Author Topic: Are you in the furry closet?  (Read 133839 times)

Offline Wrangell

• Male
Re: Are you in the furry closet?
« Reply #425 on: October 03, 2013, 03:46:48 am »
Everyone I have told so far hasn't had a problem with it. I can't say I won't meet someone who will disagree with it though, but this is who I am and that is all that matters. I even have a tail that is in the process of being made by a friend I met at a con.
Keep Smiling

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #426 on: October 03, 2013, 12:20:03 pm »
*kicks everybody out of the closet*

GET OUT!

It's getting too crowded in here. It's too stuffy.  :P

Offline crocogator78

• Male
« Reply #427 on: October 03, 2013, 09:59:01 pm »

GET OUT!

But it's so comfy in here! :-)

Offline Mylo

« Reply #428 on: October 03, 2013, 10:02:37 pm »

GET OUT!

But it's so comfy in here! :-)

Yes, yes it is. :)

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #429 on: October 03, 2013, 10:27:12 pm »
It's much nicer outside.
* Loc frolics through the open meadows of non-closetedness.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Sergalicious

• Species: northern sergal
  • I need some snuggs pretty bad now...
  • Male
« Reply #430 on: October 04, 2013, 12:21:00 am »
Yeah, I told my family I was a furry the same time that I told them I was bi, and they more or less disowned me. But now that I think back on it, I'm glad that I told them. It helped me realize that just because you happened to be born to people doesn't mean that you always need to listen to them. Now that they know, I'm happier than I've ever been, even if my family doesn't talk to me. I don't know what the big deal about telling the people you know, but it's a great feeling to not have to hide who you are. All of my friends know, and many of them have offered to come to cons with me and what not.
i've also notices that once i joined the fandom i became happier then ive ever been. so much so that i have adopted a new policy. " i dont care if i die, i just care if up to that point i have been happy". and i EXPECT i will die young, and i accept it. i have ben happy and as long as i am happy then, i feel fine about death. i think this fandom has had the same effect as a religion that someone truly believes in, not pushed on them by family would have. i have never been religious, and probably never will. but if what i feel is the same that religious people feel, i can se the appeal in it.
I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts...
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #431 on: October 04, 2013, 02:19:20 am »
It's much nicer outside.
* Loc frolics through the open meadows of non-closetedness.

i don't like outside  :o that big yellow thing in the sky burns  x_x also it's too hot in CA im a artic folf not a hyena :3

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #432 on: October 04, 2013, 08:16:17 pm »
Ehhh...   Less and less so as time goes on.  I've now met a few furries IRL and such.  I've just... Lost the need both to hide it and the need to tell everyone.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #433 on: October 05, 2013, 02:19:48 am »
Yeah, I told my family I was a furry the same time that I told them I was bi, and they more or less disowned me. But now that I think back on it, I'm glad that I told them. It helped me realize that just because you happened to be born to people doesn't mean that you always need to listen to them. Now that they know, I'm happier than I've ever been, even if my family doesn't talk to me. I don't know what the big deal about telling the people you know, but it's a great feeling to not have to hide who you are. All of my friends know, and many of them have offered to come to cons with me and what not.
i've also notices that once i joined the fandom i became happier then ive ever been. so much so that i have adopted a new policy. " i dont care if i die, i just care if up to that point i have been happy". and i EXPECT i will die young, and i accept it. i have ben happy and as long as i am happy then, i feel fine about death. i think this fandom has had the same effect as a religion that someone truly believes in, not pushed on them by family would have. i have never been religious, and probably never will. but if what i feel is the same that religious people feel, i can se the appeal in it.
I've actually felt so much different ever since I embraced the furry fandom. Much like the two of you, I've just been happier, like I found what was missing, it's been nothing but good for me. I still follow Christianity to this day but I swear I heard God tell me "It's alright." After that night I told my mom and she thinks it's actually pretty cool, sure my dad didn't say much when he found out but he never says much to begin with. Even when my brother found out and wanted to rip my head off for it, furry is part of who I am now and it's something no one's gonna tear away from me.

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Zedd

• Male
« Reply #434 on: December 06, 2013, 08:36:01 pm »
I was finally able to tell my mom that I was a furry. It was not easy and I wasn't expecting "Do what you want and what makes you happy". I'm still rather shocked... x_x
Never turn down tea if it's offered. It's impolite and that's how wars start.

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #435 on: December 07, 2013, 03:01:23 am »
now 4 people know im a fur. my brother, mom, and 2 of my sorta friends

Offline Flarei

• Otteroo
  • Male
« Reply #436 on: December 07, 2013, 04:47:40 pm »
Everyone pretty much knows I'm a fur.
Furcode:
FMF4adrw A- C D+++ H++ M- P+ R++ T+++ W Z Sm+ RLMA a- cn++ d? e- f+ h* iw+++ j* p+ sm

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #437 on: January 17, 2014, 12:35:36 am »
Birthday dinner, right, sittin round the table, eaten a burrito, and guess what subject came up.  You guessed it.  So apparently, my parents saw a group of fursuiters piled into a car and, i don't really remember what about, and they start talkin bout it, then this happens:

"Oh is ain't like those furry guys is it?"

"Yeah, like those people who dress up as animals and stuff"

"No, it's like a thing, it's more than that."

"Huh."

That was about it; then they ended up talking about somthin else.  I never commented, once we got home, my parents never said nothin, and that was pretty much it.  I wasn't nervous, i didn't think i'd have to talk about it, even though my parents know i'm on the forums, and i didn't.

Those of you thinkin that you'll die if you gotta admit somthin, don't freak; there's not much to admit, and chances are, you won't have to. 
(Note, never take my word as fact for anything, i'm unreliable and my info ain't always top-notch.)

Offline Aryd

• Species: Rainbow Snake (Farancia erytrogramma)
  • Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #438 on: January 17, 2014, 12:40:29 am »
I've  let some of my close friends know, but luckily, they don't yet realize what a furry is. They just sorta stare at me confused.
GameMaster Status!

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #439 on: January 17, 2014, 02:37:15 am »
+1 more ^^ one of m brother's online friends. he's ok with it apparently one of his friends is a fur. he doesn't know my brother is a fur yet only knows i am. after the dr. phil episode comes out im guessing the number is going to change from 5 people to 20+ next time i hear some one (i know) talking about furries at my school im going to correct their definition.

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #440 on: January 17, 2014, 08:45:53 pm »
I nearly had a heart attack when someone (you know who you are.  :goldpissed: ) told me to tell my brother what being a furry is all about. I'm happy keeping it from my family as I'm likely to be kicked out of the house...
Mate of WereCat

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #441 on: January 17, 2014, 09:14:59 pm »
How many times do I have to tell everybody?

THERE IS NO FURRY CLOSET!  

:D :D :D :D

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #442 on: January 18, 2014, 10:23:43 pm »
you sure about that kobuk? because im pretty sure that that closet is labeled 'the furry closet'

btw Kobuk put your tongue back in....

Offline the lone shadow wolf

• Species: eurasion wolf with a little silver fox
  • dont mind me just telecomuting from the darkness
  • Male
« Reply #443 on: March 14, 2014, 12:41:46 am »
my furry closet is empty except old kid costumes
I will see you all soon
in the future :goldgrin:

if you wish to find me elsewere look here
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theloneshadowwolf/

check out my latest art here V
http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-techniques-tutorials/the-lone-shadow-wolf-will-improve!/50/

Offline xracecar

• Species: Umbreon
  • ^ I'm totally original
  • Male
    • Deviantart
« Reply #444 on: March 23, 2014, 03:56:12 pm »
     I'm definitely in the furry closet. No, I don't want to tell any1. Why? You know it yourself, I hate being unaccepted. Like seriously! As my parents are Christians, I know that they'll disapprove of my "behavior" and most likely kick me out of the house.

This is what it feels like to be at home, with my parents not knowing I'm a furry:

*awkwardly watches movie next to my mom, or dad*

If my parents knew:

Dad yells, "THE IS UNACCEPTABLE! YOU HAVE BETRAYED YOUR FAMILY!"
I mean, seriously dad? This is what you do to your son? (Yes, he has a bad temper, as I got an A- on a quiz, he completely raged)
Now my left pinky finger and thumb are numb. So that's what it feels like to have no thumb and pinky...
"I'm hungry,"
"Dude! You just ate lunch!"

"When in doubt, C4!" -Jaime Hyneman

FCW2adrw A-- C- D? H M? P R++ T+++ W Z? Sm? RL-* a- cmn++++ d++ e- f-- h+ iw++ j+ p sm--

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #445 on: March 23, 2014, 04:13:00 pm »

^ this is why people dont tell their parents. it's sad to see people who need to deal with this...

Offline KCfox

• Your friendly neighbourhood fox :3
  • Male
« Reply #446 on: March 23, 2014, 06:59:37 pm »
Furry-lined closets?
Oh hey I say! That does sound pretty cosy!

Actually, I have heard someone slip furry instead of fairy which made me suspicious, though I think how I must have gone all red probably made "them" suspicious of me.
(I do believe in furries, I do I do I do!)

My parents would have no shock to realise I like something cartoony and a lot of furry art is just that, so yeah...
I am not using the "furry" keyword, though, as I really don't like labels unless it's the topic and I can be all like, "Ooh, I'm a furry, too!"

Plus I'm new still to all this fluffiness and as random as my interests can go, I think I best not identify with something I am barely just new to! :D

P.S. Nice suit there, Kobuk!
I have no idea what I am doing.

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #447 on: May 03, 2014, 01:31:36 pm »
Haha, good one Kobuk! :D

My grandmother and aunt know, they don't know or care what it is though, and I feel no need to inform them ^-^
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
« Reply #448 on: May 03, 2014, 07:50:32 pm »
Lol. Kobuk.. that post is amazing  :)

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #449 on: May 06, 2014, 02:17:25 pm »
I do believe in furries, I do I do I do!

:)
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such