Author Topic: Awkward Furry Moments?  (Read 22871 times)

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
Re: Awkward Furry Moments?
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2014, 08:15:57 pm »
When find out your tail falls off your backpack and your girlfriends Dad calls you arguing with you gf. Over trying to. Throw it out
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline Wereaibo

• Species: Nightmarish animatronic animal
  • Straight from the Uncanny Valley
  • Male
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2014, 02:44:20 am »
I've accidently bitten people who have thought sneaking up on me and grabbing me from behind would be funny. I've also awoken from nightmares growling and biting whatever is nearby.
Many animals seem drawn to me. I've been followed by squirrels, kissed by camels, cuddled by prairie dogs, befriended by a cockatoo and a rat, and had to pet a hamster for a few minutes before he'd let me scoop out his cage ( he'd stand on the scooper and refuse to budge until he got pets ) at the pet store where I used to work.
You humans need to refine, alter, corral codify and measure things yes? Very well. I shall use your wristwatch to count out ten of your seconds. I suggest you use that time to run. For at the end of it I shall come for you and I will catch you and we shall measure the duration of your death... In screams.

Offline Maky

• Species: coquerel's sifaka (lemur)
« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2014, 01:08:12 pm »
I tend to talk to my pets alot my family thinks it is awkward.

I do that i talk to my dog and my mom makes fun of me all the time for it. I also talk to other animals like wild ones and i talk to my friends animals some of them think its funny and some jusr think i am weird  and most of them think that anyway.

Offline Timberwuff

• Species: Grey Timberwolf
  • Just your everyday wolf
  • Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2014, 12:11:21 am »
I do that i talk to my dog and my mom makes fun of me all the time for it.

I don't just talk to my dog, I sing songs about and to him. We have several, one for crossing the street, for a car ride, the dog park, and many general songs for any occasion.
I also constantly ask him what he smells when he stops to sniff. :D
'      !
/ \_..._ / \   Follow me on Twitter!
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 |    .:.     | /\ 
 |   /:;:\  |`  /
 |   |:;:|  |_ -' 
 /   |'-' |  \   
`""`    `""`    (Wuff character by Winter)

Offline Rainy

• Species: Rabbit
  • Looking for more than dreams.
  • Male
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2014, 07:53:01 am »
I tend to hold things in my mouth, it works when you have no room with your hands,Iget strnage looks sometimes

I also tend to shake my head and wipe water out of my hair with my wrist like an animal...caught myself doing it in a restaurant, looked around and ONE dude was staring at me...just ONE out of like fifty, we looked at each other  :o :o

He was across the room, I just subtley shook my head no and looked away...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 12:23:16 pm by Rainy »
No matter how bad the storm is, there's always a rainbow at the end.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2015, 10:54:35 pm »
Small child yanking my tail and me trying to see who did it.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Oktek

• Species: Domestic cat
  • Male
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2015, 08:12:44 am »
One day I was arguing with my mom. I started to hiss at her and she said "Don't hiss at me! Can't you talk?!". It was the only awkward furry moment I had... so far.
HAKUNA MATATA!

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2015, 09:13:29 am »
One day I was arguing with my mom. I started to hiss at her and she said "Don't hiss at me! Can't you talk?!". It was the only awkward furry moment I had... so far.
Well If I hear something moving in the bushes I instinctively hiss (except I don't do that now  because I know there is heaps of lizards there) -_- I did that in front of someone.

This is what happens if you live with a cat for a long time...

Offline the lone shadow wolf

• Species: eurasion wolf with a little silver fox
  • dont mind me just telecomuting from the darkness
  • Male
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2015, 05:08:38 am »
Well If I hear something moving in the bushes I instinctively hiss (except I don't do that now  because I know there is heaps of lizards there) -_- I did that in front of someone.

This is what happens if you live with a cat for a long time...

i hiss sometimes when i am enraged

other times im really alert to sounds
sometimes yap when surprised
I will see you all soon
in the future :goldgrin:

if you wish to find me elsewere look here
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theloneshadowwolf/

check out my latest art here V
http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-techniques-tutorials/the-lone-shadow-wolf-will-improve!/50/

Offline Shiru_Da_Koon

• Species: Werecoon
  • The wind can't blow without having a scent
  • Male
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2015, 01:38:23 am »
I love running around with no shoes on in the woods, climbing trees, I want to get my tail because I feel empty without it, I feel that a deep connection between the outdoors and being fast have a huge part in my life ( love being in woods and enjoying wildlife and driving fast), I love being the "spotlight" of dark areas and I love to make people laugh all these are traits of a Raccoon and the fact of being fast applies to the werewolf side... I still havent come out to my parents about it, though I think im going to wait until my contract with the army is up and get my ears and tail, however my long time best friend whom ive been skying with for 5 years now (might be a future GF) has accepted me for it and is very curious about it ;) haha anyways, im still getting confused looks from people when i grab a perfectly good sandwhich or bag of snacks left in the trash, and sometimes people look at me like im crazy when i find a good clean piece of candy on the floor and wipe it off and eat it. Then theres the moments when people frustrate me and I walk away and just stare of a bird or something and think about grabbing them by the wings and playing with them...Also I like to wear things that hide my face or identity like a "mask" you could say, such as shades, or hoodies, hats and etc...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 01:44:33 am by Shiru_Da_Koon »
With my Mother's Love and Wisdom and my Father's Strength and Discipline... This I Will Defend...

Offline Madam Glitch

• Species: Dragon
  • The Madam of the Glitches
  • Female
    • DeviantART
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2015, 08:49:31 pm »
Getting my tail closed in the car door. I was like, "my poor tail!!". Luckily there was no damage to it
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are"
--Mewtwo

Offline Aloneness

• Species: Hella Gay Wolf
  • Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2015, 12:09:40 pm »
Randomly using fur-speak in the work place, not that it matters to much where I'm at because most the people that work there know about the fandom (however aren't members of it).
Ren's Translation Note:
Konnichiwa = Hello, Nani = What?, Великий ведра огонь! = Great Buckets of Fire!

Avi by Haru

Offline wereaibo1

• Species: Robotic Dog
  • Bite my shiny metal tail!
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2015, 12:55:03 pm »
Inadvertently baring my teeth at someone during a heated argument. It nearly escalated the situation.
Meddle not in the affairs of robot dogs for you are crunchy and make an excellent fuel source.

Offline Bronx

• Species: Anthro red and grey wolf
  • I listen to too much music.
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2015, 05:34:17 pm »
Today, I was sitting with my friends at study hall (they don't know I'm a fur), and at the table we were at, our school's yearbook comitee had left behind yearbooks from other schools, so I started reading one. Almost immediately, I found a picture of their mascot, a wolf, in costume at a sports game. I got excited and asked what school it was from; someone replied, "It's Plano West, the Wolfpack." That sounded really awesome to me, and I began ranting about how our school's mascot should be something cool like a wolf and not what it currently is, and apparently I was talking really loud because the whole study hall stopped talking and listened. Eventually, one of my friends told me to chill, and I noticed that everyone was looking at me funny. That was the end that discussion ;)
www.youtube.com/craterwolf
Furry code: FCW3ad A- C- D H++ M- P+ R- T+++ W- Z- Sm- RLU a- cn++ e- f h* i++ p+ sm

Offline Halcali

• Species: Still thinking
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2015, 03:26:58 am »
When I told my mom I had a crush on a furry fictional character.
I love soup.

Offline Annie1456

• Species: An anthro husky named Pastel
  • Yellow Yellow!
  • Female
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2015, 09:39:03 am »
Every time sombody askes why I wear a collar... :P
-Annie or Pastel
-She/her
-Been here since 2015 but trying to be active again.

Offline Setsuna Damius

« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2015, 01:56:55 pm »
That hilarious moment your friend pokes fun at you with Furry Force.

Offline Bronx

• Species: Anthro red and grey wolf
  • I listen to too much music.
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2015, 11:06:23 pm »
Today in study hall, I was sitting with a girl and a tech-savvy guy (who don't know I'm a furry) in the comfy chairs in my school's commons. It was the last period of the day, and the girl remarked that the guy looked like cat sprawled in the chair. He said, "great. I'm a cat now. Actually, even worse, I'm a furry." Obviously, this made my ears perk up, and he continued by saying, "I don't know if either of you know what that is, but..." with me responding, "yeah, I have a pretty good idea ;)" He then started talking about how gross our art and suits and things are. I had to repress myself to keep from blurting out against him, but I was finally able to change the subject.
www.youtube.com/craterwolf
Furry code: FCW3ad A- C- D H++ M- P+ R- T+++ W- Z- Sm- RLU a- cn++ e- f h* i++ p+ sm

Offline Annie1456

• Species: An anthro husky named Pastel
  • Yellow Yellow!
  • Female
« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2015, 12:11:38 am »
My girl scout troop was hosting this costume day camp, so I went dress up as a dog, I bought cheap ears and a tail, but at the camp  the little girls kept trying to get me to fetch an imaginary stick. It was fine untill they started to pull my tail. I growled at one of them and she ran away crying... I was put on snack duty after that.
-Annie or Pastel
-She/her
-Been here since 2015 but trying to be active again.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2016, 06:26:53 pm »
Showed up in fursuit at a panel hosted by a furry artist lady during a sci-fi con. Went into my balancing-rocket-on-nose act to upstage her while seated at the back of the room. She came over to knock it off, but failed as it's a rather substantial model rocket. You might recognize the name as she is one of the few female fursuiters who performs in skits at the major cons.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Honey Bun

• Species: Bunny
  • Scurry Furry Fury!
  • Female
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2016, 02:11:37 am »
A lot of furry things I do aren't even related to my own sona species. >.>'

I do tend to hiss at people. I've started doing it with friends and people who have no idea about my furriness. And they're always like, "did you just hiss at me?" And I'm like, ".....yes." And that's usually the end of that.

I also wag my non-existent tail when I get excited. Which pretty much translates to that full-body wiggling thing that dogs with stub tails do. People don't call me out on that one as much though.

I shiver/shake like cats and dogs. I don't even mean to... it just kinda happens. And people are always like, "what the heck? Are you okay??"

Also, when I get angry, I get very wildcat like. I bare my teeth and stalk and pace and glare and all that jazz. I also lose my ability to talk (cuz I'm just too mad to speak. My body language makes much more sense to me when I'm angry). I lower my head and growl if someone gets too close, or I'll stand over them and give them the best ferocious "keep away" look I can.

My mom and I argue a lot, and one night she made me angry enough to be like that. She barged into my room (my territory) and every time I tried to non-verbally tell her to leave, she'd just get closer instead. Finally she was right next to me. She reached out and I slunk back, lowered my head, and did my best not to allow my lips to curl back.

And then my mom loudly goes, "are you on DRUGS???"

-_-
*hops away*

Offline Takanuva

• Species: Dragon
  • I like Bionicle and Dragons.
  • Male
    • Takanuva-Toa-Of-Light
« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2016, 10:12:46 pm »
I tend to get very loud, angry, and roary whenever I get mad. I also have a tendency to use violence a lot when I'm angry, which isn't good. I've left holes in drywall, hit people, and hurt myself punching and hitting things too hard. It's not something to be proud of, but it is a few traits I tend to share with my fursona Mahao. I also tend to yell, scream, roar, and shout a lot.

Offline x_Sekaitta_x

• Species: Lupine/Vulpine/Feline Hybrid
  • I like cats.
« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2016, 12:10:15 am »
As for me, I have a weird habit of hissing at people, along when when I hurt myself.  I also like to eat tuna for some reason, along with other fish, and I meow back at my cat whenever she meows at me.
Sekaitta the Saber, Coming through!