Author Topic: Is Trumps presidency his to loose?  (Read 2143 times)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Is Trumps presidency his to loose?
« on: August 06, 2016, 12:47:55 pm »
Over the past two weeks we have seen Trump go from about even with Clinton to
perhaps down by 15 points.

Wither you love him or hate him, it appears if he looses the election it will be mostly
due to his own big mouth.  What worked for him in the primaries will likely not work
in the general election. No more speaking only to the base of the party, but to the
people of the country as a whole.

I know the some of the major news outlets tend to support Clinton, but it's Trumps
own words that are causing consternation for the GOP leadership.

If he doesn't get his act together he my suffer the biggest loss since Barry Goldwater.
in 1964 against LBJ.

I haven't any link to a news report n this subject, but it's the general consensus of the
news I watch. MSNBC They invite GOP leaders and supporters, and allow them to speak
their mind.  And they do.  I have seen many hot debates on the show.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Yip

• Species: vulpes vulpes
  • Female
    • Furaffinity
Re: Is Trumps presidency his to loose?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 04:11:48 pm »
Honestly, I'm surprised Trump has made it as far as e has with some of the stuff he says.  I think for the general election, the biggest thing Trump has going is that H Clinton doesn't seem to be very liked either.

(Also, 'lose' has one 'o')

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 12:13:55 am »
It's unfortunate that trump isn't his own phenomenon. There are people just as brash and unhealthy as he is all over Europe. With followers. Recent terrorist attacks along with  fast changes has pushed masses into 'patriotism'. With the same self destructive "us against them' messages. Trump can 'tell it like it is' because he's riding on fear and resistance to change. The "I want my country back" and "Back to when we were great" message. Both of which were started by the republican party via fox news network immediately after President Obama's election.

I'm personally enjoying the fact the trump is tearing apart the republican party. I think most of them have seen the results of their propaganda and rhetoric. They have created a rift for the sake of power. Now this rift is threatening to redirect America's corse. If trump does get elected the republicans  propaganda will be self fulfilling. And self destructive. Unfortunately both history and psychology have proven that people self justify their actions. Any actions inspired by a leader.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 11:24:18 am »
There Trump goes again. If one of us had emplied what he said to the
second amendment people might do. We probably would be interrogated
by the secret service.

The Trump campain says. Oh it was only a joke, or he meant second amendment
supporters should vote to stop Clinton.. Say what they want. I listened to him. He
didn't say to them vote to stop her, but to stop her from appointing supreme court
judges if she was elected.

The whole business about her doing away with the second amendment is a lie. The
supreme court only interprets the constitution. They can't do away with amendments.

Trump should apologize for making such a remark, and say under no circumstances
should anyone use violence for political gain. We are not some third world country that
uses violence against political opponents..

oldrabbit.com

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 06:28:49 pm »
Trump is a joke in fact the entire republican party is a big joke.  Throwing tantrums when they don't get their way just like toddlers. But that's just my opinion sorry to the rep furs. But I really don't think Clinton is qualified to be president either. I mean she won't be bad but she won't be great either. I was way more impressed by Bernie Sanders but the voting system was rigged against him and that sucks!     

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 06:57:31 pm »
while both have their issues i think im leading towards wanting trump as president. he doesnt seem to have anything against firearms or "assault styled" firearms (i could just grab a bolt action rifle and throw on a fiberglass body, and it would be considered as dangerous as a AR-15, or an M4) i haven't really seen any large lies from trump (hillary lies about things the FBI are saying... while they are kinda sketchy i trust them more than hillary)

the biggest problems i see with trump is that it would be nice if he was a little more environmentalist... like laws that give you tax reductions of recycling, using cleaner energy sources, more money towards research and development of wind, hydro, solar, and nuclear power, ect.

as for the way trump talks i actually kinda like that. it's good that we might have a president that isnt afraid to offend someone... if he does go too far like taking away minorities' rights well... thats kinda our responsibility to not allow that to happen...

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 07:27:49 pm »
while both have their issues i think im leading towards wanting trump as president. he doesnt seem to have anything against firearms or "assault styled" firearms (i could just grab a bolt action rifle and throw on a fiberglass body, and it would be considered as dangerous as a AR-15, or an M4) i haven't really seen any large lies from trump (hillary lies about things the FBI are saying... while they are kinda sketchy i trust them more than hillary)

the biggest problems i see with trump is that it would be nice if he was a little more environmentalist... like laws that give you tax reductions of recycling, using cleaner energy sources, more money towards research and development of wind, hydro, solar, and nuclear power, ect.

as for the way trump talks i actually kinda like that. it's good that we might have a president that isnt afraid to offend someone... if he does go too far like taking away minorities' rights well... thats kinda our responsibility to not allow that to happen...

So the only reasons you like Trump are because of guns and the way he talks?  :o That's pathetic.  :P If you read all the arguments I made about Trump in this thread:
http://forums.furtopia.org/news-forum/donald-trump-worst-candidate-for-president/
.........you'd see Trump is 10x more the liar and worse for being President than what Clinton is.  >:(

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 09:17:04 pm »
the way he talks is kind annoying all im saying is that imo he's better than hillary

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 10:07:53 pm »
But in what way is he better?

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 03:51:14 am »
i havent seen trump have stress/anxiety fits (seen quite a few videos of hillary acting very strange)

trump will likely have less money going to things like welfare/paying people without jobs/helping the poor. (iv got nothing against the poor, and there is a chance that ill be like that in the future. though in the rare chance that i do manage to be successful i dont want lazy people to be taking the money i make from my hardwork and my creativity.)
iv had alot of experience with poor/homeless people so i can say that a very large amount of them are druggies/bad people. while not all are bad imo its better to not support anyone then to support the good people but the bad at the same time.
when it comes to my tax dollars i'd like them to only go towards military, science/research, infrastructure, emergency services, ect. i do not want to be paying for other people who i dont even know. (if i saw someone with potential, there is no doubt i'd try to help them. but i want to the be one who determines if that person is worth my help)

then there are firearms. me being a pretty paranoid person, and not trusting of most people i'd like to own a firearm for the purpose of self defense (either as a concealed weapon permit or hidden somewhere in my car/home) and with someone like hillary i fear that something like that would be far harder to get (im fine with the back ground checks/mental health tests, but she seems very anti-firearms) then there is the purpose of owning a firearm for entertainment (shooting targets/getting the excitement of owning a nice looking gun) while i would like to own a full auto weapon the furthest ill likely get is a semi (im fine with that) will likely want an AR-15 like weapon. though the problem with that is even though the AR-15 is barely anything someone like hillary will likely want that gun banned.

there is also the syrian refugees. while i know not all are bad i dont want to risk what is going on in europe to be happening in the US. if they are allowed in i dont want any of my tax dollars going to them.

i can likely type up more stuff but i think these are most of my main ideas/reasons. some may be incorrect with some stuff, im dont think so though, just saying that if wrong in anything i type, i will accept correction with proper evidence.

(still the firearms argument heavily effects my support of hillary, since if i could get my hands on one i'd love to have a functioning tank with a turret)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2016, 11:58:26 am »
Seems many peoples vision of others is colored by what they wish to see. Not so much
by the evidence. At first I kind of thought Trump might be good for our country. He speaks
his peace, and doesn't let Political correctness get in the way of how how he talks. He even
said he would pay for his own campaign.

Now we know he lies at the drop of a hat. Wishes to spread nucular weopons around the world.
Destroy military alliances we have had for decades. Fails to pay his debts, Reminds me of a
Con artist or used car salesmen that claims a car is good even though it's about to fall
apart..  Oh and now he wants US to pay for his campaign instead of him.

Though his democrat opponent has her problems with trust. Most of that has been generated
by the politics of the GOP. That's not only me saying it, but one of the leaders of the GOP admitted they were trying to destroy her politically to win the White House and proud of it. They have been
spending millions of tax payer dollars to do so. One congressional committee after another, though
they all came up with no proof she did anything illegle. Somehow I think if there was evidence to
prosecute her of anything they would have found it, with smiles all around.

Gun owners should want background checks for those who buy weopons. To see if they are
mentally stable, or have been involved with crime. Any simi-automatic rifle with a large
magazine is a killing machine. I imagine some feel they need these types of weopon to
protect themselves and family in case the government collapses. Well they better have
a huge supply of amo, food and water to go along with them. As there will be mobs of
people grabbing everything they can. It wil be dog eat dog, and one gun won't stop
them for long. So having a safe place to hide till most eveyone kills each other is likely
the best protection of all.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 12:17:11 pm by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2016, 05:32:38 pm »
Trump is a madman and Clinton is shady.

I'm insane.  Don't vote for me.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2016, 05:55:05 pm »
I'm insane.  Don't vote for me.

Don't worry. I won't.  :P  :P  :P

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2016, 05:59:15 pm »
I want to say i'm discouraged to the point where i don't even care who wins anymore.  But i can't say that.  Trump scares me.  And the fact that he seems to have any chance of winning at all is downright terrifying.

Offline Chipper Blu-wolf

• Species: timber wolf
  • Spending too much on media
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2016, 08:49:53 pm »
Trump would be doing better if he kept his mouth shut, but that's not his style, so he'll do himself in because there are so many out there that would never vote for him.  Same goes for Clinton for that matter because she's considered untrustworthy, so it comes down to who has less of their party sit at home and not vote at all.  Might be a record low turnout of people that won't vote because they can't stand either major candidate.  Libertarian, Green Party???  If people are angry enough, maybe Gary Johnson will get 10% and get on to the debate stage.
Its best to eat a balanced diet with a cookie in each paw!

Offline Robert_Silvermyst

• Species: Archangel Wolf
  • High King of Furgasta
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2016, 05:48:15 pm »
If the media would actually give an ear to the Green and Libertarian parties, both of these clowns would probably not even have double-digit numbers. Trump can't help but say the wrong things at the wrong time, and Hillary is about as trustworthy as a starving croc tasked with guarding a tent full of venison. But the problem is the media won't give any 'outsiders' a voice. If you aren't democrat or republican, you aren't 'worth listening to' in the media's eyes. They're all about the ratings, not the facts.

Offline Chipper Blu-wolf

• Species: timber wolf
  • Spending too much on media
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2016, 05:51:33 pm »
I couldn't have said it better; join the party or stay home.  We need a viable third-party candidate badly to show how polarizing Trump and Clinton are. 
Its best to eat a balanced diet with a cookie in each paw!