Author Topic: Lost In The Mail  (Read 2466 times)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
Lost In The Mail
« on: December 04, 2021, 12:28:57 pm »
The US Postal Service is model for the world, but sometimes things go awry. Ever have something important fail to get delivered?

Me--My first car payment to GMAC Financing never reached their office, and it was mailed at the main branch of the post office in the same town!
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
Re: Lost In The Mail
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 01:20:31 pm »
USPS delivered 2 packages to me in one week.  They came from British Columbia and Florida.  Far away since I live in Colorado.
Yet, for some reason my mortgage payments are habitually delayed by 2 weeks!?!?!  I have come close to being "late" on payment because of it.  And my mortgage company is not that far away.

But to have something not delivered in the same town is very strange.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2021, 08:33:30 am »
Mailed my water bill payment at a PO in the same county as the water department. They never got it and my water was almost shut off.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Storm Fox

• The great Myrsky Kettu!
  • Species: Red Fox
  • 'Makes random fox noises'
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2021, 11:42:48 pm »
I don't send much in the mail, but have received some oddities. The most ridiculous was a letter the made it to my mailbox with the wrong street, town, state, and country.
FCF6adsw A+ C- D H M- P R++ T+++ W Z Sm# RLCT a+ cn++ d e* f h+ i+++ j++ p+ sm#

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 12:38:24 pm »
I had one package go from the east coast to the west 5 times before it finally arrived here in mid MO. Not quite as bad as missing payments. I do have to take my mail to the boxes outside the post office in town. If I leave them my mail box the post workers don't pick them up.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2022, 10:01:58 am »
Watch out for incredible deals on postal stamps. These are usually counterfeit stamps printed in China. The fake stamps won't glow under a UV light. Knowingly using a counterfeit stamp can get one fined or imprisoned.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2022, 05:40:41 pm »
Watch out for incredible deals on postal stamps. These are usually counterfeit stamps printed in China. The fake stamps won't glow under a UV light. Knowingly using a counterfeit stamp can get one fined or imprisoned.
Is it short wave, medium wave or long wave light?  I will have to try this.
I go to USPS kiosk and buy stamps.... the machine jammed, and did not print all 10 of my card but did print 6.  I did not get charged for any of them...and I remember ripping the paper out of the machine with the printed ones on it. I guess I can't use them now.

(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2022, 02:21:40 pm »
Is it short wave, medium wave or long wave light?  I will have to try this.
I go to USPS kiosk and buy stamps.... the machine jammed, and did not print all 10 of my card but did print 6.  I did not get charged for any of them...and I remember ripping the paper out of the machine with the printed ones on it. I guess I can't use them now.

The reporter did not elaborate.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2022, 04:56:49 pm »
Well i suspect mail delivery will be a lot more difficult here because our post office was nearly burned down!  :o

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/local-releases/ca/2022/0222-niland-po-temporarily-closed.htm
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2022, 02:40:10 am »
Not so much lost as refused to deliver but my silicone werepup Freddy.
I have him now but yeah.. USPS sucks!

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2022, 11:05:53 am »
My godson in Ohio moves around quite a bit. He never seems to fill out the forms to have mail forwarded. So I cannot send him gift cards with any hope of them getting delivered.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2023, 02:00:26 am »
Not really lost. Just heavily delayed. Made an order on Amazon. Then I get a message that part of the order wont be here until the end of next month. It's not being shipped from over seas. It's manufactured and coming from California.  >:(
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2023, 08:59:00 pm »
Sent my sister a check in her birthday card.  She got it one month later.
Not lost, but really late.
I should have ridden my mountain bike to her house 120 miles away,  would have been faster.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Simo

• Species: Dolphin, Kitsune, Otter
  • Male
    • http://www.furrydolphin.net
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2023, 03:18:14 am »

Me--My first car payment to GMAC Financing never reached their office, and it was mailed at the main branch of the post office in the same town!

Same thing happened to me. Mailed in a car payment, but who knows where it went? Had the bank cancel the check, and I've been making all the payments online.
<span style='color:blue'>You don't know where you're going until you know where you've been:</span>
ICYI:
FCtD5afmsw/CF[Kitsune]mps4wcfmw/MOs4fmw A--- C++ D+++ H+ M- P R+ T- W>++ Z Sm# RLE a++++>100 cl++ d-- e+++ f+ h+ iwf+++ j+ p->+ s#

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2023, 09:18:48 pm »
GMAC is the worst I've ever dealt with. They send my monthly payment slips four or five days before the due date. So i contacted them. They said the date on the slip isn't important. As long as they get it on time. So I've been sending last months slips with this months payments.

My ink cartridges came it today. Two days ahead of schedule. Came wrong. Not what I ordered.