Author Topic: Furry-inspired makeup..  (Read 5345 times)

Offline Honey Bun

• Species: Bunny
  • Scurry Furry Fury!
  • Female
Furry-inspired makeup..
« on: January 02, 2016, 10:41:16 pm »
I was trying to think of ways to lifestyle without the collar and tail (since it seems to be a very popular idea anyway, and there's lots of say on the matter already). I was wondering if anyone used everyday makeup to hint at their sona or species... I haven't done anything myself, especially since I just recently thought of it. But I thought maybe someone else was ahead of the game.

Have you ever done furry-inspired makeup? What do you think would be cool/acceptable/etc.?
*hops away*

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Furry-inspired makeup..
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 10:56:52 pm »
This topic might fit better in the Fursuit forum since makeup is related to costuming. Just sayin. ;)

But anyway.........I have read and seen people who have used latex prostetics to make their faces, hands, etc. more animal-like. Does that count?

Offline Honey Bun

• Species: Bunny
  • Scurry Furry Fury!
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 11:01:13 pm »
I suppose it could. ^_^ I was thinking about subtle things you could hint at with basic things like eyeliner, blush, eyeshadow,  etc. Like, if your sona's a feline, you might give your eyes a more cat-like look, etc. :P
*hops away*

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 11:15:03 pm »
I suppose it could. ^_^ I was thinking about subtle things you could hint at with basic things like eyeliner, blush, eyeshadow,  etc. Like, if your sona's a feline, you might give your eyes a more cat-like look, etc. :P

The only time I've seen furs use makeup is at conventions. Though........there was one fur on Furtopia......I can't remember her name......who used to be big into the CATS musical costumes and makeup.

Offline Takanuva

• Species: Dragon
  • I like Bionicle and Dragons.
  • Male
    • Takanuva-Toa-Of-Light
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 05:56:35 pm »
Idk, what to do about rabbits, but I've seen some people do doe makeup and use foundation for the coloring, and then paint on the white flecks and the nose. But probably not the nose if you're trying to be subtle.

Offline CatDetective

• Species: Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 03:12:55 am »
I've seen a looot of fawn makeup lately. It's not exactly subtle but it is beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukC21BqgDX0

For rabbits... there's not a lot that isn't costumey, outside of maybe doing a very natural look on the face and then using your fur colors in an eyeshadow look. Unless, of course, you're a Dwarf Hotot Rabbit, in which case you can make like a kitty and do a fabulous cat's eye eyeliner!