Author Topic: Bad Furry habits  (Read 78015 times)

Offline Arashi_Calunata

• Species: Solus Cat
  • That's what happens? Fascinating!
Re: Bad Furry habits
« Reply #375 on: November 29, 2012, 07:33:17 pm »
I meow like a cat. It's something I just love to do ^.^ And lay nearly everywhere. Still. But, not in trees anymore. Not much. And i growl when frustrated or mad at someone, and I just tackle everyone who's back is turned and that i know.
Artist by trade, Soldier by choice.

475 consecutive last stands. Funny how that happens, huh?

A 'Solus Cat' is my evolution on my older species, the Hreldren. But better.

Offline Smart Wolf

• Male
« Reply #376 on: November 29, 2012, 08:28:17 pm »
The only real habit I have is growling when I'm startled or angry...
But my mate-she'll lick my face every so often, it's adorable;she likes it when I do it back.

I hope she doesn't read this...
So much to do...

Offline Mikhowl

• rawr!
  • Male
« Reply #377 on: January 01, 2013, 09:19:19 am »
I wouldn't really count this as a bad habit but I growl a lot, usually as a playful annoyance like grr lol. And then I'll purposefully growl at the cats to make them go away/keep them in the room as I'm closing the door. Or at my dog just for fun. He'll go on his back and show me his belly ;)

Oorr when I'm alone and bored sometimes I'll practice my growl and try to make it better  :)
I am a coyote, aspiring to be a wolf. But I have the heart of a dragon :)

Offline GingeGinge

• Species: Ginger Tabby
  • Spreading Love & Affection since 2012
  • Male
    • I Haz a Youtubez!!
« Reply #378 on: January 03, 2013, 02:00:11 pm »
i talk to my cat, and can sort of understand him.

i been known sometimes to clean the back of my hands like a cat would clean his/hers paws.

and i don't like people calling animals "it", its always "him"/"her", (dunno if thats a bad habit)
furry code :
FFDf3arw A- C- D+++ H++ M- P R- T W Z+ Sm++ RLCT* a- cadln+++ d++ e+ f+ h* iw+++ j p- sm+

http://mj.ucw.cz/furry/ to decode for you :)

Offline Sora Flame

• Male
« Reply #379 on: January 13, 2013, 12:24:40 pm »
- Growl sometimes
- Talk with my cats
- Like chewing on pencils and my claws
Sometimes I whimper when im in abit of pain or to get my way
Wake up at 3 in the morning for no reason at all  8)
Umm... Thats pretty much all for me as bad habits

Offline Arashi_Calunata

• Species: Solus Cat
  • That's what happens? Fascinating!
« Reply #380 on: January 23, 2013, 07:33:49 pm »
And lay nearly everywhere. Still. But, not in trees anymore. Not much.

Correction for myself.

I've been climbing many more trees, and am back to having a five-a-week quota of sleeping/laying in trees.
Artist by trade, Soldier by choice.

475 consecutive last stands. Funny how that happens, huh?

A 'Solus Cat' is my evolution on my older species, the Hreldren. But better.

Offline phoenixwolf

• ranger wolf!
  • Male
« Reply #381 on: January 24, 2013, 07:41:34 am »
when you build your army on world of mythology out of wolves and bullmen :goldlaugh:

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #382 on: January 25, 2013, 04:14:09 pm »
Inspired with the fandom I started sleeping with large plushies since 2008. I have done so since a child in the mid 1960's  I become a plush cuddle addict. If  I drop my plush while I sleep with i will grab a pillow or sheet. I have sneaked a pluhie with me when traveling.  I keep 5 plushies on each side of the futon and will grab one while sleeping or when I roll over I will still have the plush in my arms and will repostion it without waking up.

one quirk: I will realer y sleep with my guy plushies they have to be female bears, Hello Kitty or Minnie Mouse, even through Chococat has known to sneak in for a cuddle. I do have a tradition  with large plushes in my collection, I have to sleep with then a least one night.

Offline Flyntz

« Reply #383 on: January 28, 2013, 04:18:47 pm »
Once I jokingly told one of my friends: I'm calling the animal cruelty on you!  (:(this is because he wouldn't stop teasing me with his arms stretching to reach my muzzle)

Offline dodbringr

« Reply #384 on: January 31, 2013, 01:10:39 am »
Let's see...
Growling when we are irritated, creating "nests" in the snow (it snows quite a bit in the winters where we are), hoarding shiny stuff (rather common practice among dragons as we recall), and clawing surfaces when we are bored. Our list may be strange, but it is honest.  :D

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #385 on: January 31, 2013, 06:11:54 pm »
chewing on my headset wires and wearing my tail at inappropriate times.
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #386 on: February 02, 2013, 06:23:34 am »
Thats easy.  CAT PAW FACE! *pams paw to face*

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #387 on: February 14, 2013, 04:01:09 pm »
Umm....Let's see I growl or snarl when someone tries to take my food or threatens to kiss my belly. I hiss when mad or near the vet's. Yelp when startled. Howl when exited.    
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 08:54:04 pm by Firelight »

Offline bkatt500

• Female
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #388 on: February 20, 2013, 01:22:43 am »
I yelp or chirp if surprised or hurt, and snarl if someone does something to me I don't like, which doesn't happen often.  I did once hiss and snarl at a kid reaching for my necklace without asking, since it looked like he was reaching for... something else.  At home I walk on my toes a lot and I also tend to perch instead of sit on chairs when possible.  I have some very subtle habits too like pricking my ears and turning my head when I hear a noise and resting on the front of my hand (my fingers are double jointed at the base so I can do a digitigrade hand-thing).  I picked up all of these before I ever heard the term furry, so they're less 'furry habits' and more 'socially awkward animalistic habits'.
<a href=http://bkatt500.deviantart.com/>Check me out on deviantArt!</a>

Offline Liamb763

• Generic Wolf
  • Male
« Reply #389 on: May 15, 2013, 07:50:39 am »
I used to go up my stairs on all fours, but my parents wanted me to stop because I was getting older. I wasn't into the fandom then, just was a habit. I also kick my leg like a dog when I'm happy. Don't know why. Not sure If I would consider it bad, though.
"Sometimes I go to my own little world. They know me there."-Albert Einstein. Fur code:FCWf3a A C- D++ H+ M P+ R- T+++ W-- Z Sm-- RLU a- cn++ d- e-- f- h* i+ j- p+ sm#

Offline flatout442

• Male
« Reply #390 on: May 15, 2013, 12:13:13 pm »
I will have conversations with my cat even though I can't understand a thing she says back lol. It's just entertaining to watch her reply.
One simply does not exist without bacon.

Offline Huskywolf

• Male
« Reply #391 on: May 16, 2013, 02:26:43 am »
I've too have growled when angry way back before I was a fur, And I've always ran up the stairs at HOME on all fours as I find it gets me up there a lot faster.   And occasionally when I'm in bed If I'm angry I will chew and try to tear the top right corner of my quilt while growling......don't know if I should be ashamed or not   :-[

Offline Dj sky jr

• Male
« Reply #392 on: June 15, 2013, 11:59:52 pm »
No i did something like that before i was a fur to.

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #393 on: June 18, 2013, 06:05:02 pm »
I eat dog treats...and sometimes I'll sleep on the floor even if a couch or bed is open...and I sometimes murr when I'm happy...yeah...not exactly proud of that...it's not at all inconspicuous at all...
Mate of WereCat

Offline Xephe Wolf

• Species: Main: Red panda, but sadly I cant change the name of my account to what I want.
  • Always somewhere in the world...
  • Male
« Reply #394 on: June 19, 2013, 12:48:31 am »
i just recently tried milkbones. i actually liked the taste and it made my teeth whit.
People say chuck norris is strong and the best.I don't think so. If he were so strong, then he would
bash my face into the keyboa 6098[]\[]\;[;[[]p0653tipogfcjkt4987348uij!@#$%^*&&&&&&(

Offline Rosyzozo

• Just chilling
  • Female
« Reply #395 on: June 19, 2013, 03:38:48 am »
I used to run with my hands circling in front of me ( imatating running on all fours ). It actually made me run faster.
Don't stop smiling :)

Offline alecfox1997

• A quite lonely fox..
  • Male
« Reply #396 on: August 06, 2013, 12:06:38 pm »
 if someone tries to snatch something out of my hands I hiss at them.... :-[

Offline Aloneness

• Species: Hella Gay Wolf
  • Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #397 on: August 07, 2013, 01:28:52 pm »
You know, I can't really blame anything on the furry fandom because most the stuff I do I started before I even knew of the fandoms existence, also I still make an active decision to do or to have started doing any said habits. Thus I am entirely to blame and if it just so happens to get compared to an animal, that's pure coincidence... (Not /bad/ habits per say just habits btw.)

* I like being petted and when so will reply with nuzzling into said pet or tilting my head in said direction of pets
* I yelp/squeak/meep upon being tickled.
* I nom on stuff out of boredom, prey of choice being soda cans because poking holes in the can with my k-9's is strangely amusing
* I sleep curled up in a ball (only takes up about 1/4 - 1/3 of my twin sized bed when I sleep)
* I run digitigrade because I run faster doing so and because I don't wear tennis shoes so It helps my sandals stay on when running at 7+ mph
Ren's Translation Note:
Konnichiwa = Hello, Nani = What?, Великий ведра огонь! = Great Buckets of Fire!

Avi by Haru

Offline Plantan

• Species: The only Collie, Sugar Glider, Raccoon Hybrid
  • The sun is gone, but I have a light.
  • Male
« Reply #398 on: August 29, 2013, 08:27:39 am »
You know, I can't really blame anything on the furry fandom because most the stuff I do I started before I even knew of the fandoms existence, also I still make an active decision to do or to have started doing any said habits. Thus I am entirely to blame and if it just so happens to get compared to an animal, that's pure coincidence... (Not /bad/ habits per say just habits btw.)

* I like being petted and when so will reply with nuzzling into said pet or tilting my head in said direction of pets
* I yelp/squeak/meep upon being tickled.
* I nom on stuff out of boredom, prey of choice being soda cans because poking holes in the can with my k-9's is strangely amusing

This is me except I'll bite people on occasion when I'm upset. And I click when I'm happy... (:
Inactive Here- Add me on Discord if you knew me in my active years on the forum :) - plantan0615

Offline Christiaan

• Male
« Reply #399 on: August 31, 2013, 01:44:39 pm »
Well, I once was in a writing class, and this was during a time when I was pretty much constantly tired and not thinking clearly due to an alcoholic room-mate, among other issues from my past that I was still sorting out in my head and in my life. One day, I was especially underslept, and I was trying to participate in class. And then one of my classmates, out-of-the-blue, squawked, "Haha! I swear, he just yipped! That's so cute!" I was a little embarrassed, but then I realized that I've just gotta suck it up and stop being embarrassed over these things. I have a few cutesy/weird furry habits, and I've just got to learn to live with them.

Okay, another habit is that I will make "dooking" or "purring" noises while eating. I'm not aware of it. The only way I even know about it is that other people point it out to me. And I'm like, "NO I DON'T!" and they're like, "oh, yes, sonny, you do." And finally I realized, yeah, I kinda do. It's a strange, guttural "dookdookdook" type noise, I swear. Some people just describe it more as a "purr."

With my mate, I insist on being petted a lot. I'm like the most obnoxious attention-desperate cat you've ever seen. Hey, some people may think it's weird, but I really have an awful, grouchy personality if I'm not getting my scritches regularly. If I'm petted on a lot, I'm actually a tactful, thoughtful, solicitous sort of person. It may sound strange, but it makes ALL the difference.

And I have had a few others at various points in my life, but I attribute them more to my own particular insanity than to being a furry.