Author Topic: Supprise furry art book!  (Read 14259 times)

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
Re: Supprise furry art book!
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2013, 04:03:29 pm »

Well my mom was at it again! Another supprise that arrived on my desk! it's even more descriptive then the first one and it covers more creatures! My mom is rely somthing she be gettign a big husky hug :D

I was looking around for help with drawing polar bears and I stumbled upon a site which is ran by the maker of this book, She's making a polar bear web comic. You should check it out, she's got a lot of good design sheets for lots of different animals.

Here it is: http://www.lastpolarbears.com
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline Wrangell

• Male
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2013, 04:35:39 pm »
The last of the Polar Bears! I love that idea for a book! :D I too love bears and when ever I come across one wile I'm fishing or hiking I just admire there grandeur and beauty! Bears are one of the most magnificent creatures. I would love to see a polar bear in the wild some day!  I'm excited to see how the book comes out.
Keep Smiling

Offline Wrangell

• Male
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2013, 02:57:24 am »
So I actually started reading this comic and I couldn't stop!! It was fantastic I can't Waite for more! :D I think once it is finished it should be published. It would sell like hot cakes in Alaska.   
Keep Smiling

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2013, 12:07:49 am »
Are those new books? Or are they your mom's old ones........... :D

Yep, there's a book on how to draw the manga too.
http://www.amazon.com/Sketch-Manga-Draw-Inside-Step---Step/dp/1440314756/ref=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1383451431&sr=1-7&keywords=draw+furrys
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Wrangell

• Male
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2013, 07:43:34 am »
Keep Smiling

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2013, 07:33:03 pm »
I was hoping you would take that in the spirit of humor that it was intended. I think it's great that your mom is totally supporting your interest in art.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2013, 03:38:15 am »
i would love to get those books but my brother would want $ in return for my mom buying me the books -_- but what i could do is do a little work for my mom and then my brother would complain less because i pretty much worked for the money for the books... but i just need to find a job my mom will pay me to do and then i would need to remember to ask her to get the books.... but even then my brother wants to get money too because it's "unfair" how i get money and he doesn't but he never works so it is pretty fair.

Offline Wrangell

• Male
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2013, 01:47:40 am »
I was hoping you would take that in the spirit of humor that it was intended. I think it's great that your mom is totally supporting your interest in art.
Sometimes it takes awhile to get a joke when it is in written form. :D
Keep Smiling

Offline Wrangell

• Male
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2013, 01:51:05 am »
i would love to get those books but my brother would want $ in return for my mom buying me the books -_- but what i could do is do a little work for my mom and then my brother would complain less because i pretty much worked for the money for the books... but i just need to find a job my mom will pay me to do and then i would need to remember to ask her to get the books.... but even then my brother wants to get money too because it's "unfair" how i get money and he doesn't but he never works so it is pretty fair.

Why would your brother want money in return? Also if you celebrate Christmas, that would be a rely good gift to ask for as well, but working for something you want is rely good practice and your mom would probably appreciate it. 

Keep Smiling

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2013, 02:14:43 am »
i don't know... when every i get something my brother wants something in tern even tho he has gotten more stuff than me. so my brother is just very annoying with this stuff. once i helped my mom clean in a ~80F humid garage with sharp, and heavy objects wile he is in the nice cool house folding a few towels, and after all that he got paid the same because he complained to my mom about why i get $100 and he doesn't (he didn't even fold them correctly and he didn't fold them all)

well it would be a nice gift but ild like to start to save up my money now that i know how to spend it correctly. and thats one thing im better at than my brother working for stuff i want :goldlaugh: but i still need to find something she would pay me for ^^

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2013, 07:49:11 pm »
well look what i got!  :goldlaugh:

Offline Wrangell

• Male
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2013, 05:49:12 am »
Nice dude! I know you have been wanting it for a wile. When and how did you get it?
Keep Smiling

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2013, 06:06:37 am »
well 2 weeks ago i asked my mom for it wile driving. then it turns out that my mom ordered 2 dif books and last week end my mom's friend lost the first one.... then on the 25th the second one (one in pic) arrived at my mom's house and on Friday i asked for it and she handed it to me. still haven't found the first one..... and the book has some pretty useful info ^^ just don't have drawing supplies here.

next thing im going to ask for is a art tablet but i want to find a good one that is good/easy to use and around $100 but there are so many that i don't know what is good. also need to get art software, but i don't know any good ones that aren't expensive. i have gimp but i don't like it that much annoying to use... i don't understand it.

also need to ask my mom for 'draw more furries' that might help me as well.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2013, 11:27:55 am »
Books
I use an old art school book that was given to me years ago as a reference.
Other wise there is a lot of info online to instruct one for furry art and general
art. Books are nice in that they have a lot of information on their subject.
But the internet can make a good substitute if one doesn't have a lot of
money to buy books.

Art programs
Many tablets come with basic art programs. They are usually a light version of
a higher priced program. Do a google or yahoo search. There are a few free to
use art programs available online other than gimp.

Drawing Tablet.
I use the basic Wacom Bamboo tablet. Nearly all the drawings I have posted
in the last few years were done with it. Drawings before that were with older
tablets. I haven't checked the price lately, but I paid about $65 for mine.
The higher priced versions usually just have some buttons for convenience
of changing options.  Otherwise they don't work much if any better for drawing.

Price is generally set by the size of the drawing tablet. I find the smallest one
works fine for me. Some like larger ones, but I found I only used a small part
of the tablet. So I decided why spend money for a large one when I only used
a small part of it.

Remember you can expand your art to any size you want on your monitor. So
the size of the tablet isn't critical unless you just like more room for drawing.

You can set the tablet so it will use all of the monitor screen or a small part of it.

Take care

Old Rabbit :orbunny:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 12:07:48 pm by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2013, 06:04:28 pm »
thx for the info rabbit ^^

oh and my mom found the other book  :goldlaugh: now 2 books for me ^^

btw do you notice the paw in the bottem on the picture?

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2013, 06:21:26 pm »
btw do you notice the paw in the bottem on the picture?

You really are a wolf! *Bear drags you back to Aperture Labs for genetic tests*
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2013, 06:24:50 pm »
don't you dare try to turn me into a mantis man!

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2013, 10:28:39 pm »
Eww Christopher Hart.

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2013, 03:59:16 am »
isn't that the 3rd time you said that Shim? also the stuff in that book is good too.

Offline Wrangell

• Male
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2013, 07:36:11 pm »
nice paw. Shim we understand that you don't like Christopher Heart, but that doesn't apply to this nice gift that had been given. Personally I like using traditional art supplies. Yes tablets can save lots of paper, but there is nothing better to then using paints, pencils, exc, but again I was raised by an art teacher. 
Keep Smiling

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2013, 02:29:21 am »
well a tablet/computer will allow for cleaner art. no pencil marks/miss coloring
also computer programs have some nice tools that are right there within a click and no having to reach over a desk to grab some thing, also another good thing is you don't have papers that can get messed up and take up lots of space unlike on a computer they are all in a folder and you can just dupe it many times and save it to other things for safe keeping. and i really hate the stuff erasers leave behind

so pretty much digital is superior in almost every way, but traditional has some good things too, from style, more skills used, more pleasure of finishing (depends on person)

and i don't really care for the supplies my dad has plenty of money (wastes it some times -_- but it's his money what ever makes him happy i cant really take that away, what is the point in life if you cant do what you like?)

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2013, 03:10:34 am »
Thanks for the info Rabbit. I really like your art :D You guys are so lucky :O An idea if I can buy these books in Australia? Googles it*

Edit:
Ebay Says that it will cost $30+ from the Uk for each book. How much did it cost you guys to get them? ^.^
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 03:14:00 am by Sciex »

Offline Wrangell

• Male
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2013, 03:15:45 am »
Thanks for the info Rabbit. I really like your art :D You guys are so lucky :O An idea if I can buy these books in Australia? Googles it*

Not sure where you could get these books. It was a surprise on my part. I just realized since your in Australia it's like Tuesday already. I live in Alaska so totally different time zone, ha ha cool
Keep Smiling

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2013, 03:17:28 am »
i got them around $18 i live in California

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male