Author Topic: Donald Trump elected 45th President of the United States  (Read 7696 times)

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
Re: Donald Trump elected 45th President of the United States
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2016, 05:28:43 am »

Offline Dusty

• Male
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2016, 05:37:20 am »
well the reason i support trump is because he isnt all about this politically correct, and diversity stuff. i am also kinda a big fan of firearms (the "assault weapons" type) and if hillary became president those will likely become banned.

as for immigration trump is mostly targeting muslims, and illegal immigrants. while his policies might make things more difficult sciex is already having alot of trouble getting into the US and it seems like the only chance for us to be together is for him to get a reasonable degree and find a good job in America, or a marriage visa (both i doubt trump's policies will have much effect on)

as for being a same sex couple i doubt trump will cause much problems with that. we dont plan to adopt or anything so that doesnt bother us, gay marriage is going to be pretty difficult to get rid of and likely won't be removed, its unlikely that we will be turned down for jobs since one of the options for him to get here is a reasonable college degree (we live in cali atm so most places dont even care), if we get refused service from a place we will likely not even want to go there, ect.

only thing i worry about is it becoming more difficult for him to visit, though that is pretty difficult already due to a mistake of my dad/attorney we spoke to.

even though i hate hillary if sciex could have gotten here sooner i would have chose her as president. goes against what i believe is right, and i wouldnt want to force hillary presidency on everyone, but if i had the choice knowing sciex could get here i'd chose her (though i'd end up hating my self for several decades) of course if i could chose the outcome of the election trump/trump supporters would likely put in tons of help to get sciex here and then i would chose him as president for the sake of him having better seeming policies

But the VP-elect, Mike Pence, is notoriously against pretty much anything protecting gays and other minorities. He shut down the only HIV testing centre in an entire county when he was governor and inadvertently caused an outbreak of the virus in his state. He wants to repeal scrapping don't ask/don't tell, and when he was running for congress in 2000 he literally wanted to ban homosexuals from serving in the military. He opposed Obama's transgender bathroom directive. He wants Roe vs. Wade dead and buried. He even wanted to divert funds from programs aimed at preventing HIV/AIDS and put them into organisations which try to help people 'become straight' through conversion therapy. Dude's a legit monster. Trump picked him and you're not worried about your rights?

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2016, 05:49:57 am »
again gay marriage is all ready allowed i doubt that will go away.

as for HIV prevention i dont really care about that at all. making stupid decisions like just going out with anyone should be pretty obvious that its a bad idea. i highly doubt i have HIV, and ill likely stay healthy from anything like that till my death. i dont plan to be going out with random other guys, and ill remain faithful to my partner till my death so the only other way would be if i am trying to save someone who is injured.

HIV is a simple thing to stay away from. dont be an idiot, and you will likely be fine.

as for banning homosexuals from the military i guess that just means i cant get drafted into any wars i dont want. as for the transgender bathroom bill i dont really have much care for that either (many places already have gender neutral bathrooms, if your place doesnt then move) as for the abortion thing (roe vs wade) again dont be an idiot, be careful and you will likely be fine. as for the conversion therapy again dont be an idiot and go to that thing, as long as it isnt forced on anyone i dont really care.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2016, 05:55:33 am »
So... Unless it directly affects you, you don't care?

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2016, 06:02:13 am »
But the VP-elect, Mike Pence, is notoriously against pretty much anything protecting gays and other minorities. He shut down the only HIV testing centre in an entire county when he was governor and inadvertently caused an outbreak of the virus in his state. He wants to repeal scrapping don't ask/don't tell, and when he was running for congress in 2000 he literally wanted to ban homosexuals from serving in the military. He opposed Obama's transgender bathroom directive. He wants Roe vs. Wade dead and buried. He even wanted to divert funds from programs aimed at preventing HIV/AIDS and put them into organisations which try to help people 'become straight' through conversion therapy. Dude's a legit monster. Trump picked him and you're not worried about your rights?
I recently learned about all the stuff about Mike Pence today.

My political views personally do not align with my boyfriends as I see the wider issues. You need HIV testing as it is a critical health service. You want to identify those who have it, start treatment and stop it from spreading. Homosexuality should not be treated as a disease and there is no need for conversion therapy. If people have issues with their sexuality they need counseling not barbaric electroshock therapy. Gay people should have the freedom to serve in the military and they should not have to keep their sexuality a secret.

Mike Pence is definitely a monster.

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2016, 06:04:56 am »

people with HIV should have expected it. not saying they deserve the disease/should be punished for their decisions, just its very simple to stay away from it.

as for military well in that case i feel bad for those who want to serve in the military but wouldnt be able to, and would be against that. just for me thats one benefit. (also they could become cops instead of soldiers. helping keep our country safe seems like a better idea) and i doubt they will not be allowed into the military.

as for the transgender bill i dont really see much of a reason to argue for it or against it that much. and again many places do have some separated gender neutral rooms, if not then why would you even want to be in an area where people dont support you? same thing sorta applies for the abortion thing too.

would like to state that i dont like mike pence either. just saying they dont seem like major issues, and its unlikely they will happen.

Offline Dusty

• Male
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2016, 06:36:58 am »

people with HIV should have expected it. not saying they deserve the disease/should be punished for their decisions, just its very simple to stay away from it.

as for military well in that case i feel bad for those who want to serve in the military but wouldnt be able to, and would be against that. just for me thats one benefit. (also they could become cops instead of soldiers. helping keep our country safe seems like a better idea) and i doubt they will not be allowed into the military.

as for the transgender bill i dont really see much of a reason to argue for it or against it that much. and again many places do have some separated gender neutral rooms, if not then why would you even want to be in an area where people dont support you? same thing sorta applies for the abortion thing too.

would like to state that i dont like mike pence either. just saying they dont seem like major issues, and its unlikely they will happen.

But it does effect you. Trump has said repeatedly that he wants to appoint conservative judges to the supreme court. If he does so, rulings made in the past could be overturned such as the one that legalised gay marriage.  Like he's literally said how committed he is to having it overturned.

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2016, 06:42:55 am »
if that ever happened im pretty sure many people in the US will get really pissed off, and that would cause lots of problems (so logically its a stupid idea)

if trump really did say that then thats another thing i disagree with. though if you dont like the states that wouldnt allow marriage move to one that does. (hopefully people would assist in that move though)

one thing to know about the things i say they usually require people to work together to a common goal. so yes there are many bad things, but when i talk about the solutions to them/why they dont matter i am expecting people who want similar things to be supportive to others instead of just staying out of the way. (and again i am willing to actually help people but the problem is atm i am in a position where i need help, so as annoying as it may be i cant do anything to help without jeopardizing my future, likely leading to me helping less people)

also many things that trump said might just be strategies used by him to get popular. im dont know what his complete plan is but to me it seems like he wants to focus on immigration, economy, and foreign relations more than something like gay marriage. i disagree with many of his view, though i just dont see these views having any conflict atm since there are larger and more important things to deal with.

Offline Dusty

• Male
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2016, 07:00:13 am »
if that ever happened im pretty sure many people in the US will get really pissed off, and that would cause lots of problems (so logically its a stupid idea)

But that's the sort of platform he was running on and he got in on it. Surely a lot of people would be happy about him appointing a whole slew of conservatives to the supreme court as the current lot retire and overturning those sorts of rulings. Why wouldn't he go ahead and do what he said he'd do?

one thing to know about the things i say they usually require people to work together to a common goal. so yes there are many bad things, but when i talk about the solutions to them/why they dont matter i am expecting people who want similar things to be supportive to others instead of just staying out of the way. (and again i am willing to actually help people but the problem is atm i am in a position where i need help, so as annoying as it may be i cant do anything to help without jeopardizing my future, likely leading to me helping less people)

Well the thing is you're a whole lot less likely to get what you want with a government entirely dominated by the GOP if you're LGBT.

also many things that trump said might just be strategies used by him to get popular. im dont know what his complete plan is but to me it seems like he wants to focus on immigration, economy, and foreign relations more than something like gay marriage. i disagree with many of his view, though i just dont see these views having any conflict atm since there are larger and more important things to deal with.

Why risk it? Why would you vote for someone running on a horribly xenophobic, homophobic platform just on the off chance they're gonna mellow out? And why would you ever support, let alone vote for him, if you don't even really understand what he's trying to do?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 07:10:52 am by Dusty »

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2016, 07:15:53 am »
well again he will likely me more busy/focused on other things.

and yes you are less likely to get what you want with a gov that doesnt agree with you, thats why people who agree with each other should help each other out without directly involving the government (for example offering someone to stay at your place after they get kicked out of their place for what ever bad reason they were kicked out for) while that example might not be a good idea since that person may just be taking advantage of you if people group together they could form a system/community to help out people who seem trustworthy, and stay away from someone who isnt desirable. there are many issues that will need to be ironed out in this idea, but hell its been an idea iv had in my head for awhile but im not doing any planing for it to become a thing.

like i have said before stop relying on the government to fix/take care of everything. we need to work together for what we want, not just sit around complaining that they arent helping out when we could be setting up/organizing things that will help.

also i didnt vote for him. first of all i have no idea how to even vote, 2nd i dont have time to vote dealing with other things in my life. though i would still pick him since like i said in the beginning of this post he has more important things to work on than the issue of gay marriage. there is a chance he will not do anything about it, and i feel that its a pretty high chance since there are more issues.

Offline Dusty

• Male
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2016, 07:24:02 am »
But it's part of his job to nominate folk for the supreme court. There's even a vacancy now with Scalia dying. When the next one goes he can appoint another. And then it'll just keep going like that. He can load it with as many as circumstances allow. And he's explicitly said that he'd really like the gay marriage ruling overturned.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2016, 08:48:13 am »
Greywolf - You say it's easy to avoid HIV and people who don't are being stupid.

What about those who are victims of sexual assault by an infected person? Or attacks with infected weapons? Infected blood transfusions? Babys born to infected mothers? Those who fell in love with and were in a committed relationship with someone who was unaware of or who lied about their HIV status?

You're tarring a lot of people with the same flawed assumption and suggesting they are fools and shouldn't have help. It is NOT always as simple as you mistakenly assume.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2016, 09:00:25 am »
@loc that is why i said they are likely fine. in those cases you listen the individual should be helped/treated and i have no problem with my tax dollars going towards that, its just when people are stupid/idiots (i have little hope in humanity so i assume that bad decisions/carelessness is the most likely cause)

Offline Dusty

• Male
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2016, 09:08:56 am »
Greywolf - You say it's easy to avoid HIV and people who don't are being stupid.

What about those who are victims of sexual assault by an infected person? Or attacks with infected weapons? Infected blood transfusions? Babys born to infected mothers? Those who fell in love with and were in a committed relationship with someone who was unaware of or who lied about their HIV status?

You're tarring a lot of people with the same flawed assumption and suggesting they are fools and shouldn't have help. It is NOT always as simple as you mistakenly assume.

Plus, people make mistakes. We all do. And people who make the kinds of mistakes that lead to terrible illnesses like that deserve sympathy and support because their reality is a terrifying one. To tell them no strikes me as a horrible thing to do.

Offline Holt5

• Species: Artistic theologian-philosopher
  • Male
    • My home base!
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2016, 10:07:51 am »
So...I did read through and look at this thread here and you know what it reminds me of? A bunch of people with propoganda and a sandwich sign on them shouting "IT'S THE END TIMES! IT'S THE END TIMES!!!" Y'know....kind of like when Obama got elected...And eight years of his presidency and policy later we're still here!

Honestly, people really need to calm down. Everyone says every new president in the modern day will be the end but lo and behold we survived all of them...I don't see Trump as being much different from any of them in that sense.

Thank you for speaking my mind, good sir!
"If you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you will end up not doing anything for anybody." - Malcolm Bane

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2016, 11:15:08 am »
welp.. here comes a wall of text.

In some cases a mistake is understandable but like i have stated before my faith in humanity is very very little so unless the person seems desirable to take care of I dont want any of my tax dollars to go to them. This is very impractical so it will not happen, just its my reason to have some lack of care about the testing/treatment centers. Ignorance (not getting tested/being careful) is no reason to increase your chance of harming/negatively effecting someone else, think before you do things, if you dont you are just carelessly harming others.

I'd love it if someone would prove that there is still some good in other people. Iv seen small actions that give me some hope, though the Closest person to have restored it would be my partner but there are some issues going on, and the distance is making it very difficult to work them out.

In my head I am kinda placing a little blame on everyone for the issues with immigration. Though i place most of the blame on those who stay here illegally, those who act all defensive form people's fears (middle east), those who defend illegal immigrants, ect. I am only asking for one thing in my life which is to be with my partner but thanks to the mess of a country we live in, which is caused by no one just shutting up and working together a significant amount.

Moving back to the topic of trump one thing I'd really like is the deportation of anyone here illegally. one of the things that made America great was that anyone could come in if they were willing to work with each other to build a country. There were hopes of great things like infrastructure/science development. Though all who support illegals and those that come here illegally that are not cooperating with our country is making the government respond with strict immigration laws. These people are causing/maintaining/protecting the problem that is so very close to destroy my life.

I myself had pretty big dreams about what I wanted to achieve later in life. Thought about helping other people when they are in need, thought about putting a quality game out there for a reasonable price for people to enjoy not for profit, thought about contributing to the development of humanity through assisting in technology testing, providing food/materials when needed, physical labor when needed, disaster relief, "motivational support" for those who are actually working on developing new things, and most important to me living with my partner, and enjoying our lives together. though with the way society has been treating me with school all those dreams are crushed.

even with all that my hopes were still up, though that was only due to the assistance of my partner. sadly my depression/anxiety/stress ended up harming our relationship badly (will keep further details private) at times it feels like we might end up separating, though with him being pretty much my last hope/faith in anything that will really not end well for me though it's his life. (he seems to still have that hope/faith/will so he has better chances than me)

this reason lead to us trying to have him immigrate to the US, which hopefully would allow us to rebuild the relationship but as you can tell in my recent posts that ended in a drastic failure. Now the thing is that would likely not have happened if it weren't for all those illegals, supporters, terrorist, people defending a religion heavily associated with terrorism, ect.

pretty much what im getting at here is that i dont want anyone else to get stuck in a similar situation as me, feeling that their life is almost over in a very painful way yet still physically alive is defiantly no way to live. while a large issue in my situation is personal/relationship related i believe that at least maybe the immigration part of the problem can be fixed by having trump. kick out all those who are not willing to cooperate with the rest of the United states. immigration system might be broken for a few years but hell you tear something completely down and then people can rebuild it.

suicide rates, and the amount of people depressed is far too high here, and while obama did get us out of the middle east i expect much more improvements in those 8 years. having a Hillary presidency seems as if it would just be another term or two of Obama (though maybe a war with russia) if anyone claims that this stuff takes time Obama was known to just executive order tons of things yet things are still horrible. after 8 years i expect far more to have been accomplished than what happened the past 8. this is one of the reasons why i feel that trying something new (trump) was a good thing.

3:39 am so there may or may not be a few errors

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2016, 12:39:22 pm »
Much has been said about Trump.  Wither we consider him good or bad
for the country we will have ot live with him for the next four years. I
doubt our friendly GOP would stoop to impeach him for anything.

I think he and the GOP may do much to harm the people and their
rights, but that's justmy opinon. We should give him all the rope he
needs to show who or what he is. Perhaps he will be a good president.
The GOP after six years of opposition to work may actually start doing
the job they were elected to do.

I fear however that minorities, women, and gays will suffer under a Trump
administration. Trump was elected because the GOP and others convince
the public that H.Clinton was a monster, a crook and a security risk over
someone we know did bad things to get rich. A man who was afraid to
show his tax returns for fear of what people might find out. Not counting
being a racist, and a womanizer.

He will be our president, and those who voted for him should be happy
to admit it. I am happy to say I didn't. I hope I don't have any excuse
to say I told you so in the future.

I agree there are better ways the government could help the poor and
disadvataged, but the GOP just wants to slash the aid instead of coming
up with a better system for aid or health care.

Rich people remind me of Marie Antoinette before the French revolution. She
said when told the people have no bread. "Let them eat cake." She ended
up loosing her head. Perhaps the GOP should take a lesson from that.

With hope we procceed. I hope all goes well for us all.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2016, 02:21:14 pm »

I don't actually support trump. I think he is an idiot.

Gee, the following below certainly gives the impression that you support him. ;)

Trump. He will make America even greater  :)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2016, 02:34:06 pm »
also i didnt vote for him. first of all i have no idea how to even vote, 2nd i dont have time to vote dealing with other things in my life.

@Graywolf:  You don't have to be a rocket scientist to learn how to vote and who to vote for. It doesn't take that much time or effort to go to a voting place and register to vote. Nor does it take that much time or effort to cast your ballot and use the voting machine. There are plenty of volunteers at the voting stations who can help answer any questions you have and show you how the machines work.

Historical quote:
"Choosing not to vote isn’t rebellion. It’s surrender."

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2016, 02:41:38 pm »
We should give him all the rope he
needs to show who or what he is.

I have no problem giving him a rope..........to hang himself with.  :goldpissed:

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2016, 04:37:53 pm »
So.......moving on. Anybody want to take any bets on who Trump will pick for all his Cabinet positions? Here's a rumored list of people who "might" be in various positions.
http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2016/11/politics/new-cabinet/

It's a pretty good bet that the following will happen:
a) No Democrats will be appointed to Trump's Cabinet team.
b) Only Republicans will be appointed to Cabinet positions.
c) Only Republicans who supported, endorsed, and were loyal to Trump will be appointed to Cabinet positions.

In short, it's all about favoritism.  :P
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 05:04:12 pm by Kobuk »

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2016, 10:24:43 pm »
All I can say with confidence is that I didn't vote for him, but I did vote, so I have a right to complain.  :P

I am not happy with Trump's outspoken behavior and impossible-to-keep promises, racist and sexist policies. If he doesn't learn how to keep his big mouth in check, he will definitely end up being impeached or, worse, assassinated. Otherwise, I expect his presidency to be a repeat of George W. Bush, a big divisive mess and a war to clean up afterward. Hoping the government officials will have some kind of sense and keep tabs on bigger issues like global warming and educating our nation, but I severely doubt it with a TV reality star as figurehead.

I think what is causing a lot of fear in people is the fact that we have no idea what Mr. Trump will do once he is in office. People with too much money and power for too long often abuse their power all too easily.

Fahrenheit 451 and 1984...here we come...
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2016, 10:33:12 pm »
Well, good luck on trying to impeach him.  :P I'd be willing to bet that any action taken to impeach Trump will be futile. The Republicans control the House and Senate. Trump is putting in power in his new Cabinet people that are close to him. There won't be a snowball's chance in hell of trying to get Trump out of office. And if we can, it'll take a miracle.

Here's an example of what it might take to impeach Hillary Clinton if she had become President.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/04/opinions/impeach-hillary-clinton-talk-is-wacky-opinion-amar/index.html

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2016, 10:43:30 pm »
Well, good luck on trying to impeach him.  :P I'd be willing to bet that any action taken to impeach Trump will be futile. The Republicans control the House and Senate. Trump is putting in power in his new Cabinet people that are close to him. There won't be a snowball's chance in hell of trying to get Trump out of office. And if we can, it'll take a miracle.

Here's an example of what it might take to impeach Hillary Clinton if she had become President.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/04/opinions/impeach-hillary-clinton-talk-is-wacky-opinion-amar/index.html

It may be almost impossible, but there is still a slim possibility it can happen.

Time will tell what will become of the USA with Trump as president. Hopefully a few scandals, no wars. We can elect a new president in four years, at least. So there is hope.

What I don't like about this election is just how divided and despairing the nation has become. I fear the currently peaceful protests will escalate into violence. I fear another civil war will take place if the divisiveness continues. In the extreme view, the USA will lapse into a dictatorship and our freedoms will be removed.

If the citizens continue to sit on their hands and refuse to voice their opinions and vote, and if the Electoral College remains in place, I foresee a very different America than what our Founding Fathers envisioned.

In many ways, we are no better than other countries around the world. Our decision to vote Trump into office is proof positive of this. Here's hoping history won't repeat itself...
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2016, 10:46:58 pm »
What I don't like about this election is just how divided and despairing the nation has become. I fear the currently peaceful protests will escalate into violence. I fear another civil war will take place if the divisiveness continues. In the extreme view, the USA will lapse into a dictatorship and our freedoms will be removed.

If the citizens continue to sit on their hands and refuse to voice their opinions and vote, and if the Electoral College remains in place, I foresee a very different America than what our Founding Fathers envisioned.

^ I feel the same as you do.