Author Topic: Wanting to bring more of the fandom into my life and room.  (Read 5040 times)

Offline Yollim

• The pen is mightier than the sword.
How might i do this ^^
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 11:57:07 pm by Yollim »
Picture by T-Yoshi45

Offline BassCreator

Re: Wanting to bring more of the fandom into my life and room.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 06:42:44 pm »
Put up your art like me, get animal related items like tails to hang up, get pictures of animals, print out pictures of furries. I do all of the above and put them in my room.

Offline Sergalicious

• Species: northern sergal
  • I need some snuggs pretty bad now...
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 06:52:19 pm »
just act the part. but be careful not to push it onto people, that drives people away. at school furry jokes are told often ( usually at/about me) find other furs near you. do art stuffs. be active. if/when you can conventions. listen to podcasts, go on sites, etc. i tend to relate everything in one for or another so its kinda automatic for me.
I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts...
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline Yollim

• The pen is mightier than the sword.
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 10:23:08 pm »
just act the part. but be careful not to push it onto people, that drives people away. at school furry jokes are told often ( usually at/about me) find other furs near you. do art stuffs. be active. if/when you can conventions. listen to podcasts, go on sites, etc. i tend to relate everything in one for or another so its kinda automatic for me.

I would try to find other furs but I do not really know how I go about doing this. And the closest con is either a 6 hour drive or 2 hour flight. And I doubt my parents would take me XD.
Picture by T-Yoshi45

Offline Sergalicious

• Species: northern sergal
  • I need some snuggs pretty bad now...
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 12:11:30 am »

I would try to find other furs but I do not really know how I go about doing this. And the closest con is either a 6 hour drive or 2 hour flight. And I doubt my parents would take me XD.

Well for the finding other furs. There are multiple ways. Search for hints that another is a fur, a tail, an eared hat, anthro art, etc. or you can do what I did. Let them find you, this however requires gossip to be spread. I tell one friend, he tells another, etc until the entire robotics club knew. Then those conecteed but not in the club knew ( friends and such). Until eventually one found me. Then less than a month ago. He found another one and so we 3 encountered. Then I know of a possible 4th from info from a friend. So either hunt em down ( however they may hide it. Ya may need to show your involvement first) and if you let them find you they may not come to you ( scared they may be wrong) etc. so no guaranteed way but I've found 2 so far soooo...

As for cons. I've got one close but I can't go due to money. And to find others you can use IFPL or pounced to find local furs or groups. ( with a google search like : furry group Portland).
I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts...
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline BassCreator

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 05:21:36 pm »
Also for in your life, don't wear the stuff to school because of dress code issues, you might get into trouble, but wear it in public if u r comfortable, I'm making a tail soon. Fyi, if you want me to make you a tail, I'll tell you what it will cost total. I don't want any profit so you aren't giving ME any money, just money for supplies. And specify things like color and size if ur up for it. Also, send me a colored sketch of it so I am sure what to do for you. Pm me if you have any questions. I'm a beginner so it might take a while, but it will come when I finish. I promise it's gonna look great.

Offline ELKIN

• Chris and Cooper Elkin
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 04:57:32 am »
You could try to start a mini furry project. That really gets things going!
When my bf and I started our own, we had to look up, print, find and ask about furry art so we could make sure it benefited the project. ^^

Offline the lone shadow wolf

• Species: eurasion wolf with a little silver fox
  • dont mind me just telecomuting from the darkness
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 03:16:25 am »
i posted art in my room
and pinned a fox tail on my wall
but plan to

have a portrait of telephone
have a commission posted n my wall
but other then that still looking for more
I will see you all soon
in the future :goldgrin:

if you wish to find me elsewere look here
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theloneshadowwolf/

check out my latest art here V
http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-techniques-tutorials/the-lone-shadow-wolf-will-improve!/50/

Offline Madam Glitch

• Species: Dragon
  • The Madam of the Glitches
  • Female
    • DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 10:04:17 am »
You could put plushies around your room. I have a Kangaroo plushy that I got for free sitting on the table next to my bed, and various other plushies around my room. Animal figurines might help too I guess?
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are"
--Mewtwo

Offline Shivu

• Species: Wolf
  • The Blue Wolf
  • Male
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2015, 03:36:52 pm »
I agree with the others; pictures, plushies and so on :D
For a while I had a wolf-themed room so I had wolf bed sheets, posters and so forth; I painted a full moon around my ceiling light and then had plushies and a wolf-fur-like throw over my bed :3

If you really wanna go hardcore, there's pet beds and so forth you could sleep in :P May I also recommend the furry radio station Furocity Radio? They play rock music and stuff; it's a website where you listen to it live (like any old radio station) and they also have an app :D
Woof!
~Shivu The Wolf
Read my fursona's comic? :D http://sooty123.deviantart.com/gallery/38828689

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2015, 04:42:03 pm »
Locked due to gravedigging.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#