Author Topic: Pentagon lets transgender people join military.  (Read 2027 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Pentagon lets transgender people join military.
« on: June 30, 2016, 03:08:17 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/30/politics/transgender-ban-lifted-us-military/index.html

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm kinda "undecided" at the moment. All I can say for now is that if transgender people are going to be in the military, you better train and fight just like everybody else. No exceptions.  >:(

Offline Kaiden

• Species: Acinonyx Jubatus (Cheetah)
  • Male
Re: Pentagon lets transgender people join military.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 03:33:10 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/30/politics/transgender-ban-lifted-us-military/index.html

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm kinda "undecided" at the moment. All I can say for now is that if transgender people are going to be in the military, you better train and fight just like everybody else. No exceptions.  >:(

Hilarious that you should say that last part, when I know a straight woman who cried her way through training.

Believe it or not, military training isn't that hardcore unless you're trying  for the seals, or something more elite.

Gender and sexuality aside, if you wish to join, do so.
Just don't expect any respect if I find out you cried your way out of having to do PT.

You seem to have a lot of interest in the trans community, might you be trans by chance? Just curious.
Every now and then...

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 03:38:12 pm »
Why should being transgender stop you from joining the military if you are capable? Why is this even an issue?

Gender should have NOTHING to do with it.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 03:53:04 pm »
You seem to have a lot of interest in the trans community, might you be trans by chance? Just curious.

I browse CNN every day looking for various stuff to read. I noticed this topic as a major headline on the CNN front page today and thought it might interest furries to comment on. No, I'm not trans. But trans, gay, bi, etc. issues seem to resonate a lot with furries since a large portion of the furry fandom is gay and such.

Offline Beag L. Howler

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 11:39:57 pm »
I'm trans but personally I really don't care about this news. I mean, sure, if you wanna die for our country, go ahead, I'll cheer for you, just like I would anyone else in the military.

Offline Yip

• Species: vulpes vulpes
  • Female
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 12:08:11 pm »
Gender should have NOTHING to do with it.
I agree. It should be based on your ability to do the job. In fact, I think there are very few areas of life where things like gender and sex should matter; as long as you are able/qualified for whatever it is, that should be enough.  There are enough real barriers in life without creating artificial ones.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 12:35:23 pm »
According to the news I understand there are many transgender people already in the
military. It's just they don't have to hide it any more.

Like gays I doubt if one could spot many of them by how they act or work. I imagine they
wish to serve the country like anyone else would. We should be proud of anyone who is willing
to risk life and limb in servvice of our country. In spite of how they look, feel, or dress.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 12:37:17 pm by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 06:25:45 pm »
All I can say for now is that if transgender people are going to be in the military, you better train and fight just like everybody else. No exceptions.  >:([/color]

Do you want me to explain to you how unbelievably ignorant you sound or would you like to clarify your statement?

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 10:54:12 pm »
All I can say for now is that if transgender people are going to be in the military, you better train and fight just like everybody else. No exceptions.  >:([/color]

Do you want me to explain to you how unbelievably ignorant you sound........No.

or would you like to clarify your statement?   No, not really.  :P

Offline Dusty

• Male
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2016, 09:29:39 am »
All I can say for now is that if transgender people are going to be in the military, you better train and fight just like everybody else. No exceptions.  >:(

Why wouldn't they?

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2016, 02:53:42 pm »
I don't know why gender or lackthereof should have even been an issue preventing people from doing anything really. Its really stupid.

Also I should hope everyone goes through the training.......
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/