Author Topic: The Jan 6th Coup Failure  (Read 2266 times)

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
The Jan 6th Coup Failure
« on: January 06, 2022, 10:16:11 pm »
It's been a year now and I'm curious what everyone thinks of the failed coup d'etat that happened on the American Capitol building.

Personally i am still very angry that this event occurred at all and I'm even more angry at the GOP's attempts to spin it as nothing more than peaceful tourists.

Note: I'm not asking for a debate about the event, just what people feel about it. American or not.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
Re: The Jan 6th Coup Failure
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 09:03:44 pm »
I feel it is one step closer to America becoming like some corrupt countries are now.  It fills me with bad feelings.  I watched the news reels in horror.
I have a friend who came to America from Vietnam in the 1970's as a "boat-person" (his words).
He loves this country and is so sad to see it get this corrupt and scary like the place he fled.

The process that was in place to vote in Trump was same process that voted in Biden.  The process works, nothing is perfect.  Some times you win, some you lose.  But there is always a chance to be heard, or is supposed to be that way.  So when that place got broken into, it meant to me that people were throwing away the process and doing WHATEVER they wanted to.  Why do they get to do that?  I do not like my neighbor a whole lot, but we live next to each other.  We should be civilized.

It (the process of electing a new president) is all we have, and we have rules to make it fair for all as much as can be.
Nothing needs to be changed except more security is needed.

Did anyone hear what Reality Winner?
Although not perfect herself, one thing she did was to show people the following...

From Wikipedia - "The Intercept report described Russian military attempts to interfere with the 2016 presidential election by hacking a U.S. voting software supplier and by sending spear-phishing emails to more than 100 local election officials just days before the November 8 election.[35] The story was based upon a top secret May 5, 2017, National Security Agency (NSA) document leaked to them anonymously."

So yeah, someone was trying to alter the election, but it was outside of America.  Why can't we focus on that fact?  Also the report does not say if the outside influence was to push the vote one way or another (democrat vs republican), it just mentions attacks on the system.

I bring this up because that attack on Jan 6th was because people believed the election was stolen.
If it weren't for this info leak, the election might have been stolen, by a foreign country who does not like America.  But as it was, the leaked info caused people to tighten security.

I do not care if I never get to walk into the capitol building, so long as it functions well.  So put up all the walls, firewalls, and guards you need.  Just ensure our system works and does not get influenced by hostile countries.

If the people lose faith in the system of government, a whole lot will tumble down.  This needs to be remembered.  And therefore i think a severe punishment needs to be carried out on all who attempted to break in.  Need to show our country has laws and is still stable.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 08:38:22 pm »
I'm curious as to why the FBI honcho grilled on Capitol Hill this week could not answer whether or not FBI agents or confidential informants played any role in the event.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 10:40:48 pm »
I don't like society as a whole but even I wouldn't storm the capital building. Live and let live as they say until someone needs to learn the saying "An eye for an eye" Let the punishment fit the crime. If your insane enough to to storm the capital building then maybe you should be locked away.

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2022, 12:41:04 am »
It's like trump's entire presidency. It's just another failure.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2022, 08:08:00 pm »
Jan. 6, 2021 may only have been a "test run" in preparation for Jan. 6, 2025.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2022, 09:35:33 am »
Why did the DC mayor and Speaker of The House Pelosi both turn down offers to bring in National Guard troops? Who is Ray Epps, why was he removed from the FBI's Most Wanted list, and why was he in DC that day?
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Simo

• Species: Dolphin, Kitsune, Otter
  • Male
    • http://www.furrydolphin.net
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2022, 08:36:54 pm »
Note: I'm not asking for a debate about the event, just what people feel about it. American or not.
I feel nothing about that whole sorry clustercuss. Long before Jan 6, I said that nothing good could come if Trump supporters went to 'DC. It was obvious that it was over, done, stick a fork in it: Trump lost. end of story. He did it to himself when he ruined the best economy of a lifetime with the March 13, 2020 "lock-down". By July, 2020 at the very latest he should have called the fakedemic off, told everyone to get back to work, school, our lives. He would have won easily. He didn't and he didn't. Joe Biden won, and for better or worse, we're stuck with him until 2025.

"Why did the DC mayor and Speaker of The House Pelosi both turn down offers to bring in National Guard troops? Who is Ray Epps, why was he removed from the FBI's Most Wanted list, and why was he in DC that day?"

Good questions: inquiring minds want to know.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 08:39:32 pm by Simo »
<span style='color:blue'>You don't know where you're going until you know where you've been:</span>
ICYI:
FCtD5afmsw/CF[Kitsune]mps4wcfmw/MOs4fmw A--- C++ D+++ H+ M- P R+ T- W>++ Z Sm# RLE a++++>100 cl++ d-- e+++ f+ h+ iwf+++ j+ p->+ s#

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2022, 09:46:09 am »
It was all fun and games when a violent mob attacked the WH in 2016 and the President was rushed to the bunker. Several Secret Service agents hurt. We know of no one thrown into solitary confinement. News commentators having a good laugh in the bargain. My how times have changed.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Simo

• Species: Dolphin, Kitsune, Otter
  • Male
    • http://www.furrydolphin.net
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2022, 05:23:43 am »
It was all fun and games when a violent mob attacked the WH in 2016 and the President was rushed to the bunker. Several Secret Service agents hurt. We know of no one thrown into solitary confinement. News commentators having a good laugh in the bargain. My how times have changed.
But... but... but... they were resisting Orange Man Bad. Anything's OK just so long as a Democrat does it.
<span style='color:blue'>You don't know where you're going until you know where you've been:</span>
ICYI:
FCtD5afmsw/CF[Kitsune]mps4wcfmw/MOs4fmw A--- C++ D+++ H+ M- P R+ T- W>++ Z Sm# RLE a++++>100 cl++ d-- e+++ f+ h+ iwf+++ j+ p->+ s#