Author Topic: My pet is addicted to ___  (Read 29632 times)

Offline Mooshi

My pet is addicted to ___
« on: October 02, 2010, 01:49:38 pm »
I know vets say our pets shouldn't have certain foods, but who are we kidding? Many of us give our pets something that shouldn't be eating on the side as a special treat. (Don't feed your pets chocolate, though. That is really bad. :P)

What are some human foods your pets are in love with? My cat is addicted to pork rinds. o.o All started when my cat was still young and my grandfather left a bag of pork skins open while watching the game on tv. The doofus stuck her head in the bag, stole one and has been an addict ever since. 

Offline Scrimno

• 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.
  • Male
    • Scrimno's FA
Re: My pet is addicted to ___
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 02:19:26 pm »
I have a Pug dog. As a breed, they are addicted to food.
Join Return of the Werewolf with me! I'm looking for more players! Go to http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php/topic,40266.0.html

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Holder of the Cookie Jar!
  • Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 05:34:03 pm »
My cat is addicted to attention. Seriously. Just like his papa <3 haha
But overall she's a nice kitty and not too much into anything.
I ate a bag of grapes and now I own the world.

Offline Kr2i

• Male
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 11:57:09 pm »
My dog is addicted to sticks instead of just catching them when throw one she'll eat it as well
Xboxlive: idk1394
PSN: turkey_bone1234

Add me if you want to

Offline Scrimno

• 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.
  • Male
    • Scrimno's FA
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 01:57:48 am »
I used to have a dog that was addicted to rocks. Big, melon sized ones. She would excavate the yard searching for them.
Join Return of the Werewolf with me! I'm looking for more players! Go to http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php/topic,40266.0.html

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 02:12:42 am »
My dog is addicted to sticks instead of just catching them when throw one she'll eat it as well

My Sheltie's like that.  Except, he prefers to eat tennis balls.  And socks.  And basically any fabric he can get his teeth on.  And drywall...

Growing up, though, I had a cat who loved poppy seed cake above all else.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 02:29:24 am »
Mmm.

my Mother's cat likes plain bagels.

Offline Cimarron

• A Little Inappropriate
  • Male
    • My FurAffinity
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 10:23:58 am »
My dog is addicted to bread.  Whenever she hears the crinkling of the bread bag opening, she wakes up from a dead sleep and runs over.  Im pretty good about not giving her "people food" but she does occasionally get her slice of bread. She is also addicted to plushies.  I have a furry friend staying with me this weekend and he said... dude... your dog is totally a furry!  She carries a plushie around everywhere, even takes it to bed and sleeps with it!  She also wears her tail 24/7... :P
Dont fursecute me yo!

Offline Bai

• Female
    • My Furaffinity
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 03:34:30 pm »
One of my cats is actually addicted to purple straws. Not eating them, but she goes crazy over them, and will fetch and bring them back for you, like a dog. Its mad.

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 09:13:44 pm »
One of my cats is actually addicted to purple straws. Not eating them, but she goes crazy over them, and will fetch and bring them back for you, like a dog. Its mad.
OR fun! You could tape it and make her famous! X3
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 08:55:16 pm by Serra Belvoule »

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 10:31:20 pm »

http://whatever.scalzi.com/2006/09/13/clearly-you-people-thought-i-was-kidding/

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Mooshi

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2010, 11:17:17 pm »
Oh god I lol'd hard. Bacon also happens to be another thing my cat is obsessed with..no, I dont tape it to her. :P

Offline Bai

• Female
    • My Furaffinity
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 05:42:43 am »

Haha, well she's with my mum and I am about 200 miles away but I'll see if my mum can get her purple straws out (she has a big tub of loads of new ones in case she loses the ones she has lying around - which she frequently does) :P

Offline Lynk

• Male
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 09:00:33 am »
My cat is addicted to anything edible. Anything and everything that she can eat, she eats, and she eats a lot of it. We have to lock her one one of the bedrooms when we eat, or she tries to jump on the table... It's crazy. She's eaten everything from salads to butternut squash.

Offline Bai

• Female
    • My Furaffinity
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 09:42:17 am »
My cats in general love cheese :P

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2010, 08:55:45 pm »
My cats in general love cheese :P
Maybe it reminds it of milk :3

Offline Mooshi

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2010, 09:21:14 pm »
Same here, Bai. She also likes eggs and ewww...do not hug that cat after she eats eggs. Bad gas. :o

Offline Murkrow

• my second fursona is a Spore Creature! 8D BIRGEE!
  • Female
    • Murkrows Deviantart
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 12:25:24 am »
my dogs love Chicken. cant get enough of those chicken jerkey strips. too bad it was makin them sick.

one of my dogs LOVES bread. its cute seeing him eating a piece.  :D
"If we could sit together a moment and talk forever just to pass the time, I would smile as the shivers and chills run down my spine when your eyes are locked on mine. Oh we'll fill the metro skies with country air, and when you close your tired eyes, I'll meet you there.

I'll meet you there." ~ Owl City

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2010, 01:52:29 pm »
Well, at the moment I'd just like my dog to eat something. He's obviously still not himself since the last couple weeks. Well, he won't eat his food at the very least. Completely ignores his dry food. Tried canned food, which worked for a while, but he won't eat that now. A neighbor suggested getting Bil Jac dog food from the grocery. He ate that for a day or so, and won't eat it now.

But he -will- eat any people food we try to give him, just about. He's had bread, half a peanut butter sandwich, part of a hot dog, even a small piece of a pickle. So he's hungry, he's just not interested in any of his food anymore...

The one thing that he's always enjoyed eating though, is cardboard. He doesn't just tear it to bits, he actually eats the majority of it. He gets paper towel or toilet paper rolls the most (sometimes he digs into the bathroom trash bins for toilet paper tubes...). But he absolutely loves christmas, when he'll get a wrapping paper tube.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Sigurd Volsung

• Male
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2010, 03:46:29 am »
Both of our cats are addicted to popcorn even if it doesn't have butter. They just sit under the coffee table while my wife and I watch TV and beg for popcorn. We just don't have the hearts to resist giving them a few pieces.
Spit and bailing wire hold my mind together.
Translation: I need a hug

Offline Hoagiebot

• Species: Thinking Machines Corporation CM-5/1056
  • Analyzing MLP w/ 135-GFLOPS of raw computing power
  • Male
    • Project Destiny Studios
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2010, 05:12:48 am »
One of my family's cats is addicted to ice water.  He gets extremely excited every time someone uses our refrigerator's ice maker, and he always expects us to put new ice in his water bowl every time that we do.  He will also go to great lengths to drink out of any person's glass with ice water in it that he can find, whether you were done with it or not!  :)  The funniest thing though is that once he is successful at obtaining his ice water he becomes so happy that he kneads the ground with his front paws while he drinks it!

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2010, 11:20:09 am »
Hoagiebot... do you put any funny things in your ice? X3

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2010, 03:55:40 pm »
One of my family's cats is addicted to ice water.  He gets extremely excited every time someone uses our refrigerator's ice maker, and he always expects us to put new ice in his water bowl every time that we do.  He will also go to great lengths to drink out of any person's glass with ice water in it that he can find, whether you were done with it or not!  :)  The funniest thing though is that once he is successful at obtaining his ice water he becomes so happy that he kneads the ground with his front paws while he drinks it!

My first Sheltie loved ice!  We'd give him an ice cube in his water bowl sometimes, and he'd dance about barking at it and swishing his tail.

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2010, 06:05:40 pm »
Our dog went through an ice phase, too. We'd drop one or two in his water bowl, and he'd actually pull them out and eat them. It's kinda funny watching dogs bob for ice cubes. They make sure to breathe out through their noses when they go for it, and you get a bunch of bubbles in the water.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2010, 10:29:31 pm »
Same here, Bai. She also likes eggs and ewww...do not hug that cat after she eats eggs. Bad gas. :o
I thought it was a dog thing >>;
I'll remember that, though...