Author Topic: The 2017 Christmas thread.  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
The 2017 Christmas thread.
« on: December 22, 2017, 02:27:44 pm »
Here's a thread to discuss 2017 Christmas and/or New Year's. Feel free to discuss what you got for Christmas, what you gave others for Christmas, travel plans, or anything else holiday related. :)

As for myself, just visiting my mom and grandmother on Sunday and Monday. Having the main Christmas dinner on Monday. All I really asked for Christmas was just gift cards. Got the same for my mom. Though I did get a new winter coat back during Thanksgiving as an early Christmas gift. :)

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: The 2017 Christmas thread.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 02:47:55 pm »
Spending it this year with Weisseman's family. My parents came by a few days ago to say hello, and I'll call them up on the day. But they do very small, quiet Christmases (which is what I prefer) and Weisse's lot does larger, more "typical" Christmases. My parents prefer to stay to their home to do their own thing.

Mostly got people gift cards because I am poor and most people I know, when asked "what would you like" say "I dunno".
Obviously can't say what I got Weisse.
Go the lady I do volunteer work for some flowers to grow when the weather cheers up, I know she likes colourful things. She gave me a significantly large Christmas bonus that was enough to pay off some bills and then some.

Not expecting anything this year, never really do. I have as little to do with Christmas as possible.

-----

New Years, Weisse's best friend has invited himself, his wife, and another couple we are friends with around to our house. Which Weisse and I are both okay with, before people get huffy about that. So we'll be getting some stuff in and having a triple date night.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 08:43:30 pm »
This year has found me behind in the decorations. Still haven't got the main tree up. That usually takes 8+ hours. Do have the village up. And both the three and six foot fake feather trees.  Still have some bread and buns to make. And lots, and lots of cookies. Will spend most of Sat and Sunday baking. And eating. : ) It's just my mom, brother and myself. All the family I have. They'll be over Christmas day. I'll have the turkey and all the fixens cooked by the time they get here. We'll eat, open things and watch lots of TV.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 10:23:04 pm »
As for New Year's, I'm not doing anything special or going anyplace. I don't feel like being out and about with all the other drunken idiots.  >:( So I plan to stay home and work on a model or two, and also watch some Doctor Who.

Oh, and another thing.........

Come on down to Kobuk's Coffeehouse & Cafe the 23rd and 24th. We've got a special going: Buy any fresh baked bakery item (Danish, Doughnut, Muffin, Bagel, Cookie, etc.) and get one free cup of either Hot Chocolate or Hot Apple Cider. :)  :D

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 10:16:15 pm »
I'm one to stay home for news years as well. Always watch the Times Square special. If I'm up I'll catch the Rose Bowl Parade new years day.

It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2017, 12:10:06 am »
This year I am staying home for Christmas by myself . I go to wok on 27 Dec and cannot afford  to go home or take days off unpaid.  Mom is not  too happy about it but I got  tired of lying that all things are OK and spend   money I do not have to go home  for Christmas. Last yea that $100 could had gone for food.  Also I was almost homeless and ( two days  before the eviction process  started I got a job) and  was suicidal. I had to  put my foot down this year and lean to say no.

This dose not mean I do no celibate the holiday, I dis scratch up $24.00 for a roast and even put up a tree. tomorrow I will binge some anime movies.
Funimation is streaming  the Mamoru Hosoda" collection, I never saw Wolf Children.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 02:39:45 pm by Acton »

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2017, 10:31:54 am »
Merry Christmas! :D
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2017, 01:11:51 pm »
I got a new Router, and a convertable laptop. The big
touch screen will help me use the computer with my
poor vision. I also got a fire stick from Amazon. Nice
thing about it is it tells me with speech what's on the
TV screen so I can find programs I like. Also I can just
say play a show and moments later it's playing.

With my vision getting worse I have been trying to
get devices that talk and respond to voice command.

I got a bunch of candy too. Probably need to go
on a diet after the first of the year.  :D
oldrabbit.com

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2017, 08:52:07 pm »
Attended two different holiday potluck dinners. Sang good & loud at church on Christmas Eve. Polish breakfast at Mom's on Christmas morning. Drove through a lake-effect snow squall to get there. My sister showed up moments later. My younger brother and his wife turn up after sis leaves. I depart with leftover coffee cake, pie, ham, and sausage then head to another brother's house to leave my nephew/godson's gift. He was home from Ohio and we exchanged gifts. Talked for an hour or so and told him about AnthrOhio being in his new hometown. My nephew seemed interested. Won eleven bucks on instant lottery tickets. Received several gift cards for gas/groceries and restaurants.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2017, 11:34:55 am »
Just asked for gift cards for Christmas and that's exactly what I got: Cards to Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Kohls. Already used the Walmart card for groceries. Also got a new winter coat back during Thanksgiving as an early Xmas gift. :)