Author Topic: When it rains outside.  (Read 2973 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
When it rains outside.
« on: April 29, 2019, 12:48:10 pm »
What do you do when it rains outside? Are you the kind of person that stays home and doesn't like going out when it rains? Or do you go out anyway and continue with whatever chores and activities need doing?

As for myself, I usually don't like going out when it rains. I'm the type of person that would rather stay home, relax, keep warm, and enjoy some type of activity around the house. But I'm not like this all the time. I will go out and run errands depending on how severe the rain/storms are. On some rainy, cloudy, dreary days, I sometimes take an afternoon nap. Zzzzzzzz.  x_x

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
Re: When it rains outside.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 02:16:42 pm »
Depends on what I have to do. If I have to work outside.  Winter cold. I keep a supply of dry t-shirts just inside the door. I can work up a sweat in sub zero temps. Cold and raining. I'll wear latex gloves under my gloves. Keeps my hands dry. Dry hands are easier to keep warm. Storm and lightning. Nope. Even high or gusty winds will keep me inside. Nothing like alergens being blasted into your face. :) Most of my hobbies are indoor stuff. So unless I have to do home owner stuff I usually stay indoors. I'll try to get outside more this year.

Now if it's a gentle summer rain I'm out in it.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 12:30:45 am »
I love severe weather, so i go out in it. Unless the lightning is striking closeby and frequently.
Rain? I go out walking in it since others are home. It makes it easier. Also it drives the pollen down for a while.
I just use a rain jacket thing.

Or if its a warm rain. I bring some soap and just shower while i walk...
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline FarFar

• Species: Anthro Canine / Corgi
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 06:58:21 am »
If it is a light warm rain, I have no problems going outside and doing outdoor stuff; yard work, walk dogs, etc. Keeps the pollen down which is a plus. Cold, dismal days with cold rain...nope. I will be inside doing indoor things or sitting around being lazy and drinking coffee, hot coco, etc. Don't mind storms as long as I don't have travel much in them.
I took the red pill...

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 11:14:02 am »
I'm outside 24/7 if it's not a thunder storm if it's storming I'm in the garage tinkering with my truck or my dirt bike listening to rock or country music if I'm trapped inside I tinker with my compound bow and making arrows
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 12:33:52 am »
Mowing the lawn is out of the question. But on the plus side, I can skip watering the tomatoes, and if I need to do some target practice--the outdoor range should be free and clear.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2020, 11:37:10 am »
I enjoy the quieting effect that rain has on the neighborhood. No one wants to go scooting about the public streets on their loud motorized toys and get soaked. Plus it's harder to watch out for LE with rain in your face.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline LazyFerret

• Species: Fox
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2020, 12:16:55 am »
If I'm outside, make haste to the nearest shelter. If I'm inside, I'm usually in bed and just listening to it, either taking a nap (if during the day) or asleep (if at night). I love the sound of rain when I am inside, I find it very soothing and calming. It is essentially my white noise.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2020, 10:19:49 pm »
The cat becomes upset and either seeks my protection or hides out somewhere.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2020, 02:34:50 pm »
Dad and I stay in and explain to the dogs that walks don't happen when it rains.

Offline Hans the husky

• Species: Siberian husky
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2020, 03:14:55 pm »
Dad and I stay in and explain to the dogs that walks don't happen when it rains.
My dog is the laziest dog you will ever meet. Rain is good for him because then he doesn't have to go outside

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2020, 03:21:28 pm »
I still walk my dog in a torrential downpour. It doesn't bother her, and the walks are for her health and wellbeing, so it is worth it. I would feel cruel not taking her out.

Dog walking aside, I tend to stay in when it rains and read or do some of my crafts.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2020, 01:15:04 am »
IF it were to rain in this hell hole, I would smile as we are getting moisture and it is something life needs, and this town is getting to feel rather life-less...
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)