Author Topic: What makes America great?  (Read 2478 times)

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: What makes America great?
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2016, 06:25:20 am »
What makes America great?

As time goes by, less and less.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Boarders0

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2016, 08:20:47 pm »
What makes America great is the ability to raise your station through hard work and perseverance.  Also our unbound kindness towards others. 

Raising ones station is not about finding a job but making a business which is hard, but worth it.

There are over 1.5 million charities that came from the US  and some of them are very impactful, (refer to the second link.

So as mentioned previously, it is the people, but not in the media driven pop culture world that everyone sees.  It is the hard working, mountain moving silent majority that makes America great, if we could only get them some spotlight.

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2016, 04:26:46 am »
What makes America great is the ability to raise your station through hard work and perseverance.  Also our unbound kindness towards others. 

Raising ones station is not about finding a job but making a business which is hard, but worth it.

There are over 1.5 million charities that came from the US  and some of them are very impactful, (refer to the second link.

So as mentioned previously, it is the people, but not in the media driven pop culture world that everyone sees.  It is the hard working, mountain moving silent majority that makes America great, if we could only get them some spotlight.

^^^ have to agree a lot on these. sadly we seem to be losing alot of those hard working people. i myself would likely be one of those hard working people, but sadly the customs officer thought it would be funny to deny my partner's entry into the US. stuck with depression, and might be moving to Australia so there goes any hard work in the US.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2016, 11:44:47 am »
America is great because the country is made of many races, and
peoples who escaped tyranny. The founders understood that
mans greed, and disire for power could destroy it. So they did their
best to create a constitution that would protect the people.

As long as those who govern the USA follow the constitution the
country should continue to prosper, but if they don't the country may
fall. It's the peoples trust of government that is needed above all.
The last few elections has seen this trust weaken. I hope those in
government work to restore that trust, or we all may suffer, I fear.

Also what makes america great is being able to speak your peace even
if the government doesn't agree with you. In other countries one could
find them selves dead or in prison for opposing the leader. Lately I have
seen those in government run down the press. We must have a strong
press to watch those in government. Other wise those in government
may work to help their friends and themselves instead of the people.

Some times we have to put up with extremists making speaches about
ideas that would do more harm than good, but as long as it doesn't
directly endanger lives they can.

Carry on america, you are already a great land.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Boarders0

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2016, 10:53:34 pm »

^^^ have to agree a lot on these. sadly we seem to be losing alot of those hard working people. i myself would likely be one of those hard working people, but sadly the customs officer thought it would be funny to deny my partner's entry into the US. stuck with depression, and might be moving to Australia so there goes any hard work in the US.

I am sure, if you really want your partner here you can get it to happen.  It might take many rejections first but all you need is one yes.

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2016, 03:45:10 am »

I am sure, if you really want your partner here you can get it to happen.  It might take many rejections first but all you need is one yes.

visa taken away so we will need to apply for another one. each time he applies for that other one we need to pay $200. he might even be on a blacklist type of thing sadly.. so that yes is going to be very expensive.  the US just really seems to hate hard working people now...

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2016, 11:20:34 am »

visa taken away so we will need to apply for another one. each time he applies for that other one we need to pay $200. he might even be on a blacklist type of thing sadly.. so that yes is going to be very expensive.  the US just really seems to hate hard working people now...

I fear with all the terroist activity in the world it is going to be difficuld for many
poeple to travel to the USA. The public appears to want the government to be
extra extra careful of people they let in, and  I don't see any moderation for this
in the near future. Personally I understand the fear, but not the solution. In a
free society it's not that difficult to do harm.  Look at the 9 black people who were
gunned down that Church while they prayed. The young man who did it was a
citizen who was missled by those who hate.
oldrabbit.com