you? Or mailing something to somebody else? Good luck with that. :P

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/23/business/usps-delays-chrismas-trnd/index.html

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1649 on: December 26, 2020, 08:03:17 pm »
 My ham radio station is experiencing increasing interference that I can't work around.  Maybe time to sell it all...
(Name that tune!)