Author Topic: The "Bad News" thread.  (Read 106656 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: The "Bad News" thread.
« Reply #1675 on: April 05, 2021, 04:15:40 pm »
Went and registered to be put on a waiting list with my county's Health Dept. for the covid vaccine. Haven't heard back yet on anything.

Registered on the Walgreen's pharmacy website and looked for vaccine appointments. Nothing in my county. Everything available was in another county next door. :( I'll try searching again tomorrow.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #1676 on: April 15, 2021, 11:16:10 am »
Was run off the road in back woods by aggressive driver last Sunday.  I ditched my vehicle to save me and the dog from a head on collision.   Dog is very bruised up, she hit the dash.  Vehicle suspension is damaged and will take 2 weeks for parts to come in.  Was able to self rescue and limp vehicle home 100 miles at 45mph with blinkers on.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #1677 on: April 15, 2021, 10:05:07 pm »
Awe I hope Wanda's ok

Bad news My dad won't help me with the Gecko terrarium. Putting up the background ect. Luckliy my friend is coming over tomorrow to help me.
Why is it that friends are more helpful then parents? I mean he did buy the terrarium, and I'm thankful for that but... Sigh...Yeah I feel slightly depressed now.  :(

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #1678 on: April 16, 2021, 12:44:38 am »
Wow Jade. Really hope both you and Wanda are doing good.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1679 on: April 16, 2021, 04:29:25 pm »
Thanks Firelight and Cause
Wanda has been on light sedation so she can rest at home, and she is much better.  Nothing broken.

My bad news is I fell into a kitchen cabinet and the cabinet blew to pieces.  It was made super cheaply.

Hopefully your friend and you can get the terrarium together without too much trouble!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1680 on: April 19, 2021, 08:34:39 pm »
Ordered a tshirt on Amazon and it's coming from Kentucky. Been watching the tracking information so I know when to expect it. Was supposed to be delivered today. Nope. It went as far as Chicago, then headed back to Kentucky. I'm in Wisconsin.  :o  >:(

Then I have another package that was supposed to be delivered today from Amazon. Nope. According to tracking by FedEx (Or I should say, FedUp.), the package is sitting on a truck and won't be delivered till tomorrow, I hope. This is a really important package for a modeling project that I need that I ordered from Texas.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #1681 on: April 29, 2021, 04:24:44 pm »
Just discovered the Memorial Day activities in Mackinaw City have been cancelled.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1682 on: April 30, 2021, 11:58:08 pm »
The VCR I got from the Goodwill down the street from me turns on but doesn't work. I know...first world problems. Still. ugh
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1683 on: May 04, 2021, 04:17:03 pm »
The VCR I got from the Goodwill down the street from me turns on but doesn't work. I know...first world problems. Still. ugh

Ship it to me I will fix it!
Probably a power supply issue.

My bad news is that my mood is taking an unexpected turn down.  Bummer since I had been feeling good.
(Name that tune!)

• Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1684 on: May 05, 2021, 02:21:07 am »
I think it could be a belt problem, it makes a funny whirring noise and then stops...it won't even take the tapes I try to shove in, so, I think it's done for. :(

I'm going to have a power outage tomorrow and I keep dissociating so I'm behind at work...ugh...!

*and* my friend of several years refuses to talk to me. I think our relationship is toast, and I feel like somehow it's my fault. I know it's not...these things happen...I just wish my friend's mental health was better, so that we could be friends like we were a few years ago. *sigh* :(
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

• Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1685 on: May 05, 2021, 02:21:55 am »

Ship it to me I will fix it!
Probably a power supply issue.

My bad news is that my mood is taking an unexpected turn down.  Bummer since I had been feeling good.

Oof...still! You survived that car accident and that is a good thing, at least!
Furry Code:

My art and such

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #1686 on: May 05, 2021, 09:20:04 am »
Shoulder pain has come back.
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Beag L. Howler

« Reply #1687 on: May 07, 2021, 02:43:33 pm »
Quit my job, because I felt like it was getting too stressful and that my manager didn't value me anyway.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1688 on: May 08, 2021, 12:46:50 pm »
Gave a few DVD's to a friend so that he could clean them up for me and remove some scratches and stuff. He ruined The Thing DVD disc and now owes me a new copy.  >:(

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1689 on: May 11, 2021, 10:19:48 am »
Dog ate through wall joining garage to house.  Came home to a dog head poking out of wall.
I am very mad at her.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Beag L. Howler

« Reply #1690 on: May 18, 2021, 12:56:30 pm »
I don't think I'm getting called in for an in-person interview to the job I applied for.

Then again, applying for a movie theatre job when I don't watch a lot of movies was probably my first mistake.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1691 on: May 25, 2021, 10:32:15 am »
My dad was picking weeds in his yard and wound up in the emergency room.
He picked a plant called Donkey Tail Spurge.  It is also called something like Euphorbia Mirisantis.
The sap is white and like glue and he was severely allergic.  He had anaphylactic shock and his right cornea is burned and he can not see right now.
Thankfully he is doing okay now.  He still has red welts where the plant touched him.

Apparently in Colorado this plant is considered an invasive species and it is also illegal to have.  If it is on the property , it HAS to be removed.
I can see why.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1692 on: May 29, 2021, 07:56:21 am »
Trail cam images this week show no fox visits. I hope he's okay.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1693 on: May 31, 2021, 04:13:56 pm »
No hot water in my apartment building today. :(
This is the second time in 2 weeks this has happened.
And since it's Memorial weekend, the plumber can't come out and get it fixed till tomorrow or Weds.  :(

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1694 on: June 01, 2021, 01:44:45 pm »
No hot water in my apartment building today. :(
This is the second time in 2 weeks this has happened.
And since it's Memorial weekend, the plumber can't come out and get it fixed till tomorrow or Weds.  :(

It is amazing how many things we do with hot water.  Heating, cleaning,  cooking,  etc.  Sorry Kobuk, that stinks.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1695 on: June 01, 2021, 09:59:40 pm »
Forgot to call the doctor's office to have a prescription refilled, did so today and on my last dose.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1696 on: June 04, 2021, 10:14:14 pm »
A friend reports that his fursuit delivery has been delayed. Tracking shows it's somewhere in Russia.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Beag L. Howler

« Reply #1697 on: June 11, 2021, 12:18:51 pm »
Well, discord is down, and the food I ordered is still waiting for the grubhub driver to pick it up and deliver. Nothing too serious on either end, but still annoying.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1698 on: June 12, 2021, 10:34:39 pm »
Flickr and Photobucket both changed their prices and their account options a few years ago which made them both very "unattractive" for image hosting.  >:( Since then, I've only been posting my images on Facebook to share with people and groups because there's no fees and such there.
But I still need a place to host images to share with regular website forums. That's where Imgur comes in. I started an account 3 years ago, but never fully used it till yesterday. At least there's no fees there, no image capacity limit in an account. Though they do have a limit of 50 images uploaded per hour.........or is it per day?
If there's one thing that might get on my nerves about Imgur, it's that the site allows you to "vote" so to speak on a post or image by giving "points". If you like an image, post, or comment, you can vote UP or if you don't like something, you can vote Down. The more points you get, the higher your ranking and the more badges and whatever you get. Not really sure I like that system. But where else am I supposed to go for image hosting? As I said, Flickr and Photobucket have gotten crazy with their different account options and the fees you have to pay.
I've posted a few things on Imgur already. I thought some of my stuff people would like. But I guess not. Some people are really harsh with their comments..........and giving or not giving points.  :'(

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1699 on: June 14, 2021, 10:54:01 am »
Hi Kobuk.  That is a form of social engineering.  Making people feel bad/good based on possibly flippant reasons.  I do not like how our society wants people to "criticize each other" over everything.  I make things at home that are no doubt not how most people would make them, and my coding style is also not 100% like what others would like.  But in the end, it works.  So to heck with people's comments.  Anyone read "Wild Swans" regarding a woman's escape from communist China?  The term "self criticism" pops into mind.  Reminds me of how our social media platforms operate.  If you do not get up votes, you are nobody, and are not worth hearing from.  But this is not true. 

My bad news is my work is going back on their allowing me to take time off for my local furry-con.  SO I AM MAD!  >:(
(Name that tune!)