Author Topic: Being a furry in everyday life...  (Read 4769 times)

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
Being a furry in everyday life...
« on: February 18, 2015, 12:16:14 am »
I was just curious as to whether any of you feel that being a furry permeates into your everyday life at all? If so, how? If not, then also how? It can be in a positive way, or a negative way too.

For me I'm not quite sure at the moment, I'll probably need to give it some thought, I guess it made life for me a little bit more interesting, with going to my first Furmeet and hopefully a con next year. I definitely met people I probably never would have otherwise met, and I feel all the better for it ^_^
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 12:40:54 am by The bear guy »
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
Re: Being a furry in everyday life...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 02:29:44 am »
being a furry for me indirectly effects my offline life currently due to the relationship i formed with sciex. pretty much everyday im looking forward to when sciex comes online so that i can talk to him (spend a majority of my free/night time talking to him)

other than that there are only small things that relate back to being a furry (email, usernames, character in games, drawings, ect) it currently hasn't been a large difference in my life. tho for the future i do see being a furry as a slightly larger roll in my life due to fursuiting, conventions.

so finding the fandom has lead to me meeting Sciex leading to who i want to be with and the reason for my life, how i identify my self, and in the future will have some effect on things i do.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 08:54:09 am »
It doesn't affect my daily life at all.

I met Weisseman through a mutual friend, who despite being a furry I met through my university course - So I would have met him anyway. I don't go to cons or meets (done meets before, hated them, lost interest). I don't suit, most of my art and writing are robotics based rather than furry.

So... Yeah. No impact at all.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 11:59:41 am »
I have always enjoyed stories and cartoons/animated movies of anthropomorphic animals. 
So my furryness is mainly about the same things. In the real world I am pretty much the
average human. But when I am drawing writing I mentally become the furry characters in
my stories or drawings.  I think most of those that write/draw or do crafts are much the
same way.

Old Rabbit :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 11:33:24 am »
I am an engineering technician  and  a furry Otaku 24/7  even if I do show except though my Hello Kitty obsession.  I have a Hello Kitty wallet,  and backpack I carry around in public.

Work  is a sticky subject.  It depend on the work environment. I wonder one reason a contact ended  was I was too  weird and got some harassment for my Hello Kitty bag. As such I  tone things down, for example I have a larger plain backpack I put my  Hello Kitty  backpack into during the work week. I also have furry  / Sanrio  background on my work laptop.  I not into my cube  very often so I do not decorate it. I working a engineering environment where expression is not looked down on. I did  questioned  expressing my using  Furry and Hello Kitty to one of my bosses   (at a different place) years ago, she sad don't sweat it; engineers  are weird enough  as it is and I fit in.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 11:38:08 am by Acton »

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 01:27:00 am »
I have furry artwork at home (on the computer and a few pieces I still need to hang on the walls, oops), and I write plenty of furry stories, as I have done for a long time. I like the MLP side of things, so I guess that's the extent of my furry self in public (a MLP tee shirt or two).

A suit (partial) would be amazing, alas I lack the funds and the ideas for said suit.

I'd love to go to more cons/meet ups in the near future, but with work on the weekends in addition to during the week, it makes things tough! I am determined to do it again, though.

And that's how Equestria was made how I show my furry side!

Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 05:13:09 pm »
It's the RPing that brought me into this madhouse, and it's only further consumed me since i joined this site.

The "furry" part of it all isn't actually THAT crucial, more just a personal preference.  I dunno, maybe it's just that the people i've met here are fun to work with.

Regardless, not an aspect of my life that will be leaving in the foreseeable future.

Offline Oktek

• Species: Domestic cat
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 05:20:57 pm »
It only slightly affects my life. Only occasional meows or making cat noises to show emotions. I would like to do something more like that... Furryfication  :D
HAKUNA MATATA!

Offline Timberwuff

• Species: Grey Timberwolf
  • Just your everyday wolf
  • Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 11:54:25 pm »
So I was out shopping for some fursuit supplies today at a large chain craft store, and saw someone wearing a tail. I don't wear anything furry in public anymore, but I have to say it made me smile. :)
'      !
/ \_..._ / \   Follow me on Twitter!
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 |    .:.     | /\ 
 |   /:;:\  |`  /
 |   |:;:|  |_ -' 
 /   |'-' |  \   
`""`    `""`    (Wuff character by Winter)

Offline BlueStreak

• Species: Red Fox
  • Central Ohio's Original Fox
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 09:39:23 pm »
I keep a couple plushie foxes in my bedroom. Honestly, that's about it. I don't really let on about it much, just sneak intrigued glances at people I see in ears or a tail.