Author Topic: Trying to find/remember an old 90s sci fi film or series...  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Movian

• Species: Dragon
  • Male
    • Movian's site
Trying to find/remember an old 90s sci fi film or series...
« on: November 19, 2017, 02:59:55 pm »
I have a memory of watching a sci fi either film or tv show back in the 90s  (maybe 00s) on the sci fi channel.

All i can really remember is it was on some sort of space station, a new guy is getting introduced to his new team.

One member is a tall (alien?) who looks angry and I think hits the wall next to the new guy when the leader shows up

and says something like "and he wasn't even wearing his collar". He is then handed a collar which he puts on

The female team member is found somewhere else and I think she was doing some kind of martial arts computer game against someone and people were betting on it?

I think she and her opponent were on like pedestals on either end of a pit and in the pit were virtual versions of them and they were doing kicks on their platforms and their avatars were doing the moves.
and people were betting on it?

I know this is kinda vague (and its not any of the big ones like stargate or farscape etc etc).

any help is apriciated!!!

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
Re: Trying to find/remember an old 90s sci fi film or series...
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 04:36:41 pm »
Doesn't sound like FarScape. Not a big TV person, but it sounds interesting.
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Movian

• Species: Dragon
  • Male
    • Movian's site
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 05:33:24 pm »
I found it ! another friend figured it out its

Space Rangers

one of those shows thats so bad its good

Link for those curious   https://www.youtube.com/708a69d8-2506-4f9b-b1ae-4cadfac7608d

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 06:04:47 pm »
The SCFY channel put out lots of really bad shows in the 90's. Glad you were able to find the one you were searching for.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 11:40:50 am »
Space Rangers
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Rangers_(TV_series)

I vaguely remember this series. I don't think I liked it very much when I had watched it. And I don't think many other people did either due to the show's low ratings and low amount of episodes.  :P