Author Topic: What rare collectible stuff do you have?  (Read 1743 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
What rare collectible stuff do you have?
« on: December 17, 2015, 06:47:19 pm »
I just read on CNN the following article:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/14/entertainment/star-wars-sothebys-auction-nigo/?iid=ob_homepage_deskrecommended_pool&iref=obnetwork

...........and it got me to thinking: What rare and collectible stuff does everybody have?

It doesn't have to be STAR WARS related. It can be just about anything from china dinnerware to old video cassettes, and/or anything else.

What condition are your items in?
Do you plan to sell them in the future or not?

Offline Weirdwolf

• Species: Eudyptula minor (fairy [little] penguin)
  • Call me Cookie! X3
  • Male
Re: What rare collectible stuff do you have?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 07:16:03 pm »
This thread feels like it was made for me!  (:

I am a collector, so there's a lot of stuff that I have that's rare and collectable. Let's see...

I have my old stash of Pokémon cards that I had when I was younger

There's my huge boxes of video game consoles that are older than I am, like a Farichild Channel F (1974!!)

My limited edition platinum Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness Gamecube that I got at a thrift store for only five dollars (not even kidding)

My old prints of TokyoPop manga like Lupin III

An original VHS copy of Star Wars: Episode IV (it even came in a faux leather tape case!)

My literal mountains of other VHS tapes cluttering my closet

My extensive library of Stephen King novels (haven't touched it in a while, though)

Of course, there's also my growing collection of Transformers figures (I can't get enough of the stuff, as you can tell by my avatar)

And tons more. I'd list the rest, but I'd take up the entire thread before I was done, so I'll leave it there. :)
Dare to be all that you can be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wTWWjYTe1I

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 07:24:59 pm »
Been collecting Christmas stuff for 30+ years now. And because it's Christmas. And you asked for it.

Christmas tree candle holders. 1870's.
Large Italian Nativity. 1920's
Hand blown glass ornaments. From early 1900's threw WW11.
Early 1900's paper ornaments.
An extremely ugly plastic Santa, sleigh and two reindeer. Forget the year. Last time I checked a price on this it was $500+. Not bragging. I got it for less than $20.
And perhaps the rarest thing i own is a cellulite globe style candle holder. Called a shadow candle. The only reason this thing still exists is because nobody ever lit a candle in it. Cellulite tends to explode.
A 1950's Nativity set. This set has two exposed screws in the back where you make your own electrical cord for it.

I've got more but i already feel like I'm bragging. Almost all of this stuff I didn't spend much at all for. Auctions, yard sales and thrift stores. The Italian Nativity starts at $150 a piece. $17.50 got me eight pieces at an auction. Paid a whole $1.00 for the 1950's Nativity. And so on. I splurged on the tree candle holders. But I knew I'd never see anything like them again.  So I guess that makes me 99% cheep.  :) 
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Annie1456

• Species: An anthro husky named Pastel
  • Yellow Yellow!
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 07:52:38 pm »
I have a limited edition pokemon center music box.
-Annie or Pastel
-She/her
-Been here since 2015 but trying to be active again.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 08:23:08 pm »
There's a lot of old stuff I have. Not sure if I'd classify it as collectible and rare though. Some things are, but others might not be.

I have all three Platinum Edition Lord of the Rings Collector Sets. These are DVD movie boxed sets that came with special bookends or statues.

A 1/48 scale Testor F-19 Stealth Fighter model kit from 1986.

Binder after 3-ring binder full of Star Trek and Star Wars CCG game cards. Not all complete sets though. But I do have some rare and ultra-rare cards.

Star Trek The Undiscovered Country VHS movie autographed by George Takei (Mr. Sulu).

Autographed oversized STAR WARS Mara Jade CCG game card by the actress who portrayed Mara Jade.

Offline Bronx

• Species: Anthro red and grey wolf
  • I listen to too much music.
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 10:32:30 pm »
I have a full scale replica of the portal gun from the Portal series. It changes colors and other stuff. Pretty expesnive but I'm glad I have it 8)
www.youtube.com/craterwolf
Furry code: FCW3ad A- C- D H++ M- P+ R- T+++ W- Z- Sm- RLU a- cn++ e- f h* i++ p+ sm

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 11:12:37 pm »
I still have lots of my toys from when I was a small boy, but I don't think i'd ever sell any, regardless of their potential worth! ^-^
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 07:10:57 pm »
I have a desk model of a McDonnell F-101 Voodoo interceptor that belonged to my uncle from his Air Force days.

Some Christmas decorations and ornaments from Warner Brothers Studio Store.

Some aircraft company and official government photos, slides, and lithigraphs of various aircraft.

A vast collection of East German military/paramilitary uniforms and equipment.

I may have all 4 of the Rocket Raccoon mini-series from the 1980s by Marvel Comics.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2015, 01:28:38 pm »
I have some 1959 vintage 3 stooges cards in near mint condition. They stay
in a safety deposit box.

Not at home to be lost by theft or fire.
oldrabbit.com

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2015, 01:54:09 am »
iv got my gradfather's pocket watch (looks good but doesnt work), and his pocket knife (most likely not worth much)
got my other gradfather's WW1 helmet. missing the strap, and sadly i peeled off one of the stickers that was on it when i was younger (it was a popular cartoon character at the time), but other than that it's in good condition and still has my last name on it.
plan on keeping all of them though

other than that the only "rare" things i have would be those special edition lego sets mention in the star wars topic.

Offline viper213

• Species: fox
  • Male
    • my soundcloud
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2015, 05:59:56 am »
I have a triple misprint pokemon card which supposedly they cant put a price on does that count
FCF3adf A- C- D H+ M- P R- T++ W- a- cn+++ d+ e+ f h* iwf++ j p

https://m.soundcloud.com/heyguesswhathi
My music channel if your intrested

Offline phinox

• Species: Red Dragon (Venia)
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2015, 08:09:33 am »
I have a a model of a Ford Falcon Race Car, which I bought for £9.99, and is now worth £99.99. Due to there being 10,000 ever made.
I also inherited a vast coin collection from my uncle. Which to me, is priceless.
Cyfarchion o Gymru - Greeting from Wales!

Picture of 'sona by Pix

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2016, 10:09:47 pm »
When my Paw passed on, I inherited a Marbles carbon steel hunting knife of 1930s vintage which he got when his uncle died. I sent it to Marbles in Gladstone, MI to be restored as the leather washers in the grip had rotted and the pommel was gouged. They did so without cost. A Marbles representative told me to not put an edge on it and to just store it in a safe place.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 09:39:51 pm by Rocket T. Coyote »
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Arachnid

• The Dark Messiah
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2016, 11:13:57 pm »
I have a pair of kukri knifes. I also have a old katana from world war 2. Somebody in my family retrieved it from a fallen Japanese soldier. I have a replica of Aragorn's sword Anduril. I want to see if I can find a morgal blade replica. Be even cooler if there was a replica of thw Witch King of Agmars sword. But I will have to settle on Frodo Baggins sword sting. Idk how much sting would be to buy if I can find a replica of it.
"Come not between the Nazgul and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shriveled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye."- Witch King of Angmar

Offline Literate Lycan

• Species: Gothic grey wolf
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2016, 03:27:27 am »
A couple of framed Thomas Kinkade lithographs which have gone up and down in value over the years

A couple of framed Charles Frace wildlife lithographs

A box of comic books bought in the '80s, including a few Batman titles which haven't been out of their mylar sleeves since I got them

Something discovered when clearing out my dad's house: a few German military items he had acquired while stationed in Germany with the US Army in 1945-46. Never knew those items existed until a few years ago.
"All stories are about wolves..." -- Margaret Atwood, "Blind Assassin"

Avatar by Blitzy Arts : www.blitzy-arts.weebly.com

FA: www.furaffinity.net/user/varek-wolf
Twitter: @VarekWolf

Furry code: FCWh3a A- C D H+ M- P- R+ T W Z Sm- RLGP a+++ cm+ e+++ f h++++ i+ j p+

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2016, 03:45:23 am »
I traded away most of my rare MtG cards, so not much, really...  :P

Offline Mylo09

• Species: Ex fur thing
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2016, 07:19:57 am »
oh man let's see, vinyl records video game related stuff retro gaming militaria coins  silver gold antiques antiquities movies typewriters old trains drones audio stuff old computers movie stuff air rifles/pistols band merch any instrument i can get my hands on movie cells artwork and other stuff i'm sure escapes my mind at the moment, i do like my objects  8)

Offline some_random_wusky

• Species: a wusky, of course!
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2016, 09:09:00 am »
i got some rare magic the gathering cards
honestly thinks we need another mass extinction

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2016, 12:27:33 am »
Some of the very first pokemon card sets that came out.
And beanie babies.

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2016, 08:10:33 pm »
More furry collectable stuff!!

a 1940's occupied Japan straw stuff teddybear with collar and leash.  Jointed. Squeaker in belly still works!
Large (12 1/2 x 11) 'The Three Bears' UNUSED sticker book. Printed in 1943.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline wereaibo1

• Species: Robotic Dog
  • Bite my shiny metal tail!
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2016, 10:27:25 am »
My I-Cybie. It's a robot dog. They came out in 2001 but they weren't widely available. There's only around 1 to five on eBay on any given day. Mine isn't in great condition though. I suspect a couple of his internal gears are broken because two of his legs are floppy. I knew this when I bought him though. I could never afford a working one. They often go for $200 or more.
Meddle not in the affairs of robot dogs for you are crunchy and make an excellent fuel source.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2016, 09:45:59 pm »
I have several sailor's knives from different countries. These all have the hawks bill blade and marlin spike. Also a MOD 5 survival knife and a Russian survival ax/multi-purpose tool as packed in their bailout kits. Plus a number of Combloc military issue compasses.
(Baps the old humorist.)