Author Topic: Mr Gloom or is it doom? Trump's speech.  (Read 894 times)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Mr Gloom or is it doom? Trump's speech.
« on: July 23, 2016, 11:22:28 am »
My my , over an hour of so much fear and gloom. One might think we need
to bar our windows and doors after that. In spite of his gloom and doom this
country is growing, and getting better, not getting worse. Crime is less, Even
fewer police being killed in spite of how it looks on the news.

He always says I will fix this, or I will fix that, but he never really tells how. Other
than building a wall that won't solve anything unless your wanting to keep the
neighbors cows out of your garden. He has little or no answers for anything except
to bully others. People don't respond well to being kicked around, especially other
countries..

Our country (US) isn't about to  fall into an abyss.. Every time a person
walks or cycles across our country they find lots of friendly people who are
proud to be an american. They aren't standing around wringing their hands
worrying that the country is about to fall apart. Except for a few extremists
spewing hate, and doom. Not surprisingly they they like Trump.

One generally makes their own problems. If you think your going to fail you
will likely succeed in doing so.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 12:17:04 pm by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Hashira

• Species: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • they/their, she/her
Re: Mr Gloom or is it doom? Trump's speech.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 03:57:47 pm »
The Republican Party survives off of fear mongering and lies, as evident by the entire RNC. Trump, like Old Rabbit said, says he can "fix" our nonexistent problems, yet never gives a whisper of a mention as to how he will do it. In fact, he says he is the ONLY one who can do it, a telltale sign of a fascist. What about very real problems like terrorism? Well, he says he will ignore the Geneva Conventions, bomb the families of terrorists the middle east, and bring back waterboarding and worse methods of torture. So, in short, Trump wants the United States to become the terrorists, if we weren't already. Fan-frickin'-tastic.

The YouTube channel Cracked has a brilliant and hilarious video about this EXACT topic I highly recommend watching. Link below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTU9-M7Zpbs
Come find me! More to come!

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 12:22:31 pm »
The more I hear about Trump and listen to him, the more I worry that he will either
be a pawn of the GOP or spend the next four years trying to be some kind of
emperor or dictator. Nationalizim is a fine thing, but not at the expense of world
peace.

There have been many other authoritarian types like Trump in the past. some manage
to convince a populace they need a temporary dictator to solve the countries ills. They
start out calling for Nationalistic changes, using fear mongering, "I can fix everying,
just give me the authority."

No one person should be given total authority, man has too many flaws. The saying "Power
corrupts." is true in most cases, people start thinking they know what's best for all.

I think our country has enough safe guards to prevent such a thing, but if people
become disgruntled enough anything is possible. If people want change, change
the Legislature. A president has little control over law making. He/she is a leader,
and world diplomat.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Literate Lycan

• Species: Gothic grey wolf
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 03:41:48 am »
Doom, gloom, and worse. A very negative outlook which panders to a narrow mindset of fear, blame, and suspicion of anyone remotely different. His business ethics are questionable (to be fair, I question Hillary Clinton's ethics, too) and he has no clue about government, science, economics, or foreign relations. Despite Trump's assertion that he's read the Constitution I think that's a lie. Otherwise he would not advocate policies which are blatantly unconstitutional. He has the morals of an overgrown playground bully who throws tantrums when he doesn't get his way. If he's elected I expect to see a revolt. Corporate America for one will likely tell him to...well, you can guess.

If he is elected then moving to Canada is no longer a far-fetched idea. My mother was a Canadian citizen and legal US immigrant when I was born.

Or, more fancifully, maybe the Pacific Coast states should go independent. We've been charting a more progressive course for years.

I never thought I'd see it in my lifetime, but this country is going down the same road as Germany in 1932.

*ok, LL, time to get off your soap box*

"All stories are about wolves..." -- Margaret Atwood, "Blind Assassin"

Avatar by Blitzy Arts : www.blitzy-arts.weebly.com

FA: www.furaffinity.net/user/varek-wolf
Twitter: @VarekWolf

Furry code: FCWh3a A- C D H+ M- P- R+ T W Z Sm- RLGP a+++ cm+ e+++ f h++++ i+ j p+

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 01:11:22 pm »
Doom, gloom, and worse. A very negative outlook which panders to a narrow mindset of fear, blame, and suspicion of anyone remotely different. His business ethics are questionable (to be fair, I question Hillary Clinton's ethics, too) and he has no clue about government, science, economics, or foreign relations. Despite Trump's assertion that he's read the Constitution I think that's a lie. Otherwise he would not advocate policies which are blatantly unconstitutional. He has the morals of an overgrown playground bully who throws tantrums when he doesn't get his way. If he's elected I expect to see a revolt. Corporate America for one will likely tell him to...well, you can guess.

If he is elected then moving to Canada is no longer a far-fetched idea. My mother was a Canadian citizen and legal US immigrant when I was born.

Or, more fancifully, maybe the Pacific Coast states should go independent. We've been charting a more progressive course for years.

I never thought I'd see it in my lifetime, but this country is going down the same road as Germany in 1932.

*ok, LL, time to get off your soap box*

Yes it is similar. If the far right gains control of our government there will be worse things
to come for those who don't fit what's called normal. I know Trump isn't Hitler re incarnate,
but like Hitler Trump uses the fears, and feelings of the unemployed or underemployed 
wanting government change to gain populariity.

He calls Clinton a lier but she can't hold a candle to him. He lies at the drop of a hat. Not
like a politician who tells half truths, but outright lies. He said he got a letter from the NFL
not wanting the debates to conflict with football games. The NFL immediatly said there was
no such letter. He seems to feel that lieing is the normal way of doing business or politics.
Even if the lie is easily proved to be one. Makes no difference.

I used to think he might be a good man for the White House, but someone who tells lies
as a matter of fact could never be trusted by anyone, much less foreign governments. Also
he never admits of being wrong, it's always someone elses fault.

He seems to have a mental disorder. Either that or he is a first class con artist.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 01:40:37 pm by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 09:05:02 pm »
If my candidate accepted money from countries with policies advocating the stoning of rape victims and the execution of gays for being gay, who accepted large sums for making 20-minute speeches to big bankers, then I'd certainly have reason to be melancholy.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 11:23:45 am »
Seems politics attracts many people to run for the countries highest office. I am sure
many of them have their faults.

I am not a big fan of Clinton. I didn't vote for Bill Clinton in 1992.

But we need someone with a cool clear head. Wars are not like they were a
century ago when it took a long time to get one started. Today the president
only has perhaps 6 minutes to decide if an attack is real or not. Then a button
he/she has can start a nucular war that won't stop till the world is hardly fit for
anyone to live in. With hundreds of millions dead, and as many dying.

Oh some will be in their holes like mice, but there won't be anyplace fit to live
when they crawl out. With radioactive dust everywhere will food grown after be
fit to eat?

There are many people running for President. Just follow this link to see.

It's up to each of us to decide.

http://www.politics1.com/p2016.htm

« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 11:28:57 am by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 04:28:14 pm »
No big Trumpster here, and never watched much of his TV shows. But I have heard his kids on various programs. They seem quite level-headed and say their father is a different person at home. What we are seeing on the stump, IMHO, is the showman side of Trump. (Sorry for the rhyme.) And the media is turning on him just as they did on Romney, McCain, and Bob Dole after they won the nomination. Remember, every GOP candidate has had to battle two foes to reach the White House.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)