Author Topic: the game  (Read 60491 times)

Offline Kale

• Male
the game
« on: January 14, 2004, 07:45:40 am »
A Mysterious ruin somewhere in the world... a lone man sits, contemplating the runes etched on the wall, the cypher was almost his, he would open it and recive the great gift mentioned in the document that had led him here.
He read the runes one more time and it clicked, he pressed the very first and the very final ones and the door opened, darkness pouring out, absorbing the man, contorting his very soul.

It had begun...

"A picture paints a thousand words, but only a thousand words can paint a thousand diffrent pictures" - unknown

my fur code: FMOp3a A? C- D H++$ M? P? R+ T+++ W Z? Sp+ RLLW/U/- a- cadn++++ d+ e# f- h* iwf++ j p+ sm--

My site:

http://www.anthrosoft.furtopia.org

Offline Kale

• Male
the game
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2004, 05:02:12 am »
It was dark, and rain beat against Antons umbrella as he walked through the storm and down into the town, he didn't know why he was out in this weather he just knew that he was waiting. 'waiting for what' he thought as he trudged down the road.
Eventually he reached the riverside and caught a glimpse of his reflection in the water. What he saw was an otter looking back. He knew the otter well, as it was him, a reflection of his furry form, he had been seeing it in mirrors and stuff more and more recently, and he knew that this linked to his feeling that something big was about to happen. There was a clash of thunder as he turned his head upwards, watching the strange purple lightning arcing across the sky, just it time to see the fork arcing towards him and an impossible thing, his reflection leaping out towards him "oh sh-" He was cut off as the lightning and the reflection hit him, sending him flying backwards and into darkness.
When Kale woke up he was in his bed. A dream? No. He could feel the pain of tripping and falling, and his whole body felt wrong, he was laying on his side, so he decided to roll over onto his back "yeowch!" He shouted, having rolled onto something. He quickly rolled off the bed and got up, catching a glimpse of himself in a mirror, an otter stared back. Whereas every previous time he had seen this, the otter had been slightly transparent, not it was very solid and very real., he felt his own face, watching as the paws raised up to touch it, feeling the muzzle that was now his face.
'Wow' He thought 'Its really happened, and I know I'm not dreaming, I think i should tell someone about this'He turned to his computer, which was fortunately still on, and yes, still connected to the internet, he quickly opened messenger to see who was online, turning on his webcam.
"A picture paints a thousand words, but only a thousand words can paint a thousand diffrent pictures" - unknown

my fur code: FMOp3a A? C- D H++$ M? P? R+ T+++ W Z? Sp+ RLLW/U/- a- cadn++++ d+ e# f- h* iwf++ j p+ sm--

My site:

Offline Jalex Darnco

• Male
the game
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2004, 07:28:15 am »
The days grew so cold. Winter was slowly falling upon our area. Summer was slowly fading away, the glorious heat that once shimmered about now gone, and replaced by cool crisp winds. I could almost feel the cold winds from within my own home, pressing against the walls as an elephent would ram a tree.

I waited for sleep to come, this late night. I felt much more restless then I have ever any other night. Not even when I was younger on christmas eve night. I constantly had this need to get up and run outside. That I had to go, and do something. But what?

I've never felt such a need, but I felt so tired. I couldn't help it but fall asleep feeling ashamed at haveing not gone and done what I wanted.

My dreams were twisted, swirling, constnatly going all over the place. I saw, someone, with an umbrella. He walked up to a river. I sat here, on a rock, and watched him through the rain. Then a bright flash, and then it went all odd, chaotic. I saw a lizard, it saw me, and the rest of my night was thrown into darkness.

I woke up, feeling quite odd. I felt like I was laying down on something, something that was quite uncomfritable to be layed on. Rolling to myside with my eyes still closed, I felt my self roll off whatever I had been ontop of. Though an odder feeling came over me. Something was moving, right behind me. My eyes shot open and my body went very still. Whatever was next to me stopped moving as well. I could feel my breath quicken as nervousness grew up in me. Then with sudden decision, I whipped my head around, much faster then I had ever thought I could. Though what I saw was even scarrier. Some sort of long coneish type thing, bent slightly. My first instinct was snake, but I then wondered what a snake would be doing in my bed, and why it got wider as it got closer to me.

A tail? No... that's impossible. I reached over and turned on the light next to me. I saw a scale covered arm pull away from the light after I turned it on. My hands ending in slight claws. Fear soon fell over me. What had happened? What are my parants going to think? what of my sister?

I rolled out of my bed, landing on my feet, then stumbling foward, then backwards, I fell onto my bed ontop of my tail. Panic soon began to Come onto me. I couldn't even stand!

I shook with the fear that I was feeling, trying to free myself of this horrid dream. Curling up into a ball, I felt my tail wrap around my legs as I stuffed my head between my legs and body, making myself so much smaller. I cried, from fear, panic, and saddness knowing that whatever life I had before was long gone to me now.

Offline Kale

• Male
the game
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2004, 07:45:39 am »
Things were going wrong for antony, even with the webcam footage no one had belived him, but then again, why should they. This was not an everyday occurence, he oly belived it because he was constantly moving his han... paw to touch the layer of fur, he showed the footage again and again, trying to find someone who would think it was true, and eventually began to give up out of exasperation and hunger...

"danm... i could really go for some salmon..."
He giggled at the remark, surmising that his appetite had been changed as well as his form. He wondered how his parents would react to it and grinned.

My site:

Offline beyond the darkness

• When darkness falls, allow the light of your heart to guide you
  • Male
    • http://www.btd.deviantart.com
the game
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2004, 09:36:48 am »
"NO! Not again!"
Paul sat up in bed, checking his arms and his legs.
"Thank goodness for that."
He looked towards the window and watched the rain smeer against the glass. He slowly began to calm down.
"My college psyciatrist would have a field day with this one. 'Please doc, I've been having dreams where I'm a ferret, any ideas?'"

Paul climbed out of bed, put on a pair of trousers and went down stairs to get a drink. As he passed the window, something caught his eye. He looked again, there was a person just outside, holding an umbrella, looking at something.
"What's he.." as he spoke there was a flash and the person dissappeared.
Thinking he had been hit by lightning, Paul ran to the door and outside to help, but just as his eyes shifted focus as he turned to run his eyes saw something his brain couldn't process. His reflection was not his own, it was a ferret that looked back at him.
Paul looked evrywhere but he couldn't see the person with the umbrella anywhere. Something made him look up and he saw an instant before it struck, purple lightning arcing through the sky.

Paul awoke, his head pounding, as he moved to rub his forehead he noticed something strange about his hand, no, paw.
He realised what had happed, he couldn't understand it and barely believe it but he knew.
"My parents are gonna KILL ME!"
"Beyond the darkness is a door to the light,
A door to your soul...

When darkness falls
Allow the light of your heart to guide you

Hope burns brighter than any star
And will shine long after the last star dies"

My Furry Code : FMF1 A+ C- D+ H++ M P+ R T++++ W Z- Sm RLA/CT/LW/AT a- cn++ d+ e+ f h* iwf+ j++++ p++ sm--

Offline Kale

• Male
the game
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2004, 11:48:12 am »
Antony decided on a final shot at telling people what had happened, he sent an email to two adresses, contianing an account of what had happened and some webcam footage of him smiling and waving. He sent it to two people almost by instinct, he knew them both from a website and thought that theyed be the most likeley to belive what had happened, He knew them as Beyond The Darkness and JadnarDaj (OOC: used your aim).

My site:

Offline Jalex Darnco

• Male
the game
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2004, 06:16:34 pm »
I knew that I could never show my parants what I had become.  I looked towards my computer. I had known it for such a long time, for so many years. I knew it had consumed my life, slowly dissolving all that was of me. But I am no more of what I was, not anymore.

I crawled to my computer, pushing myself up and into the chair. Pushing several buttons with akward claws, I waited as the computer whined to life.

As it came fully loaded up, I went to my e-mail, knowing nothing else. There was something there, which I opened. I then waited as the attachment downloaded. The message I read while that happened. I stared at it for a moment, before realizing the download had completed. I opened it, and there was an otter waving in a happy fashion.

How could he be happy? How?! His life is destroyed, that everything that was will never be the same. No one would accept him, they'd be scared of him. He'll be subject to scientists poking and prodding him.

Then I wondered at the connections. In my dreams I saw a person with an umbrella, in the rain. I saw the bright flash. Was I somehow connected to him? I noticed a listings of his IM screen names, which I added to it, when I loaded the program up.

When I saw the newly added name pop up in sign of being logged in, I paused for a moment, scared of what could happen, of the conversation that would soon be. Then with heavy reluctence I clicked on the name brining up a new window.

Hello?

Offline Kale

• Male
the game
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2004, 01:14:05 am »
Kale was surprised when someone came online, and replied to his message, the elation of what he had become weraing off a little as he reaslised that it would possibly mean that either he could never leave the house again, or that he would had to live in the wilderness

Erm... hi there

My site:

Offline Jalex Darnco

• Male
the game
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2004, 09:22:30 am »
I wasn't too sure how to begin the conversation. How does one start anysort of conversation of that sort? Perhaps... there is one way.

Are you the one with the umbrella?

Offline Kale

• Male
the game
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2004, 09:26:37 am »
yeah, i had the umbrella, but... how did you know,it wasnt as if you were there and he thought, remembering the feeling that he was bieng wiatched in any physical sense

My site:

• Male
the game
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2004, 09:46:05 am »
Paul crept back into the house, he wanted to run but something brought him back. He couldn't think straight, he wanted someone to comfort him, like his parents would do when he was a child. But he knew  they wouldn't, he wasn't a child anymore, he wasn't even human anymore!
He could only think of one thing, a place that had brought him comfort in the past, he only hoped it could again.
Somehow he was able to turn on his computer and clumsily opened his e-mail in box.
"1 New Message" it told him.
After several seconds the file opened and an otter waved out from the monitor.
He looked for the name of the sender.
"Kale? It can't be!"
Something clicked into place.
"Unless..."
After much frustration Paul was able to open his messenger and saw Kale was already on line.
"Please!" He whispered

Kale, I need your help bad!

A door to your soul...

When darkness falls

My Furry Code : FMF1 A+ C- D+ H++ M P+ R T++++ W Z- Sm RLA/CT/LW/AT a- cn++ d+ e+ f h* iwf+ j++++ p++ sm--

Offline Kale

• Male
the game
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2004, 09:49:20 am »
Kale saw the blink on his messenger
yeah, im here
He was starting to feel really hungry, but leaving the room would provably be a bad idea, his parents would be awake and he now really didnt want to see how they'd react.

My site:

• Male
the game
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2004, 10:00:38 am »
Paul, stared at the reply not knowing what to say.
Breathing hard he began to type.

I don't know how, but I saw someone get hit by lightning then I went out side to help and I...

He struggled to bring himself to admit it.

What are we gonna do?

Just as he hit the enter key something else clicked in his mind.

It was you! I saw you! But how?
A door to your soul...

When darkness falls

Offline Kale

• Male
the game
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2004, 10:09:02 am »
Antony thought for a while before responding
[/I]Well, i dont know how long were gonna be safe,if this has happened to us i want to know what started it and what we have to do, no one who hasnt seen whats happened wont belive us, but i suspect it has happened to others
He pressed enter and snuck downstairs, it appeared that no one was awake so he grabbed a glass of orange juice and some salmon from the fridge and went back upstairs. His mother was waiting in his bedroom.
"Antony... is it really you?" She said, her voice full of concern
"yeah, its me mum" he replied
"w-what happened to you?"
"I dont know, im trying to figure it out"
She hugged him tight "I know that youre gonna be leaving soon and i hope that you'll be ok... please... come back.." and left

My site:

• Male
the game
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2004, 10:17:40 am »
Paul read the reply. He knew what Kale said was true. He heard his father moving in the next room.
He quickly scribbled down a note for his parents (as best as he could write with his paw like hands)
I'm sorry, I have to go, you wouldn't understand. But I'll be back!
"I hope" he added silently.
He pinned it to his room door and crept back out of the house.
He look back at his home. The sun was beginning to rise, casting a strange red glow over it.
"I've never seen that before," he said before turning and sprinting away.
A door to your soul...

When darkness falls

Offline Kale

• Male
the game
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2004, 10:22:44 am »
Antony watched Beyond sign off, his own preperations to leave having been completed, his laptop and cell phone modem safley stroed among his gear on his  pack as he eaded down the drain pipe and out into the countryside.

My site:

Offline Jalex Darnco

• Male
the game
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2004, 02:35:15 pm »
I watched to my horror as Kale signed off. My only connection gone. I felt panic sweep over me again. It was still very cold outside. How was I going to survive? A lizard can't survive at these tempratures! I was going to turn into the ultimate sludge!!!

Where was I to go? This Kale person lived in england... I lived in the US. How is a 6' lizard going to get anywhere unnoticed? How was I to get anywhere? I got up tentativly, wobbling on my two altered feet, my tail swinging around behind me trying to keep me up, I then fell over, my tail knocking the chair away, and my butt hitting the ground with a thump. I tried again, this time with a bit more balance in me, but not quite enough for me to actually start walking.

Offline Kale

• Male
the game
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2004, 05:20:49 pm »
Kale was three miles out of town before he finally got a chance to get back on the net, the cell phone connection was 56 k but that didnt matter, he quickly saw jadnar

Jad? You online?

My site:

Offline Jalex Darnco

• Male
the game
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2004, 05:30:09 pm »
I heard the sound of my messanger telling me there was a new message. I walked over carefully, with my newly found balance, my tail bouncing slightly behind me. When I got there I found it was Kale. Relief poured into me as I typed up my reply.

Yes! Yes... I am online, still.

Offline Kale

• Male
the game
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2004, 05:56:45 pm »
Kale smiled when he replied
sorry about that, i had to get out, i just ...knew where i have to be... i need you to see if theres anyone else near you who this has happened to you...

My site:

Offline Jalex Darnco

• Male
the game
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2004, 06:09:00 pm »
I'm afraid I can't do that.

I turned on my webcam showing my lizard like features.

See... I'm up in northren america... and well.. it's getting cold. Which makes it very hard for someone like me to operate effectively.

Offline Kale

• Male
the game
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2004, 06:27:04 pm »
danm... i'll sort this out as soon as i can, and i'll find a way up to you, but i have to take care of something up here first, if i were you i'd try and explain  this to your parents, at least they cant argue that furry is an entirley online thing.

My site:

Offline Jalex Darnco

• Male
the game
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2004, 06:33:21 pm »
I'm scared to do that, to confront my parants. How'd you wake up and find one of your kids turned into a giant lizard? I hazard that this wouldn't paint a very pretty picture, least for my folks.

I squirmed in my seat slightly at the thought.

Offline Kale

• Male
the game
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2004, 06:28:53 am »
dont worry about it, I think that they'll know, and understand what you have to do... I have to go now, im by the roadside trying to head up north and i cant stay connected
Kale wished he didnt have to leave Jadnar alone, but he didnt have a choice, he could be noticed at any minute

My site:

• Male
the game
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2004, 07:53:46 am »
Dark slid the money into the coin slot slot and looked around worriedly. Even though the hoodie covered most of his head he was still worried someone would want to use the phone as it was the only E-Mail pay phone for miles.
He hurridly tapped in the e-mail address and began to write.

Kale, here's my phone number, I don't think I can get online again, conntact me through that

"Message Sent" flashed on screen.

"I hope he gets it" he thought.

Glancing round, Dark left the phone box and quickly made for cover. Although the hoodie and baggy trousers hid most of his now animal form he still did not want to be seen.
He knew all he could do now was head south and meet up with Kale.
Just as he was about to make his move his phone bleeped, removing it from his pocket he read:

We Know, Good luck

It was from his parents. He stared at the phone for a moment before turning and making for the outskirts of town.
A door to your soul...

When darkness falls