Author Topic: Stephen King's "IT"  (Read 1513 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Stephen King's "IT"
« on: September 14, 2017, 02:28:19 pm »
Anybody else here a Stephen King horror fan? Anybody ever read the book IT ?
I've read the book and watched the old 1990's movie miniseries. Both were pretty good. Granted, I'm not really into horror that much, if at all. But Stephen King is a rare exception. The new rebooted IT movie is already out in cinemas and according to reviews, it looks to be pretty good. I'll wait until it comes out on DVD though. Pennywise the Clown does look a lot more creepy in this new film.  :o
The only other Stephen King work I've read and watched the movie of, is The Tommyknockers, which was also pretty good.

Offline Sither

• Species: Floxelin (Alien Fox)
  • Male
Re: Stephen King's "IT"
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 07:43:03 am »
Huge Stephen King fan here. I have almost all his books and have seen most of the movies and miniseries put out. I've read "IT" and saw the miniseries also and am thinking of heading to the movies soon to see the remake.

Another good miniseries is "The Stand" they did a very good job on it and is definitely worth a watch. If course the novel is better but in my opinion I havent seen a movie based off a book that is better than the book.

While the movies in their own right were ok their adaptation from the book was absolutely terrible were. "Desperation" and "The Running Man". If you have read the books the movies are not worth it really.

Some of my  favorite books of his  were The Bachman Books in which "The Running Man" was part of.

I could go on all day on this but for now I need to get to work.   
Never let the fear of what other people think stop you from doing what you love.

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 10:18:41 pm »
My mom read it and threw it at the wall  :D

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 02:03:30 pm »
Clown's gone. ;)

My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 08:41:57 pm »
Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiiiight, Varg. ;)  Somehow, I don't think an alligator is going to do much, if any, harm to IT.  :D
From what I remember in the book and the 1990 miniseries, IT is some sort of inter-dimensional or other worldly being.

Offline wereaibo1

• Species: Robotic Dog
  • Bite my shiny metal tail!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 10:26:01 pm »
It is probably my favorite book. I'm dying to see the movie but social anxiety tends to keep me away from movie theatres.
And, yes, I just got done with rereading the book and Pennywise is some ancient Eldritch abomination type thing. It can take any form but it's preferred form is that of a clown. It's true form is revealed to be a giant spider. But that is only because it's the closest thing to what it really looks like that the human mind can comprehend. Those who see it as it really is or looks into it's "deadlights" is driven insane or goes catatonic. So, yeah, an alligator would be about as much a threat to Pennywise as a baby cockroach would be to a human.
Meddle not in the affairs of robot dogs for you are crunchy and make an excellent fuel source.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 09:19:36 pm »
A syndicated morning show just produced a radio parody sequel about Pennywise' girlfriend...She-It. Exploits every possible colloqualism on that S-bomb. So watch your step.  :P
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)