Author Topic: 40-50 killed in nightclub terror attack.  (Read 2364 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
40-50 killed in nightclub terror attack.
« on: June 12, 2016, 12:47:04 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orlando-nightclub-shooting/index.html

Some news sources are claiming the killer had ties to ISIS. Authorities are calling this attack "domestic terrorism".

No matter what happens, you can be sure the fallout from this attack will center on issues like ISIS, terrorism, Arabs, and especially gun control. I'm willing to bet the next debates and arguments coming out of the Presidential candidate's mouths will be on gun control.

Offline Natura Wolf

Re: 40-50 killed in nightclub terror attack.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 01:19:22 pm »
There's nothing I can say on the matter

A poem well remembered

'Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message He Is Dead,
Put crêpe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood;
For nothing now can ever come to any good.'

Things like this shouldn't happen anymore, it breaks my heart and fuels my anger.  It matters not if this was ISIS or not, just make it stop.  Things like this do more than just destroy, they sabotage, severe and desecrate.  Many more will suffer from this, majority innocent

Offline some_random_wusky

• Species: a wusky, of course!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 02:32:57 pm »
why. why would someone do this. why cant all this just stop. why cant people just stop killing each other. how could someone go into a room and shoot 60 people. why cant it just stop for once. this makes me so angry i dont understand how someone could shoot human beings like they were animals at a slaughterhouse.

thats 50 mothers who will never see theri child again
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 02:46:52 pm by some_random_wusky »
honestly thinks we need another mass extinction

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 03:40:40 pm »
why. why would someone do this. why cant all this just stop. why cant people just stop killing each other. how could someone go into a room and shoot 60 people. why cant it just stop for once. this makes me so angry i dont understand how someone could shoot human beings like they were animals at a slaughterhouse.

Why? Only the shooter who committed this terrible act can answer that. And he took his reasons to the grave with him. But from what I have been reading of various news reports, it might be two things:
a) The shooter pledged his support for ISIS.
b) The mother of the shooter said that her son did have some anti-gay feelings/hatred.

As for any other reasons, we'll just have to wait while the authorities do their investigation.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 03:57:10 pm »
P.S. - And whether it's related or not, there's another news story of police apprehending a heavily armed man in Los Angeles as he was preparing to go to a gay pride event.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/california-west-hollywood-suspect-aresenal/index.html

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 11:31:20 am »
Why do people hate? Why do people think they are doing God's work?
Why does the media spend hours repeating the killers name and show
his picture?  Or who his parents were..

There are people who want fame for themselves, even if they have to die for it.

Unfortuantly there are people who have no feelings for others. It's not even their
fault. Add that to hate, and you have a dangerous individual. Add it to a charismatic
leader and you have a dangerous group or country.

This person was said to be unbalanced, but he was licensed to  carry a gun. We can't
keep dangerous people from getting guns, but we could make it harder.

During this political season some running for office have said things that have likely
stirred up hate and add that to someone who feels he is the hand of God or doing
good for the country, Can be very dangerous indeed.

We need to be more aware of mental disorders, and be willing to help those who need it.
In the past we tossed people in mental institutions for being a little strange., and forgot
about them. Just get them out of sight. They were closed because they were more like
houses of horror than hospitals.

We need more mental care facilities instead of just putting them on the streat with a bottle
of pills.  Untill we do we are going to have more of the same. Just blaiming it as terrorisim is a
copout in my opinion. The terrorists are looking for people who don't care for others or them
selves. They make a perfect weapon to use against those their leaders hate..

« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 11:45:05 am by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 04:24:31 am »
Religion, Nationalism, Patriotism, Political, Commercial, Science, Society, Rebel, even Passion etc.

All of these things can be poisoned to inflict damage to others, even take others lives.  For the most part all you have to do is give yourself to a cause whether it's Christianity, Texas, America, Sony, Navy, anywhere.  If you give yourself wholeheartedly to a cause without mindfulness, without understanding of consequences that may happen to you and around you, without basically a conscience or moral ground, without your Identity.  Then you become a tool just like the tool you follow.

Ideologies and Cultures are not bad things, but they always need to be audited, to be challenged, because time can make any philosophy out-dated and that should always be made aware.  Rules are needed, but also needed are rules to change because seldom any rule will be indefinite and true to all walks of life or all situations.

At the moment in life I'd argue that the biggest thing we need in life is tolerance for the things we don't understand or accept and patience to learn.  There is probably more but at the moment I am in the same mind as a friend of mine.

The interest is full of extremists in all categories, and in social media sites You can see these battles and complaints and wars all over in right and wrong, the faith vs the atheist for example since that's always popular, and neither party is any better when they devout to some extreme.  But when this starts to infect the real world, when people are becoming more and more assertive in this extreme choices of judgement, of discrimination, of profiling, then the world doesn't begin to feel safe, it begins to feel like a cold war waiting to ignite.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 10:20:38 am »
Probably not a good time to be in Orlando, Florida right now.  :P  First, there was a popular singer killed right after she gave a performance. Then, the mass shooting at a nightclub that left 49 people dead. And now, a 2 year old toddler is missing and presumed dead after being snatched by an alligator near DisneyWorld.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/15/us/alligator-attacks-child-disney-florida/index.html

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 10:54:46 pm »
All I have to say is this.
 “Fear is the path to the dark side…fear leads to anger…anger leads to hate…hate leads to suffering.”

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 11:08:48 pm »
All I have to say is this.
 “Fear is the path to the dark side…fear leads to anger…anger leads to hate…hate leads to suffering.”

Wise, this one is. Yes?

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 01:10:01 am »
Yeah I quoted Yoda what of it?   (:

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2016, 04:03:28 am »
Yeah I quoted Yoda what of it?   (:

Who do you  think are more quotable, people or characters from books/films/tv shows?

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2016, 10:43:34 am »
Writers often have good insight about human behavior.

I am sure there are many quotes relatable to human failures, but that would
be better served in it's own topic.

Let's try to stay with the subject of this one.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2016, 07:10:42 pm »
coming back fro. work today in Inverness, I found that had the Pride flag half mast for mourning on the town hall in the city centre

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2016, 12:49:20 pm »

I feel the same way.

ETA: Don't most nightclubs have security on staff? How did this gunman even get in? I often wonder about these types of attacks...why it is a person with a gun is often overlooked. From what I've heard, the gunman in this incident had visited the club before the attack, and struggled with his own sexual identity. So maybe, because he was a regular, the guards didn't think twice...and that led to the deaths of many innocent people.

Tragic all around.  :'(
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 01:04:14 pm by Iara Warriorfeather »
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2016, 12:14:38 pm »

I feel the same way.

ETA: Don't most nightclubs have security on staff? How did this gunman even get in? I often wonder about these types of attacks...why it is a person with a gun is often overlooked. From what I've heard, the gunman in this incident had visited the club before the attack, and struggled with his own sexual identity. So maybe, because he was a regular, the guards didn't think twice...and that led to the deaths of many innocent people.

Tragic all around.  :'(

It is a terrible thing especially for those left behind.

I heard the guy shot his way into the night club, told everyone they were going to die
then started shooting. Clip after clip of bullets..

A security officer did start shooting at him. I don't know if the man had body armor or if
the officer missed, but he then ran into a bath room finding several others hiding, and I heard
all but 6 of those were killed. They said he just kept shooting at people even though they were
laying on the floor apparently dead.

It takes someone that has no compassion for others to do something like this. Or someone
who has been conditioned to do it. That and perhaps a mind filled with hate. I also heard he
was abusive to his wife. That tells me he had strong beliefs about how he thought others should
behave.

Hopefully those who try to prevent these kind of attacks will learn something from this. Even
enough to stop one attack like this would be a very good thing.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2016, 07:09:35 pm »
Omar The Awful tried to purchase body armor and may have asked some suspiciously dumb questions in the attempt. The Disney security staff--according to commentator Mark Steyn--was 'casing' the theme park and was reported to authorities. He was also a regular at the Pulse club.

It is also known that he phoned the authorities to report his rampage in progress. This is supposed to be a requirement of Jihad. Infidels are infidels, and the gay bar was merely a more convenient target than Disney--a gun-free zone in a "carry" state with limited identifiable security.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)