Author Topic: Political Correctness: Love it or Hate it?  (Read 1857 times)

Offline HazardJackal

Re: Political Correctness: Love it or Hate it?
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2016, 09:04:32 pm »
As a spoiled white male from California, it's unreasonable for me to take offense to the stereotype that i've been placed into.  Or whatever.

Just get along, people, for the love of the deity of your choosing.

Offline Chipper Blu-wolf

• Species: timber wolf
  • Spending too much on media
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2016, 03:27:26 pm »
I see "political correctness" as nitpicky overreactions.  My sense is that some people need to live and let live, and not overreact when something just isn't the way they want to hear it.  There are always going to be people you run into that you don't like/don't agree with.

Kobuk, I'm with you on the whole "Merry Christmas" thing.  I was raised that way, and I will say it that way too.  Again, if people can simply recognize that people are different, and not everyone is going to agree or like the same things you do, this whole workup over something as simple as a holiday greeting would be a non-issue.  Some people make it a problem.  I don't get mad if a store clerk tells me "Happy Holidays".  Its one thing in a sea of "political correctness" that people wade through daily.  Frustrating, but I try to not let it bother me.
Its best to eat a balanced diet with a cookie in each paw!

Offline Robert_Silvermyst

• Species: Archangel Wolf
  • High King of Furgasta
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2016, 05:33:09 pm »
I'm in the 'hate it' category. There is nothing 'correct' about it. You don't like that I say Merry Christmas? Well, I'm not forcing you to celebrate the holiday. You don't like that I say 'bless you' when you sneeze? What issue do you have that having someone act polite towards you is a grave offense? It's wussifying people, telling them to become LESS tolerant and understanding and that they should try and force others to abandon their own faiths and lifestyles so you're not 'offended'. If you don't like that a game has something offensive in it? Don't buy it! Rely on common sense and decency as opposed to attacking others because your feelings got hurt.  If you are polite to others and give them the same courtesy you wish to be given, they will respect you.