general furry discussion > furry lite

Ready for the babies

<< < (2/3) > >>

Humbajoe:
We took care of some baby rabbits once, but I think that's about it.

Savaaha:
Quote (Lobar Shadowtail @ Aug. 11 2004, 12:37 pm)Quote (Savaaha @ Aug. 11 2004, 11:15 am)Now to just wait to get the babies. Squirrels that is, Fox, Greys and/or Flying. We have said we would take 6-8.
Make sure you post pics!

Can't say I've ever raised orphaned animals, but I would like to.  If it wasn't for my allergies, that is.
I will Lobar, you can be sure of that.

Kamui:
Pics would be cool. As for myself, I've helped a crow and a sparrow. I tend more to animals people get and end up not being able to take care of (how I've gotten most of my reptiles).

KiyoshiAkita:
I can't even count how many orphan animals have been in my house...rabbits, birds, squirrels, more rabbits, two cats...oh, and did I mention birds.....my mom takes in all kinds of orphaned or wounded animals......alot of people have joked about my house looking like a zoo...

Shana-chan:
This is my favorite subject, if only because I get to talk about my baby (my mom got to keep her when I moved to NH).

During the summer before my senior year of high school, my friend had called me and said that she had a baby kitten that was orphaned and needed someone to take care of it. She was a beautiful little black kitten, between 1 and 2 weeks old. So for three weeks I took care of her and cuddled with her. There was one day where she wouldn't go to sleep in her "crib", and I finally picked her up and cuddled with her, and she fell asleep on my chest (I ended up falling asleep too).

She was such a cutey-pie. And she was so familiarized with humans that she'd actually pucker her lips when you made a kissy-noise.

When she was in her 'teenage' weeks, I'd get home from school and sit in the chair, and she'd instantly hop up into my lap, grab my cheek with her paw, and give me a kiss. o.o She was freaking adorable! I miss her soooo much.. I only left her with my parents because they had another kitten which was very attached to Rika (my orphan kitty). I'd be very willing to take care of another baby, but it's hard to find the time to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version