general furry discussion > furries on furry

your most hated thing about furry.

<< < (40/40)

Axelfox:

--- Quote from: Acton on October 21, 2016, 03:56:37 pm ---One big issue I dislike about furry and try to change  is how  furries  deal with  the younger and older members  outside the demographic. We had  and incident  at anther fur group shunning  and insulting and elderly member. Then I feel general (not   specifically adult  like meting at a bar) furcons  should serve the whole community. I do not by banning under 18 reason about insurance but    lack  of social skill of  20 - 30 somthings  leaders  to deal with those outside the peer group. For  me a  a Christian is  an 18+ 21+ con is usually a red flag to stay away. My only  only experience  with  18+ multi genre  convention is people getting drunk and acting  immoral is they want to. The idea of  adult does not mean acting as a mature  adult.

If I was  running a con my policy is  leaders  will serve the  community, young and old  or get out and if you do not like kids ruining around then I can suggest stay home of find a bar.

--- End quote ---

I agree. Many furs when they get interviewed by certain media go about how furry is welcoming. But to who? Seems old furs like me seem to be ignored by the younger furs who don't talk to me and only seem to stick to themselves.

Jade Sinapu:

--- Quote from: Axelfox on June 19, 2018, 02:23:28 am ---
--- Quote from: Acton on October 21, 2016, 03:56:37 pm ---One big issue I dislike about furry and try to change  is how  furries  deal with  the younger and older members  outside the demographic. We had  and incident  at anther fur group shunning  and insulting and elderly member. Then I feel general (not   specifically adult  like meting at a bar) furcons  should serve the whole community. I do not by banning under 18 reason about insurance but    lack  of social skill of  20 - 30 somthings  leaders  to deal with those outside the peer group. For  me a  a Christian is  an 18+ 21+ con is usually a red flag to stay away. My only  only experience  with  18+ multi genre  convention is people getting drunk and acting  immoral is they want to. The idea of  adult does not mean acting as a mature  adult.

If I was  running a con my policy is  leaders  will serve the  community, young and old  or get out and if you do not like kids ruining around then I can suggest stay home of find a bar.

--- End quote ---

I agree. Many furs when they get interviewed by certain media go about how furry is welcoming. But to who? Seems old furs like me seem to be ignored by the younger furs who don't talk to me and only seem to stick to themselves.

--- End quote ---

I, as a new furry who's already getting grey, realize that the older ones are the ones who make it possible for me to enjoy the fandom.  I personally would interact with anyone, if they wanted.  :)

Loc:
This topic has been locked due to gravedigging.
Please feel free to make a new thread to continue discussion :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version