Author Topic: Trump the GOP and Democrats. A new path or more of the same.  (Read 120060 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Trump the GOP and Democrats. A new path or more of the same.
« Reply #1875 on: May 23, 2021, 10:46:04 am »
A few articles for today:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/23/politics/republicans-extremists-worse-than-2012/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/23/politics/trump-big-lie-impact/index.html

I think we can all pretty much agree that the GOP is dead in America. It no longer cares about the American people or taking care of legislative business on Capitol Hill. It's only concerns right now seem to be spreading more lies and falsehoods about the 2020 election, downplaying the Jan.6 insurrection, and self preserving their own careers at the expense of everything else. The GOP truly is a joke in this country.  :P And there seems to be nothing that Mitch or other Repubs who stood up to Trump, are doing to "correct" the wayward activities of their party. The GOP has now truly become the conspiracy party of America. Nothing else matters to them. Sad.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1876 on: May 23, 2021, 01:00:29 pm »

If the GOP retake the house and the senate, little will be done, especially if Trump
doesn't want it. The GOP and Trump want the U S to be the land for the rich, and
only the rich. They claim they want to help people get jobs, but that is all. The amount
of pay or benefits should be left up to the employer in their opinion. We know  most
employers, people who put profit ahead of workers generally pay as little as they can
and few if any benefits. This is why most workers like Unions, because organized labor
helps prevents big business from taking advantage of workers.

It seems many people who support the GOP, who do so apparently think the GOP will
protect their civil rights better than Democrats. Of course many expect the GOP to
stop abortion, and other things they consider sinful, or just wrong. It's sad when
people wish to  put their personal beliefs above the rights and needs of others.

Unfortunately the GOP wish to use the ignorance of many people to gain votes.
Instead of educating them. Education that could prevent much of the violence we see
across the nation.  Also many mentally ill people go without treatment because  they
are unable to afford the treatment and medicine that could help them. Yet the GOP doesn't want to provide health care for all, because they might have to increase taxes
on their rich supporters. Supporters that help pay for their re-election.

The January 6 commission  vote in the Senate will likely be up against a
filibuster. Apparently because Trump doesn't want it, and we know the GOP is under
his thumb. Then of course the GOP want the January riot to be forgotten. They  fear
the news coverage of a official investigation could cost them support in 2022.
In spite of this, the speaker of the house may setup their own investigation anyway. We
can be sure the GOP and Trump will call it a witch-hunt by the Democrats.

We need a commission to setup protections against a future  attack on our
government. The FBI is already seeing plans of future attacks by extremest against
the government. While another riot against the capital isn't likely. People could cause
disruption's with bombs, and sniper attacks against government officials.

The infrastructure  bill the GOP would agree with would be a joke compared to the
presidents bill. President Biden wants a bipartisan vote, but the GOP is saying
it's their way or no way. It's likely the only way will require a partisan vote because  the
GOP want to stall and argue with the hope to win back control in 2022.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1877 on: May 27, 2021, 01:14:03 pm »

The GOP apparently plan to call for using funds voted for use by Biden's rescue  bill
to pay for added infrastructure spending. It seems the GOP will do anything to avoid
raising taxes on their rich supporters.

The GOP continue to support the lie that  the election was stolen from Trump. There
is no evidence to support this lie, yet many GOP politicians across the nation refuse
to stand up to Trump and call his lie a lie.  This is likely why they don't support the
bipartisan commission to investigate the January 6 riot at the U S capital. Apparently
Trump doesn't want this investigation, so his GOP lackys are still kissing his back
side with their support, and have no plan to vote for the creation of this commission.

Trump continues to complain about the Newyork investigation of his past
activities that involve himself and businesses there. Calling them a unfair witch hunt.
Isn't  it interesting that each time he is accused of criminal activity it's always a unfair
witch hunt. he apparently thinks he should be above the law, and suspicion. just
like most people accused of crimes.

It's time people like Trump find out that  they like the rest of us are not above the law.
This includes politicians, even if they don't think so.  Seem people who have money
feel they should get special treatment.  Just like spoiled kids.

Seems gun violence is increasing across the nation. While laws do little to prevent 
shootings, something needs to be done. It's time the GOP do more than make
excuses when bills are introduced to deal with gun violence. Much of this violence
is related to mental illness, or frustration. If we continue to ignore the needs of people
these troubles will continue.

Even though the GOP claim people need guns for protection, but  few shooters are
stopped by civilians. The average person is going to hide from a shooter instead of
confronting them. Texas just passed a law to allow unlicensed people to carry firearms,
and no training in the safe use of them. This might be popular with their voter base, but will just add to gun violence, and accidents  due to the miss handling of guns.                                             
It's unfortunate, but some people have no business carrying firearms. Some people seem to be unable to  control their temper, and will try to settle an argument with a gun.
Then many irresponsible  gun owners will leave a loaded firearm laying where  a child
can get a hold of it.  A child  often see firearms as they would a toy, and end up
causing serious injury or death to others or them selves. This is why training in the 
use and care of a firearm should be required. As with the  use and care of a motor
vehicle, the misuse of a firearm should be a crime.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1878 on: May 28, 2021, 01:47:11 pm »
It's official. Repubtards in the Senate just killed the bill to have a Commission on the Jan.6th insurrection.  :(
Only 6 Repubs voted for the bill. But it still wasn't enough.
This just goes to show that Repubs care nothing for truth, justice, and democracy. They only care about Trump and the Big Lie he spreads. And they also only care about furthering their own political careers since the midterms are coming up next year.

Republicans don't care about the Truth.
Republicans don't care about Justice.
Republicans don't care about Democracy.
Republicans don't care about the American people.

Republicans only care about themselves.

Republicans are a bunch of cowards.
:goldpissed:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/28/politics/senators-didnt-vote-january-6-commission/index.html
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/05/28/senate-vote-january-6-commission-bill-john-king-ip-sot-vpx.cnn
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/capitol-riot-senate-vote-05-28-21/h_9e406cc46185b9072a24cf3780d33f7e
https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/28/opinions/republican-jan-6-commission-democrats-hardball-avlon/index.html

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #1879 on: May 28, 2021, 02:39:05 pm »
The law and the truth. If a judge gets a speeding ticket that judge can't be the judge at his own trial. The republican party has stated truthfully that there needs to be a comity and full investigation. But not from them. Why? Because they know the law. And they know if they are guilty then they can't deliberate their own trial. So in truth what just happened was nothing more than politics. The democrats know the law too. They just rubbed the law into the republican party's faces. This vote by the republicans can and should be used to prove aiding and abetting by fellow party members. It's also a very public admission of guilt.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1880 on: May 30, 2021, 06:52:06 pm »
Texas must really have a hardon to prevent people from voting in their state. I guess they don't want any "Yankees" from polluting their southern ballot boxes.  >:( I guess they'll lie and cheat in whatever way they can to make sure Texas stays Republican now and forever, as well as making sure Republicans stay in the House, Senate, and especially the White House.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/30/opinions/texas-ominous-voter-suppression-obeidallah/index.html?iid=deanobeidallah

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/30/politics/hakeem-jeffries-texas-voting-bill-cnntv/index.html

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #1881 on: May 30, 2021, 09:58:29 pm »
i'm amazed how open the GOP is being these days. How brazen and openly they go against the spirit of american democracy. But then they never really were for democracy, they are, and have always been about power and control. They want to have the power they want to have the control, they want this country to be a dictatorship where they suppress all opposition and hold on to all the money.

I never thought I would see this kind of thing actually happening but here we are. This crap has to be fought.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1882 on: May 30, 2021, 10:51:47 pm »
I never thought I would see this kind of thing actually happening but here we are. This crap has to be fought.

Oh, it'll be fought all right..........with protests, violence, and guns. If Texas and any other states go against the will of the people and start overturning election results, the brown stuff is going to hit the fan, BIG TIME! Governor Abbot is already starting to sound like a dictator announceing all these voting changes.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1883 on: May 31, 2021, 12:00:17 am »
Let's separate the chaff from the grain here. Making it harder to vote by mail. Jump through their hoops and you can still vote. Starting early voting an hour later on a Sunday? To keep church people from voting? Make a church party event on that Sunday and then go vote. The real chaff. A judge, without probable cause, this is frightening.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1884 on: May 31, 2021, 10:52:20 am »
The real chaff. A judge, without probable cause, this is frightening.

The key issue or question is, how many judges will actually do what Abbot wants? Will they overturn the results like he wants? Or will some of them "rebel" and not give in to the lunacy, lies, etc.? And if judges don't do what Abbot and the Legislature wants, what then? Will they be removed from the bench and replaced with more obediant dogs (new Judges) who wag their tails for their masters?

In other news, things just got more complicated in Texas last night.  :o

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/31/politics/texas-voting-rights-bill-sb7-house-adjourned-no-quorum/index.html
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/05/31/texas-democrat-joe-moody-walk-out-newday-sot-intv-vpx.cnn

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1885 on: June 01, 2021, 12:52:20 pm »
[
The GOP controlled states are changing voting laws in hope it will give them an
advantage. Personally voting in my community has changed little  in my memory. You go to the polls and vote. The only change I have seen is to show a id card with a
picture of me on it.  If people know they may be in line for hours they should  prepare
themselves for it. If they don't like long lines they should get rid of politicians that
cause them.

What is the GOP afraid of? Laws are being passed to cover up the darkest history of
how African Americans have been treated across the United States. Not just slavery, but since the civil war. When the freed slaves were treated as bad or worse as they
were under slavery. While these human beings have made gains, they still suffer 
discrimination and mistreatment, apparently due to the color of their skin.

I think is time decent people hold the GOP responsible for their racist acts, and
their attempt to take rights away from people of color. Until they give Trump the boot
and return to their conservative roots, and support of our democracy, They should lose
 election after election.  Trump wants to return to  power, and create an autocracy 
with him as it's permanent  leader. He apparently has convinced the GOP leadership
he has the power to cost them control of the government if they don't support him.
So the majority of GOP politicians fear to say anything against Trump.
Due to his threat to run people against them in primaries.

If this attempt by Trump and the far right succeed in wrecking our democracy. Many
will suffer, because self interested rich people will gain while the poor and the needy
will lose and die in the streets, from sickness and hunger. If the self interested rich 
think people will suffer and die quietly, they are in for a surprise.

A strong economy needs a society with reasonably happy people with money to spend.
Otherwise businesses will fail, along with crime which could wreck gains by the rich.
 Something  I really doubt Trump could understand and would likely want to blame 
others for the nations troubles.

The last thing we need to do is return to the time where groups like the K K K and
others ran the country. It was groups like this who caused the attack on a prosperous
Black suburb of Tulsa  Oklahoma, leaving hundreds of it's citizens dead and thousands homeless.   Attacks on people of color were common between the days of the civil war
until the mid 1960's. 

If we allow hate groups to grow in the country once more, our society will suffer.
Not only that, our economy will suffer with growing violence across the nation.
During the early days of the 20th century, the white race dominated society, but  this
will soon end. No matter what the GOP or people like Trump want. I fear if we allow   
the GOP to control the country, democracy will end with a push to create an autocracy 
with Trump as it's leader.  A leader who cares only for himself, and little else.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1886 on: June 02, 2021, 04:57:28 pm »
Everything, or almost everything, you wanted to know about the Texas voting bill, but were afraid to ask. This has got to be some of the most toughest and strictest stuff I have ever read for a voting bill.  :o

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/02/politics/fact-check-texas-elections-bill-voting-sb7-republicans-abbott/index.html

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #1887 on: June 02, 2021, 06:38:52 pm »
Why limit late night voting?  People work odd hours, may be the only chance they have.  And employers say you can vote and they have to let you go, but often it is non-paid time or dipping into your time-off pool. 

Seems a few of these changes are almost designed to hurt a subset of people.  Not sure.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1888 on: June 02, 2021, 07:17:00 pm »
Well, if you thought Texas was bad, Jade, then here at Furtopia, we don't allow feral furries to vote.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #1889 on: June 02, 2021, 11:33:22 pm »
Well shoot!  I guess I had better transform into a toony furry asap!
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1890 on: June 03, 2021, 01:36:22 am »
The limit on late night hours is another smoke screen. You have the right  to leave work to vote. Your employer can't stop you. Nor can an employer charge you for being late if you where voting. Your name, date and time you voted is a public record. Your employer can access that record to verify you are in the right.

The republican party is kicking up a lot of dust. Because that's all they have.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1891 on: June 05, 2021, 01:21:12 pm »

Apparently Trump made a not too bailed threat to  punish Facebook if and when he
returns to the White House.  If so it's not likely to help his  return to the social media
giant anytime soon.  Trump plans to speak at an annual GOP love fest. Where he will
likely continue his rhetoric on how the election was stolen from him. Also he apparently  thinks if it can be shown it was stolen from him somehow, he can return to the White
House this August.  Where he got that idea, who can say. 

There is a rumor Trump may run for a House seat in 2022 with the hope to become
the speaker. This plan is likely a way for Trump to protect himself from legal action
until he can run for president in 2024. Trump may have a lot of GOP support, but
to win a house seat will take more than GOP voters to win.

I think it's sad  how religious people are willing to support the GOP who only pretend
to support religious values. Oh they gladly pass laws that please religious people , but
when their supporters aren't looking they leave the country where those laws don't
affect them. That way someone in their family can get an abortion if they want
Or be a closet homosexual if they like.

It's a shame the religious supporters of the GOP are unaware of how many GOP
politicians spend their nights with  Washington D C ladies of the evening. Not
counting those who are privately gay.

It's easy for a rich politician to avoid laws by leaving the country, while the poor  are
forced to follow laws they can't afford to avoid. I really don't know how to correct  this
as long as crooked religious leaders support the GOP for power and money.  It's sad
but people are easily misled by crooked religious leaders.  Much the same as they
are by most con artists like Trump. A man who claimed to be religious only after
deciding to run for the presidency as a republican.

While wearing a mask can be a pain, people should consider the health of
others when they decide not to wear one. Even though I have been fully vaccinated , I
still ware a mask when around other people. Mainly to protect the health of others and
to be a good example for those around me.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1892 on: June 12, 2021, 01:25:37 pm »

psychiatrist, when asked, see Trump as a mentally troubled individual. But it seems 
he won't accept testing by any doctor he hasn't paid or threatened to say he is perfectly
well. So we really don't know why he makes crazy irresponsible claims.

While in the White House Trump was rushed to the hospital for 2 hours, and at the same
time the vice president was being rushed back to the capital. When questioned about this
no answered were ever given. Also prior to this Trump had episodes of slurred speech
and some stumbling. I think he had a stroke, and it was covered up. People can recover
quickly from minor strokes once treated.  So would be easy to cover up.

Russia's president Putin, when ask about Trump, did little but brag about
him, of course he did. Trump was giving Putin almost anything he wanted.
Apparently thinking Putin would be his friend if he kissed Putin's backside. Trump pretended to put
America first, but only if it didn't upset his old buddy Putin.

So if the GOP was to retake the US  House, it's likely Trump will demand to be made
speaker. Not that it would improve legislation by any means. I really think Trump is too
lazy for the job. At least Biden could stop any   radical laws Trump might try to pass.  We
can only hope president Biden can win a second term, ore at least a Democrat. Because the GOP want to privatize all social programs. Under private  control these programs would
  have their benefits cut to protect profits if need be. No matter who was hurt.

It seems the Democrat from west Virginia is more interested in being a  big shot than
working for his party or the country. He knows with his vote he can keep the president from passing bills which would likely hert the GOP  in 2022. So he can get just about anything he
wants within reason,. even from the GOP.

He claims to be against anything that isn't  getting partisan support. With this all the GOP
has to do is  not to agree to anything they want him to vote against. Like voting rights, 
gun legislation, civil rights, and police reform.

it"s sad so many refuse to be vaccinated against covid19. People claiming it's their civil
right to not get the vaccine is just wrong, because it like not wearing masques puts so many
at risk when they don't follow medical advice.

What is strange is many of these same people are against abortion. Claiming it kills
the innocent. Well so can covid19, if you try to  ignore it. But many don't seem to care.

If autocratic white nationalism takes over in this country, no one will be safe. Even
supporters of Trump and the GOP will lose if they get in the way of favored  Plutocrats. Just
as they  do in all autocracies around the world.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1893 on: June 17, 2021, 12:45:23 pm »
  -
While many Democrats complain the GOP is working to stop people of color from voting. In
most cases it's designed to make it harder to commit voting fraud. At least that is the
GOP's  excuse. But these new laws will make it harder for all voters, so their attack against
voters of color could backfire. Costing the  GOP the vary gains they hope to make.

Many times if people are led to believe they are being taken advantage of, they will work
all the harder to defeat those forces against them. So by following a man like Trump, a man
who considers himself a lot smarter than anyone of color, is likely to lead the GOP and his
supporters down the garden path to defeat.

During the attack by Trump's supporters on the nations capital, I understand they expected
Trump's help. But Trump was hiding in his underground secure vault watching the attack on
 video with a grin on his face. With no intention of giving help to either side.

Apparently Trump hoped to stop the cirtification of Biden to be president. But didn't have
the nerve to have any part in the attack. Trump never involves himself in anything he thinks 
might get him in trouble personally. So he has others do his dirty work. The sooner those
who support Trump realize they are being used,by him, the better. Because his use of them
is for his benefit, not theirs.

It seems the GOP is wanting to move to a autocratic form of government. Where they have
virtually total control over legislation, and government leadership. While it is true it's simpler
to rule an autocracy, since it's one sided for the most part. This one side control is why we
see so many around the world. Democracies require compromise which often takes time
and many times is unpredictable. So men controlled by greed always want full control of
society, with little or no compromises.  This is why president Putin of Russia is working hard
to keep Russia under autocratic control. So he can run the country the way he wants, no
matter what the Russian people want.  Typical of all autocracies.

I am sure the GOP and Trump supporters feel single party control is a good thing. The sad
thing is it's a bad idea. Oh it looks good until greedy people take control. Then all those
people who wanted it will  suddenly find their rights disappearing, and little if any way to
return to a democracy.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1894 on: June 22, 2021, 01:05:16 pm »

It was a surprise to see the supreme court refuse to kill the ACA by not supporting a law
suit by several of the GOP controlled states. Still they are considering to rule on abortion
rights, civil voting rights, affirmative action, and other rulings that affect GOP's attempt to
take rights away from people of color and the LGBTQ in our country.

If the GOP win back the senate in 2022 all appointments to the courts will stop, especially  any
to the supreme court. So the Democrats best appoint all the judges they can this year
and next. Already conservative judges are blocking some of president Biden's  work to undo
Trump's terrible decisions.

The GOP continue to call the January 6 attack on the capital no big deal. Apparently
wanting to  follow Trump's orders to do so. Every one of them should lose their seat in
congress by not supporting our democracy.

The GOP continues to push anti racial ideas such as not teaching young people the racial
history of our country, or even current events that involve race. They apparently fear allowing
this would cost the white extremest in the GOP future elections.

Sad to say, but many in the GOP are moving the party toward fascism. I think the reason is
people who support Trump have been misled to believe nationalism is good for the
country. People like Trump know they can use peoples natural wish to protect their own to
control them. Many people naturally think of them selves first, so Trump's America first plan
gained him a lot of support. People need to understand as world population grows, we must
work together.

We all live on this one planet. It would be nice if  the human race had other worlds where
people could live however they wanted, but we don't. So we must learn to live together or
we may die together, and nationalism is definitely not the answer, as it leads to disputes
between nations with nowhere to go. I fear nuclear war will destroy most life on our planet,
since we can be sure nations who have such weapons will use them rather than accept
defeat in a war. So we need to do all we can to avoid a war that could end life on our planet.
Personally if we must have nuclear weapon, I would like them to be limited to radiation only
weapons like neutron bombs. As once the radiation flash is over it's done.  No destructive
explosion to scatter  radiation around the world. But it's not likely to happen as too many
people would rather see complete  destruction. 

oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1895 on: June 27, 2021, 01:04:07 pm »

Old man Trump is back at it  with a rally in Ohio. He is already claiming the
Democrats are out to get him. So I think we can be sure he will continue his lies
about his lost election. I am sure most of those that attend are completely under
his spell, and want to believe all of his lies. If Trump wasn't so bad I would feel
sorry for him when he rants about past losses.

The sad thing is the GOP is going along with Trump and his lies. Not only that so
is the right wing media. So it's no wonder why people are being misled into
thinking the Democrats just don't  like him when told he is bad for the country.

Trump knows what people want to hear, so he tells them this at his rally's.  He
loves the cheers, as it feeds his ego. It's this ego that makes Trump dangerous,
because he will do most anything to feed it. Hence the reason he cares only for
himself.

It's down right  amazing what some people are willing to  believe. One idea was
that Italy was using satellites to rig our presidential election. It's not possible, but
it seems people are ready to believe anything if it suits them. Another was a man
who still thinks the earth is flat, believes the Russians are planning to use an
atomic bomb to tilt the earth enough so we slide off.

The Democrats must convince a majority of the voters to punish the GOP, if
they don't, and if allowed to take control of government, we may well be headed
for civil war or a race war. Perhaps both because many of the far right hate people of color.

GOP controlled states continue  to blame unemployment for people not returning
to work. This is GOP politicians chasing votes and support from businesses and
ignorant people who have little idea how hard it is to get unemployment  much  less stay on it.

Many businesses don't  want to pay workers more money, some can't afford to,
so society may have to deal with it or businesses with high labor costs may have
to close if they can't afford to exist. Because workers need to make a reasonable
living to maintain good health of mind and body.

Another thing is some jobs are just gone. Then some still have kids at home and can't
afford to put them in child care making low wages.
so they stay on unemployment for the money.

oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1896 on: June 30, 2021, 01:02:12 pm »

In the mid 2000's the GOP decided to put all their political effort into taking over
state legislatures. At the time the GOP were facing political losses at the federal
level and feared their party was down for the count so to speak.

I think we can see this was a smart move by the GOP, as they gained several
governorship and control of several state legislatures. Unfortunately instead of
working for the good of the country, they have been working for the so called good
of the party, and their rich supporters.
-
Now I have no problem with people wanting to make a good income, but some
are more than willing to step on others to do so, and the republican party apparently is ready to help them do it, and since the election of president Reagan
they have been doing just that, full of promises and little else. At least for middle
class Americans trying to make a decent living. These Americans grow poorer
while the GOP helps the rich grow richer. With this help the rich is fully willing to
help the GOP stay in power.

While Trump and the GOP had power about all they did was cut taxes for the
riches Americans. That and put conservative judges in federal courts. After trying
hard for several years the GOP has learned it's much easier  to use the courts
to change laws, instead of fighting the Democrats in congress. Especially since the
GOP is a minority party that depends on independents to hold power.

It seems many people either don't  want to be vaccinated against covid19, or feel
they don't need to be. The political excuse is the worst because it's a terrible
excuse to put others at risk just because a politician tells them not  to, only for the
purpose to gain more votes. In my local area a small town is trying to get rid of a
good mayor just because he is requiring people to wear masks. Seems many of
the town citizens care more about their personal comfort than peoples lives.

The sad thing is many in the GOP care more about political  power than the public
health. Yes, most people in that town are republicans, and we can be sure no GOP
politician is supporting the mayor.
oldrabbit.com

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1897 on: July 01, 2021, 03:28:25 am »
Old Rabbit, it's not murder, it's republican! The covid Delta + variant is killing people at any age. It's now found in all 50 states. Honestly believe we have less than three months before serious lock downs begin again. Our Republican party is the first in known history of mankind to knowingly try to kill of it's own followers.

I'm going to put this out there. Because no one else seems to be talking about it. Trump believes NASA is watching him. He also said that Italy used satellites to interfere with the election. This sounds more like dementia than politics.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1898 on: July 04, 2021, 12:47:03 pm »

Even though the population of the United States is growing old the GOP continues
it's work to block immigration. Most likely because they see it as a way to gain
votes for their party. The GOP governor of South Dakota sent 50 state national
guard troops to the boarder with Mexico to help keep desperate families from
entering  the U S to gain asylum. Not a military invasion but mothers, fathers,
 and their children who face death in their own country. The cost to send these 
troops is apparently being paid for by a Tennessee Billionaire.

The legality of allowing a private individual to pay a state for a political purpose
is highly suspect. If this is allowed, what to keep other plutocrats from supporting
the GOP who is against voting, or any protest they don't like. I am sure if a
Democrat governor was to try this, the GOP would be having a fit.

This country needs millions of immigrants to grow. Otherwise the country will fall
behind countries run by autocrats, and plutocrats. People who care nothing for the
average man or woman, but only for themselves. Trump claims he is for the
common man, but this is a lie, he is using his followers for his own benefit,
not
theirs, or the country for that matter. It's unfortunate we have a party like
the GOP who fears the lost of power so much they will lie and cheat to get what they
want from government, and the people they mislead.

These people claim they are for law and order, but many of them only follow the
law when it suits their purpose. Sometimes I feel the GOP has been stolen by
the far right because conservatism is the closest thing to their way of thinking. So
with Trump's help they are trying to twist it to suit their purpose. A
purpose we must fight with our votes to prevent. Because allowing them to
succeed will hand our country to the super rich. People who consider themselves
better than anyone else.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1899 on: July 09, 2021, 01:28:10 pm »

It seems Trump doesn't think side benefits should be taxable. At least that is what
he tells his supporters. They may wish to believe Trump's lies, but they best
report those benefits to the IRS,. or they may wish they had, because side benefits
are considered to be taxable income. Even if Trump doesn't think so.

-Just how far will the GOP go trying to hang on to political power? So far they are
letting Trump tell them what to do, with threats to replace GOP congressmen if 
they ignore his wishes.

Trump continues to push his lie about his election being stolen. I fully expect he
planned to make this claim if he had lost to  H Clinton in 2016. Mainly because
just before the election he was making the claim his election  with her was
being rigged, because he fully expected to lose.  It's pathetic how he has
continue to run H Clinton down ever since. It seems Trump thinks by running
her down he is making himself look better. Instead is just shows how screwed up
he and his supporters are.

Trump doesn't seem to understand how to be a good winner, much less a loser.
It's really sad how he continues to run H Clinton down years after his win over
her in 2016. I really think Trump does suffer from dementia at times due to his
crazy claims that make little or no sense. The real danger to the
country is the way the republican party supports this craziness. 

If the GOP does regain control of the house of representatives in 2022, if's
possible Trump may demand to be made speaker. If this was to happen, congress
would end up being run by a crazy man who only cares for himself.

Covid19 is growing again, especially in areas controlled by the GOP. The
governor of my state of Missouri appears to be wanting to hide this in the
southwest part of our state. Claiming there are no real problems due to covid19 there. Well you would think a GOP governor would want to protect a GOP
strong hold, but he apparently fears requiring masks or vaccinations so much
he won't do anything. So hundreds are getting sick and many are dying due
to covid19 in that part of the state.
oldrabbit.com