Author Topic: Trump promises jobs.  (Read 1359 times)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Trump promises jobs.
« on: October 01, 2016, 12:03:31 pm »
Most supporters of Trump say it's because we need jobs. Good jobs.
Jobs Jobs Jobs

He says he will punish big corporations for leaving the country.
He claims he will bring back Coal as a fuel for power.
Not counting other jobs due to policy changes

Ok here is Trump the mouth piece of the GOP . A party who holds up
the Totem of Capitalizism and Free enterprise is going to punish big
corporations for taking their jobs out of the country?  I doubt it.
Trump says it time after time, but Congress has to  do it. Those big
corporations own the Legislature through lobbists and pay for favor.
Also I doubt Trump really cares anyway. He has already hired foreign
manufactures to make the products he sells. He could have had in
country people do it, but he puts profit over the very Jobs he claims
to care about.

He tells Coal miners he will put them back to work. Doesn't he know
Coal mining is done through strip mining now? It only takes a few people
to operate the big machines to dig and move the Coal. Going back to subsurface
mining would be too expensive when Natural gas is already cheaper than strip
mined Coal.

Also he promotes "Trickle down economics." His lower the tax on the rich tax
plan has never been shown to help the middle class. The GOP says lower taxes
and regulations on business and jobs will flurish.  However when you remove
controls from business they often take advantage of the worker with less pay,
safety, and benifits..

We need to move to solar, wind, and other kinds of renewable energy. Also the
USA's infrastructure is in dire need of repair. Bridges, roads, and other things
are reaching the design limits of their useful life, and some have past. Do we
want to wait till bridges collapse or heaven forbid a large dam break? It takes
inspectors and regulations to help keep it safe. Last year a earth dam holding
mine refuse failed and polluted a river for many miles. The owner said they were
up to regulations. Shows you they only do as much as they are forced to.

The GOP doesn't want to raise taxes or force businesses to be safe, or fix our
infrastructure, and I don't think Trump cares either. Even if he did it would  take
a strong leader to make any difference at all. Trump isn't strong against Clinton
in a debate, so how could he stand up against the leaders o Congress or leader of
another country.

Time will tell, but if Trump wins it will be interesting to see how many Jobs stay in
this country or how much Coal we burn, or how many new "Good" jobs are created.

Is the worst canidate for President really worth it with so many doubts and risks. A
man who spends a week ranting about a woman who won a beauty contest years ago.
What happens the first time North Korea fires a missle toward Hawaii  or the west
coast designed to fall short. Will he wait to see? Will he start a war. You think
China would stand on the sidelines if we did? Trump said he thought we should
start a war over bed manners. His temperament is too unpredictable to control
nucular weopons. What good are jobs if we are dieing from radiation. Or thousands
of our troops dead due to Trumps loss of control.

The country is doing well and growing, sure there are people who need work and
good jobs, but it's better to do it with good proven methods. If we move to renewable
energy and to  repair our infrastructure, a multitude of good jobs will be created.

I could go on, but this was mostly about jobs..
oldrabbit.com

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: Trump promises jobs.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 03:38:49 pm »
If you believe Trump will create jobs, I have the Eiffel Tower to sell you.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 09:43:03 pm »
We once had a governor who promised jobs, jobs, jobs. They didn't seem to amount to anything. Clinton made him an ambassador to Canada.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 10:12:29 pm »
If you believe Trump will create jobs, I have the Eiffel Tower to sell you.

Really? How much?  *opens wallet*

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 02:45:18 am »
funny thing is that if what trump says about reducing taxes is true i might be able to make a few new jobs in the future...

so he is kinda correct

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 12:37:23 am »
Of corse Trump will create jobs. First he'll make the draft mandatory. Secondly he'll create a new roll for the National Guard. They'll become a political police. And there will be plenty of new construction jobs created. Those camps don't build themselves. Plenty of new jobs for white American men. Unless your gay, muslim, a political opponent, collage  educated or have any other trait that scare republicans in general.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 08:50:55 am »
that stuff is actually sounding more like something hillary would do, just with a few different things.

trump seems to want to avoid conflicts in other countries and instead improve american industry while hillary kinda wants to continue the whole world police thing. trump doesnt seem to go after political opponents all he does is insult/make fun of them. while hillary supports other people are kinda silencing our freedom of speech (tweets, facebook posts, youtube videos, ect) camps being built.. well thats just random.

now with hillary we might see employment bias for Hispanics, blacks, Muslims, trans, women, ect. people and less jobs for white males. there is the whole diversity thing when trump seems to prefer just anyone qualified for the job.

ill say it again. trump does say many "mean things" he might not be as formal as people want him to be, and he does do some immoral things sometimes but the polices he talks about are more likely to fix things, and are more fair.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 10:39:16 am »
that stuff is actually sounding more like something hillary would do, just with a few different things.

trump seems to want to avoid conflicts in other countries and instead improve american industry while hillary kinda wants to continue the whole world police thing. trump doesnt seem to go after political opponents all he does is insult/make fun of them. while hillary supports other people are kinda silencing our freedom of speech (tweets, facebook posts, youtube videos, ect) camps being built.. well thats just random.

now with hillary we might see employment bias for Hispanics, blacks, Muslims, trans, women, ect. people and less jobs for white males. there is the whole diversity thing when trump seems to prefer just anyone qualified for the job.

ill say it again. trump does say many "mean things" he might not be as formal as people want him to be, and he does do some immoral things sometimes but the polices he talks about are more likely to fix things, and are more fair.

If you truly believe everything you just said, then you are more brainwashed by Trump's rhetoric than I thought you were.  :P

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 12:51:31 pm »
Really? Are you joking? You are saying that the potation who fought for women and racial equality in the work space is more likely to create a fascist state?

You have no basis in facts. Or reality. And were did you get your super secret information about Trumps policies? Who told you these? Where did you get this information? Fox new network? On line? Where did you get your information about Trump.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2016, 03:52:20 pm »
@cause:  Just for clarification, Is your post aimed at me or Graywolf?

For anybody who wants to read, here's a few sample links that discuss Trump and/or Clinton's views on the economy, jobs, national debt, etc.  Most economists, politicians, bankers, etc. tend to feel that Trump's economic and jobs policies will hurt America more than what Clinton's would.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/21/news/economy/donald-trump-economy-jobs/
http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/29/news/economy/trump-trade/
http://www.usnews.com/news/the-report/articles/2016-03-11/donald-trumps-economic-policies-will-cost-americans
http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-and-hillary-clinton-us-economic-policy-2016-9

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2016, 03:59:46 pm »
Trump is  no Free enterprise capitalist.

No government can create jobs, either by protections or stimulus spending because government only can  consume wealth.

Let take an example of an fury artist.

A furry artist spends $10 dollars in materials and sells a drawing  for $35; 35 - 10 = 25.00 in profit of created wealth.     

A furry artist spends $10 dollars in materials and sells a drawing to government  for $35, it not $25.00 in created wealth  because government has to tax anther person $35.00 to buy the art  or  35 -10 = 25, 25 -35(tax)  = -10.

Trump proposes  a  combination of  tariffs (a tax we wend up paying in the end) and fines.   Even if  the job do return , they will be automated,  needing less people but still the higher cost  will be passed on to the consumer.  Higher prices means people will buy less ( think supply and demand).  Less demand meas less investment and less opportunities.  Protectionism is a lose lose proposition.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 04:13:23 pm by Acton »

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2016, 05:26:53 pm »
Sorry Kobuk. I should have made myself more clear. Not you.

Absolutely the truth Acton.

Now here's the absolute truth about the trade def. It is OUR fault. You, me, your neighbors, people in the next town, state and so on. It's OUR fault. Here's how it works. China sends something over here. We buy it. They send more things over here. We buy them too. We send something over there. Why would they buy it? They don't need it. So they send more things to us and we keep buying them. Don't believe me? Go look at ever item of clothing you own. What's the label say? How many times have you looked for 'Made in America"? The more we buy the bigger the def. Want to end the def. Stop buying things from China. Blaming what's in your closet on the government is really stupid.

If another country puts tariffs on our stuff we should put it on theirs. If you have to pay more for it perhaps it's time to look for made in America items. Not have tariffs has given foreign manufacturers a better deal than our own factories. This NEEDS to be stopped. Let's face it. Other counties are smarter than we are. Rase the price of that t-shire by $20 because it wasn't made in this country. Give American manufacturers a chance again.

Here's an idea. Put a $10 tariff on everything manufactured overseas. So we'll have '$11 Dollar Store'. or '11 Dollar Trees'. Then take the money generated and turn it into a government manufactural loan system for start up businesses.

Acton your supply and demand model is way over simplified. If an idem isn't selling then the owner of that item will drop it's price. ( the retail store ) Then look for a cheaper item to help cut losses. To keep up the demand and add even more complex example. The store has these options. One t-shirt for $4. A pack of 3 for $10. The store buys both. 50 $4 shirts. 200 packs of three. If the store runs out of the packs of three someone will buy one shirt for $4. Other's will like the variety of the $4 shirts and choose to buy them. This in itself will help to regulate what manufacturers will charge for their goods. It's worked in the past. So the demand is 'you need a shirt'. Even if that shirt costs you more. The difference is that purchase is helping to keep an American factory open.

Trump is a disease. Like a broken clock he can be right once or twice. Or more like how one virus might fight another inside your body. You will still die of that virus so it's really not your friend either. But at least it helped.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 05:50:28 pm by cause the rat »

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2016, 07:09:32 pm »
Now here's the absolute truth about the trade def. It is OUR fault. You, me, your neighbors, people in the next town, state and so on. It's OUR fault. Here's how it works. China sends something over here. We buy it. They send more things over here. We buy them too. We send something over there. Why would they buy it? They don't need it. So they send more things to us and we keep buying them. Don't believe me? Go look at ever item of clothing you own. What's the label say? How many times have you looked for 'Made in America"? The more we buy the bigger the def. Want to end the def. Stop buying things from China. Blaming what's in your closet on the government is really stupid.

I used to work for a retail company that rhymes with the word "sneers". You can pretty much guess who it is. ;) I worked in the tool dept. A very famous tool brand/line always used to say "Made in America". Well, not any more. During the last 3-4 years I worked at the retail company, I saw more and more tool merchandise say on the back of the packages that it was Made in China or Made in Taiwan, or something else. And when customers came into the store to get a replacement socket wrench, hammer, pliers, or something else from the "famous brand", they got disgusted because the replacement said it was made overseas and not in America anymore. I watched as a lot of customers walked out the door and went shopping elsewhere to "try" and find a better product that was "Made in America".

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2016, 11:12:29 pm »
I remember certain politicians mocking fast food workers--something about "burger-flipping jobs" I guess. Being a kid with little job experience and needing cash, I would have gladly taken one of those jobs.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2016, 12:52:29 am »
thanks for calling me brain washed kobuk.. i am not a blind supporter of trump, many of the policies he said in his speech if they are followed through with would actually help me and other people out later in life while many of the things hillary says are either crazy, illogical, or less efficient. though i do see the issues with trump i just accept that risk than the one we take with hillary

Really? Are you joking? You are saying that the potation who fought for women and racial equality in the work space is more likely to create a fascist state?

You have no basis in facts. Or reality. And were did you get your super secret information about Trumps policies? Who told you these? Where did you get this information? Fox new network? On line? Where did you get your information about Trump.
i barely see any reasonable evidence of hillary fighting for rights. she says she is anti-rape and all that stuff but then she is still with her husband who has sexually harassed many people. she is constantly pushing for "equal rights" which is causing schools, and employers having to hire different people for the sake of diversifying the school/workplace (when we should hire based on ideas, and qualifications) not saying she will cause a fascist state just saying that her polices are unfair, and will likely cause more issues.

as for trump's polices iv mostly been hearing about them from his speeches. all of the lies people call trump out for are tiny, and a little silly complain about (the ones iv heard of are more like exaggerations not lies)

Trump proposes  a  combination of  tariffs (a tax we wend up paying in the end) and fines.   Even if  the job do return , they will be automated,  needing less people but still the higher cost  will be passed on to the consumer.  Higher prices means people will buy less ( think supply and demand).  Less demand meas less investment and less opportunities.  Protectionism is a lose lose proposition.
we only end up paying tariffs if we buy things from countries that have tariffs set on them (so mostly china), so thats where buying american products comes in.

automated factories actually seem to be creating more jobs. long time ago you had several people needing to move the car, welding them, add parts, ect. but that was all.
now you have people to maintain the robot, program the robot, set up the robot, and then you got the whole industry that need to design, build, and test the robot.
iv been in the TESLA car factory, and there are far more people/jobs than you expect there to be with all their automated machines

also if what trump says is true about corporate taxes being lowered, then business will cost less to be operated in the US than they are currently.

If another country puts tariffs on our stuff we should put it on theirs. If you have to pay more for it perhaps it's time to look for made in America items. Not have tariffs has given foreign manufacturers a better deal than our own factories. This NEEDS to be stopped. Let's face it. Other counties are smarter than we are. Rase the price of that t-shire by $20 because it wasn't made in this country. Give American manufacturers a chance again.

Trump is a disease. Like a broken clock he can be right once or twice. Or more like how one virus might fight another inside your body. You will still die of that virus so it's really not your friend either. But at least it helped.
completely agree with that first paragraph. i'd prefer to buy products from America but the products i like a only made in other countries. (in all the stores iv gone to i have never found any clothing made in America) with the type of clothing i wear its far more profitable to buy them from other countries, so American made products are almost non existent. what the government can do is help make it cheaper/more profitable in America so that they might actually get made here. though i'd be fine spending a little more money on clothing (though i dont have much and my dad isnt interesting in the whole only buy in America stuff)
ill likely be getting the Jeep that my dad bought, so i guess thats one step in the right direction in my family.

again agree with the 2nd paragraph. with the cost, and variety that foreign products are sold at American manufactures dont even get a chance to compete.

this is one of the reasons i think trump would be better than hillary. i may be wrong but from what i know hillary kinda wants to keep policies the same if not tax the wealthy more. trump might actually help give american industry a spot to compete.

though that last sentience is pretty true too. i feel that trump might really help our country, but at some point he is likely going to start making mistakes. but i feel that its less of a risk than what hillary would do.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2016, 11:38:27 am »
If Trump has all these good ideas to make the country great as he keeps saying. Why
spend all his time running Clinton down or defending his honor. Almost every thinking
suppoorter of his wants details, not so much crawling in the mud.

I get the feeling he is pushing Nationalisim. We and the world need each other. Going back to
nationalistic ideas of the past will make us poorer not richer. Look at the rich, they sure
like spending their money in other countries. At the end of WW2 we had a growing
economy, we were leading the world in almost every area of industy and mining. But
that is the past. Since then the war ravaged countries have rebuilt with newer infrastructure.
and are leaving us behind. We must rebuild and find new ways to compete. We have to find
ways to compete with the cheap labor of other countries. We need to create jobs that don't
depend on stoop labor. Labor of the mind and skill is the future, because machines and the
unskilled will take the rest to save money.

oldrabbit.com

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2016, 05:15:55 pm »

i barely see any reasonable evidence of hillary fighting for rights. she says she is anti-rape and all that stuff but then she is still with her husband who has sexually harassed many people. she is constantly pushing for "equal rights" which is causing schools, and employers having to hire different people for the sake of diversifying the school/workplace (when we should hire based on ideas, and qualifications) not saying she will cause a fascist state just saying that her polices are unfair, and will likely cause more issues.

as for trump's polices iv mostly been hearing about them from his speeches. all of the lies people call trump out for are tiny, and a little silly complain about (the ones iv heard of are more like exaggerations not lies)

Ill informed? Uneducated? Do you have any clue at all? Other than what you've been told to believe. And for the sake of all things intelligent STOP blaming Hillary for things she didn't do. She didn't molest anyone. Bill did.  And don't even play the 'guilty by association' game. Unless you agree to be just as guilty of everything anyone has done  living within a 10 mile radius of you. As far as Trumps plan. He is taking a blueprint of the 1800's. It failed then and it will fail now. It's absolutely in his and the 1%rs favor.  It all but wiped out the middle class then. it will do the same now. He wants to deregulate banks. Remember the 90's? Millions of middle class people lost everything. He is a disease.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2016, 06:10:38 pm »
she is constantly pushing for "equal rights" which is causing schools, and employers having to hire different people for the sake of diversifying the school/workplace (when we should hire based on ideas, and qualifications)

And this is wrong? We shouldn't hire based on diversity? What if the "different people" have ideas and qualifications that could be better or help make improvements to the school/workplace? What then? So you're saying that some people's ideas and qualifications should not be used over others?

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2016, 07:37:18 pm »
in the last post i written i wasnt blaming hillary for anything and i never said that she molested anyone. the reason i consider hillary having some fault in bill clinton harassing people situations is because she is his spouse, and even though he does immoral things she stays by him, and even kinda covers up bill's actions.

iv mostly been paying attention to the tax plan, syrian refugees, and gun laws. the thing about the banks i have completely no idea. yes trump will likely cause some damage but it seems more reversible than what iv been seeing hillary saying.

And this is wrong? We shouldn't hire based on diversity? What if the "different people" have ideas and qualifications that could be better or help make improvements to the school/workplace? What then? So you're saying that some people's ideas and qualifications should not be used over others?

it is wrong because they are judging based on someone's gender, sexuality, race, ect. its far better to completely forget about any of those things and hire someone for their personality, ideas, and qualifications. if the "different people" have ideas and qualifications that could help make improvements then hire them/let them in the class.

i dont care if someone is male/female, gay/strait/bi, trans/other, black/hispanic/asian/white. if their personality is something that would work, if they have the qualifications/potential, if their ideas are good, then i'd hire them. though if it just so happens that the majority of people i hire are strait white males im not going to throw in some less desirable people just to create diversity with something that doesnt even matter.