Author Topic: The "Good News" thread.  (Read 133138 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: The "Good News" thread.
« Reply #2125 on: April 08, 2021, 11:32:46 am »
I managed to get a coronavirus vaccine appointment scheduled. Yay!  :D Took me a few days to try, but I finally got it. First dose is tomorrow. I think it's the Moderna vaccine.
It is just crazy right now trying to register on the computer. Every where I go, everything is booked up.

For those people who are still waiting and still trying to register online, I say to keep trying. Don't give up! Check various sites and pharmacies multiple times a day. Before I finally got my appointment, I was checking almost a dozen times a day. It's hard, but not impossible. ;)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #2126 on: April 09, 2021, 04:53:42 pm »
My good news is that in 2 weeks I get my final Phyzer vaccine for Covid-19.  My first dose was obtained by driving 130 miles and walking up and doing 1 page of paperwork and then getting the shot.  My next shot in 2 weeks will be same.  Turns out that one way to skip the computer hassle here is to simply drive to a place that does things old-school.

Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2127 on: April 09, 2021, 06:15:31 pm »
My good news is that in 2 weeks I get my final Phyzer vaccine for Covid-19.  My first dose was obtained by driving 130 miles and walking up and doing 1 page of paperwork and then getting the shot.  My next shot in 2 weeks will be same.  Turns out that one way to skip the computer hassle here is to simply drive to a place that does things old-school.

You drove 130 miles?  :o Wow. I wished I could have gotten the vaccine a lot closer to me, but I had to travel about 15-18 miles to get my first shot today. Had to have a friend drive me to the pharmacy. My second shot is on May 7th. I got the Moderna vaccine at Walgreens. About the only symptoms so far after the first shot are a sore arm and slight tiredness.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2128 on: April 11, 2021, 10:17:22 am »
Got a belated birthday gift from my best friend. A picture of STAR TREK characters Kirk and Spock signed by actors William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy.  :o It even has a Certificate of Authenticity too. Now I just need to find a decent picture frame for it.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #2129 on: April 11, 2021, 11:30:35 am »
Hi Kobuk, yeah I chose to drive that far to avoid long lines of people,  and difficult to use web sites, plus I could get mine 2 weeks earlier that way... There are places in my town that are giving shots, but all are slow going.

Wish I had that star trek photo!

My good news is I found the annoying noise in my vehicle and fixed it! Lose suspension bolt, nothing major,  just holds the rear axle in place is all.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #2130 on: April 12, 2021, 01:47:58 pm »
Getting my first vaccine Wed! Looking forward to getting this done. Really miss seeing my family.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2131 on: April 12, 2021, 02:05:42 pm »
And more good news. Someones coming out to do an estimate on my fascia and guttering replacement. Ya! The joys of home ownership. Hopefully this wont cost more than 10K...........
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #2132 on: April 15, 2021, 10:00:59 pm »
I'm getting a Crested Gecko for my Birthday!  :goldhowl:

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #2133 on: April 19, 2021, 09:29:25 pm »
I was able to enter a public affairs competition on behalf of my local aviation-based Search-and-Rescue chapter once more. If this goes through and earns national recognition, then it will be my fifth such honor.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2134 on: April 20, 2021, 11:13:59 am »
Ordered a tshirt on Amazon and it's coming from Kentucky. Been watching the tracking information so I know when to expect it. Was supposed to be delivered today. Nope. It went as far as Chicago, then headed back to Kentucky. I'm in Wisconsin.  :o  >:(

My tshirt finally arrived today. :)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2135 on: April 20, 2021, 09:00:08 pm »
Finally heard back from the folks that will be doing work on my house! Good news is it's under 4K! A LOT cheaper than I thought it was going to be. The joys of home ownership.  :D

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #2136 on: April 23, 2021, 12:01:05 pm »
I'm about to finish my Fire Tech class. Also beginning to start all my FEMA required classes for next fire season. Here's to hoping I earn a spot on a Type 2(IA) Handcrew.
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #2137 on: April 25, 2021, 12:20:22 am »
A free $50 fuel card, courtesy of my credit card rewards program, arrived today.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2138 on: April 25, 2021, 10:14:20 pm »
I started therapy last week, and it's covered by my insurance. And I've been getting some stim toys for myself and nice things for my apartment. And I got a refund for the HP laptop that was supposed to replace my Dell--at least the Dell is still working! Going to look into a smaller Chromebook to take with me to work instead.

And even more good news I forgot to share--I am fully vaccinated against the plague!  :-[
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 10:17:32 pm by Iara Warriorfeather »
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2139 on: April 25, 2021, 10:39:21 pm »
And even more good news I forgot to share--I am fully vaccinated against the plague! 

Congrats!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 09:15:11 am by Kobuk »

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #2140 on: April 26, 2021, 03:54:15 am »
And even more good news I forgot to share--I am fully vaccinated against the plague!  :-[
Just because you have protection doesn't mean you can go tempting fate. Would immediately walk around the bad parts of town calling people out just because you got a bulletproof vest? You may have gotten the vaccine but the virus a living thing and evolution is relentless. The moment you get careless and complacent you're gonna get sick. Keep your mask on, keep out of crowds and remember, even if you don't get sick there's a chance you could be carrying it. So don't take chances.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2141 on: April 26, 2021, 01:08:39 pm »
Let's put the blame where it belongs here. it's not the drug companies fault we will all need booster shots. It's republicans, right wing media, Q and others who are doing their best to keep this virus alive and killing.

Getting a primary doc for the first time in years. And right here in the town I live in. It's good news as long as he doesn't have anything to tell me. :)

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #2142 on: April 27, 2021, 12:46:18 pm »
Let's put the blame where it belongs here. it's not the drug companies fault we will all need booster shots. It's republicans, right wing media, Q and others who are doing their best to keep this virus alive and killing.
No, it's biology. Several vaccines often require booster shots. That's just the nature of the beast. But when a virus is this prolific new strains are inevitable. That doesn't mean the vaccine is pointless, some protection is better than none, but needing a booster is just how this vaccine (plus many others) works.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

• Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2143 on: April 28, 2021, 02:04:53 am »
Kay and Kobuk-I appreciate your concern and I understand what you mean--I am still wearing my mask around others and staying home 95% of the time. I know the vaccine is just a start and that future vaccinations/boosters will be necessary. I know the biology of viruses, I have a degree in Biology, so I am well aware of the risks right now.

I just thought it was good news to share.

I guess not.  :'(
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2144 on: April 28, 2021, 09:18:16 am »
Kay and Kobuk-I appreciate your concern and I understand what you mean--I am still wearing my mask around others and staying home 95% of the time. I know the vaccine is just a start and that future vaccinations/boosters will be necessary. I know the biology of viruses, I have a degree in Biology, so I am well aware of the risks right now.

I'm sorry, Iara.  :( I should have wished you Congrats, but instead my comments came off as something else and warned you that people may need another shot and such. I removed my original comments and instead wished you congratulations on getting vaccinated.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2145 on: April 28, 2021, 02:34:21 pm »
Concern is caring. It's all good.

My new brace came in TODAY!!! You know your getting old when you get excited over medical devices.  :D My left knee will now be supported by velcro, spandex and stainless steel. I'm becoming a cyborg. Perhaps Protogen should be my next furnsona. :)

• Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2146 on: April 28, 2021, 02:52:33 pm »

I'm sorry, Iara.  :( I should have wished you Congrats, but instead my comments came off as something else and warned you that people may need another shot and such. I removed my original comments and instead wished you congratulations on getting vaccinated.

Kobuk-Thank you for the apology, I appreciate it. These are tough times and it's hard to know who is/isn't being responsible, so I get where you were coming from. It just wasn't a good night for me. Things are better now, though, and again, thank you.

In other good news, I got two VHS tapes from my childhood--Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast--for less than $25 total! Woot! I am so happy to have these pieces of my childhood back again.
Furry Code:

My art and such

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #2147 on: April 29, 2021, 04:12:27 am »

Sorry as well. I reacted wrongly and it was a mistake. I'm sorry.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

• Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2148 on: April 29, 2021, 02:51:53 pm »
Thank you for the apology, Kay. I appreciate it.

Getting an eye exam tomorrow. I've needed one for a few years.  :-[
Furry Code:

My art and such

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #2149 on: April 29, 2021, 04:22:06 pm »
New battery and charger for my laptop arrived this week.
(Baps the old humorist.)