0 (0%)
Horrible
2 (6.7%)
Impeach him!
15 (50%)
No opinoin YET
2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Trump's Presidency, 2017-20??  (Read 10436 times)

Offline Rocco

• Species: German Shepherd
  • Male
Trump's Presidency, 2017-20??
« on: January 23, 2017, 03:30:48 pm »
This Presidency is the first time I've really been old enough to be interested in politics and not just follow what is presented to me as fact. Let's judge Trump. Not on what he has said or done, but how he does as POTUS. His executive orders, his leadership, his appointments, his deals, his words, everything after inauguration comes into play now. We are not judging Congress, just President Trump. I'm quite curious to see both if this thread can stay relevant and if so, see the change in opinion over his term as President. Poll will stay open as long as Trump is President, feel free to change your vote as many times as you like.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: Trump's Presidency, 2017-20??
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 04:07:20 pm »
The man is a sexist, racist monster.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Rocco

• Male
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 04:47:24 pm »
And before Hitler got into power he was an awesome guy. Even for a while during his early years people loved him. Past is past. Nothing we can do can change his Presidency. All I want to know is what people think of how he does as POTUS, mainly policy wise.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 04:59:01 pm »
I'll add the majority of my views sometime later. For now, I say Impeach the Bastard!  :goldpissed:

And if anybody votes "Best ever!", then I'm going to do my own form of "immigration policy" and kick that person out of the country with my size 11 boots.  >:(

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 05:00:15 pm »
His personality will bleed into his policies. He has already broken promises he made. He brands lies as "alternative facts". He has massive conflicts of interests between his personal and business dealings and his job as president. He lashes out at free speech. And who knows what is going on with him and Russia.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 06:30:19 pm »
i put amazing for the time being. hopefully i do not regret that though. (this is in comparison to other candidates/presidents)

-doesn't follow all of the political correctness stuff
-doesn't listen to those whiny social justice warriors
-wants to fix relations with Russia
-wants to move jobs back here/fix infrastructure

dislikes:
-his use of language could improve a little (though it is also entertaining so im not too sure where to put this)
-exaggerating many things
-wants to help out Christians (likely meaning that churches get to keep those tax free polices)
-his vp choice (though i dont blame him too much, place someone worse than you as next in line of presidency and people will be less likely to kill you.. though i doubt lost SJWs even realize that...)

ill add more if i think of any.

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 09:07:27 pm »
So far I think he's heading in the right direction, but only time will tell.

He just killed TPP (thank God), so that is a big step in the right direction.
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 10:07:09 pm »
Not even one week in office. Another problem. One of his cabinet members is under investigation for phone calls made to a Russian official.

First day in office. Lies to the American people. Continues his attack on the media. Lies again stating it was the media who said he had a problem with the CIA.

Count down to impeachment.

188 days.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 10:12:38 pm »
What would it really take to impeach Trump? Read here:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-set-impeachment-article-1.2950501

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 10:13:51 pm »
i put amazing for the time being. hopefully i do not regret that though. (this is in comparison to other candidates/presidents)

Haha, what? Political correctness and "whiny social justice warriors". Do you mean not being a terrible person? Jesus.

Offline Kaiden

• Species: Acinonyx Jubatus (Cheetah)
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 10:25:53 pm »
By the pricking of thy thumb, something evil this way comes.

Honestly I don't know enough about what he's done to make a judgement, because I tend to avoid politics (There are so many people involved that it seems almost pointless to partake in it).

I will say this though, I'm sure there is a learning curve to being a president and being in politics.

No opinion at this time, but I feel this thread is going to get ugly, fast.
Every now and then...

Offline Dusty

• Male
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 11:34:20 pm »
The man is a blusterous dunderhead. The fact that he got elected makes me extremely nervous about the direction the world is heading in.

dislikes:
-his use of language could improve a little (though it is also entertaining so im not too sure where to put this)
-wants to help out Christians (likely meaning that churches get to keep those tax free polices)
-his vp choice (though i dont blame him too much, place someone worse than you as next in line of presidency and people will be less likely to kill you.. though i doubt lost SJWs even realize that...)

Why do you care more about sticking it to SJWs than having intelligent and forward-thinking leadership for your nation?

Offline Rocco

• Male
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2017, 02:24:04 am »
You can say that again. I was hoping people, left and right, would actually put his past behind him and judge him from inauguration day on.

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2017, 02:27:54 am »
Far as  I can say he has not done one thing that is impeachable  While I  still  have a few issue he has done some good.

Calling  for  cancellation of Air force one  replacement for cost overruns, and studding  the effectiveness of the F-18 Super Hornet to the f-35. I hope he follows through  Somebody need to stand  up to the defense industry. While he is at it he needs to junk the DG- 1000 program and Boeing's Orion space craft. I also like him standing up to China.  I sick of  50 Years of China saying  jump over Taiwan and the US says how high.

His  trade and immigration policy are very problematic to me.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 02:29:52 am by Acton »

Offline Dusty

• Male
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2017, 04:24:22 am »
You can say that again. I was hoping people, left and right, would actually put his past behind him and judge him from inauguration day on.
The man himself makes it impossible to do so as he treats any criticism of him as some kind of personal insult and reacts as such. He's either not capable or not willing to separate himself from his profession.

His cabinet appointments are also hilariously poor.

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2017, 04:37:29 am »
Spoiler: show

dislikes:

Why do you care more about sticking it to SJWs than having intelligent and forward-thinking leadership for your nation?

well to a certain extent i do consider him intelligent/able to run this country better than hillary. i never said i care more about battling the sjw than actually having a functioning leadership

Haha, what? Political correctness and "whiny social justice warriors". Do you mean not being a terrible person? Jesus.

all that stuff makes terrible people. hell they are violent, creating messes, attacking people, destroying property, etc.  political correctness done correctly is useful and generally just part of proper manners but recently its become a restriction on freedom of speech. hell a few years ago i got in trouble at school for mentioning nazi germany because some racist jewish kid told on me, and just because he was jewish he got away with no punishment at all (just to make it clear iv got nothing against jewish people i dont know) also in today's world everyone will now yell at you if you say anything like how you dislike the way the majority of certain races/culture act in an area (for example if i say i dislike the way most African Americans act, it's highly likely that many people will yell at me for being racist)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2017, 06:42:54 am »
Lying to America isn't forward thinking.

So Trump supporters think he should not be held accountable for what he says. But the media should be chastised for reporting it.

So Trump supporters don't think he should be held accountable for ripping off thousands of Americans. ( trump university ) Being in power will make you  a better person. 

Countdown to impeachment.

187 days.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2017, 08:41:07 pm »
Let's judge Trump. Not on what he has said or done, but how he does as POTUS. His executive orders, his leadership, his appointments, his deals, his words, everything after inauguration comes into play now. We are not judging Congress, just President Trump.

Well, if we're going to judge Trump, then we need to look at everything he has done since becoming President on Inauguration Day last week. The below list is by no means complete. I'm sure I've probably missed a few things.

Trump's Inaugural Speech. Same hyperbole that he gave during his entire Pres. campaign and during the debates.  :P
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/20/politics/trump-inaugural-address/index.html

Trump suspends FHA mortgage rate cut.
http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/20/real_estate/trump-suspends-fha-premium-rate-cut/index.html

Trump puts freeze on all new or pending regulations.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/20/politics/reince-priebus-regulations-memo/index.html

Trump tells National Park Service to halt tweets of Inauguration Day crowd sizes. Really, Trump can do this? It's so beneath him.  :P
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/21/politics/trump-national-park-service-tweets/index.html?sr=fbCNN012117trump-national-park-service-tweets0718PMStoryLink&linkId=33642740

Trump says he is having "running war" with the media.
http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/21/media/donald-trump-war-with-the-media/index.html

Trump will not release his tax returns.  :o I was under the impression he said he would or that he "promised" he would if he became President?
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/22/politics/kellyanne-conway-trump-tax-returns/index.html

What the Trump administration has done so far.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/22/politics/trump-first-days-actions/index.html

Trump to advance controversial oil pipelines. If you take a look at a map in the link below, the pipeline goes through the northeastern tip of the Standing Rock Indian reservation. Can't the pipeline route be moved just a little bit more north or northeasternly so it didn't go through the reservation? If it did that, then maybe we wouldn't have as much protests and problems that we do now.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/24/politics/trump-keystone-xl-dakota-access-pipelines-executive-actions/index.html

Tracking Trump's promises.
http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/politics/tracking-trumps-promises/

Trump believes millions voted illegally, but doesn't provide proof.  :P
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/24/politics/wh-trump-believes-millions-voted-illegally/index.html

Trump administration orders news blackout at EPA.  :o So now the WH can order the banning of freedom of speech and press? Wow.
http://www.tmj4.com/news/national/trump-admin-orders-media-blackout-at-epa

Why does Donald Trump lie?
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/24/opinions/why-trump-lies-dantonio-opinion/index.html

What is an Executive Order?
http://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/mordecai-lee-discusses-executive-order

Donald Trump's thin skin. This speaks volumes about how DT acts.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/24/politics/trump-legitimacy-voter-fraud-inauguration-crowd/index.html
Michael D'Antonio, author of a recent book "The Truth About Trump" said the President's obsessive desire for recognition was on display through his long climb to prominence as a business tycoon.
"He absolutely has done this for his entire life -- going back to childhood when he had to tell people he was the best baseball player in New York state when baseball is something they keep records on and they can prove it's not true. He was raised by a very demanding father and his father did not tolerate anything but complete victory and success in everything that Donald did."

I could go on and on, but I'll stop for the moment. Suffice to say, I don't trust Trump. He is a perpetual liar. I don't know which is worse in this country: Donald Trump himself, or the people who supported him by buying into his lies and deceit.......hook, line, and sinker.  :P

I hope that when the time comes, that Congress and/or the American people will be able to stop him and his cohorts before anything gets worse. I really do hope that Donald Trump can be impeached.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-set-impeachment-article-1.2950501

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2017, 08:44:37 pm »

187 days.

Not sure I understand this, Cause? Care to explain?

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2017, 11:31:06 pm »
Basically it's a theory I've come up based on trumps behavior and cabinet. I don't think he will last more than 190 days in office before being impeached.

Trump is continuing to undermine America. Still claims millions voted illegally despite there being no evidence to support him.  The republican majority is complaining about it.  There is now double that other country leaders will have anything to do with him. Trust him or take him seriously.

186 days.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2017, 11:44:45 pm »
Basically it's a theory I've come up based on trumps behavior and cabinet. I don't think he will last more than 190 days in office before being impeached.

Trump is continuing to undermine America. Still claims millions voted illegally despite there being no evidence to support him.  The republican majority is complaining about it.  There is now double that other country leaders will have anything to do with him. Trust him or take him seriously.

186 days.

The only way Trump will get impeached is if he does something constitutionally wrong. And if he did, will the Republicans and/or the Democrats have the nerve and backbone to actually go through with the impeachment proceedings or will Trump threaten them somehow and they'll be too afraid of Trump's demeanor and attitude and back down?

Can a President stop an impeachment process? I have no doubt Trump would find some way to try. ;)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 11:46:57 pm by Kobuk »

Offline Dusty

• Male
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2017, 04:39:13 am »
well to a certain extent i do consider him intelligent/able to run this country better than hillary. i never said i care more about battling the sjw than actually having a functioning leadership

I don't understand this train of thought -- firstly, because we don't know what kind of government Hillary might have run -- and secondly, by all accounts the man hates reading (in one of the most paperwork-heavy jobs in the world!) and he spends a shockingly large amount of his time so far as president seething in front of the TV like some kind of spoilt child. He's a narcissist who says whatever he can to get what he wants, and if he doesn't he just blows up. Like, he just threatened to send in the feds to sort out Chicago because he claims things are out of control over there. He has no filter and he can't think things through rationally.

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2017, 10:52:19 am »
as for the hillary thing while we dont know what exactly hillary would do, the things she said that she would do (seemed serious to me),  imo are far worse than the things trump said (which to me didnt even seem serious)

as for the paper work sometimes people do things they hate if its for a cause they believe in. i am one example of that as i hate the idea of me working/being employed by someone else (i was planing on a career in indie game development), i hate high school and would rather drop out, i hate interacting with other people offline yet im going to be selling some of my possessions to get more money, im am likely to get a "normal" job, and i am likely going to pass high school; all this because its the only way i can get to my partner. while it may take a little time till i actually start doing this stuff, its something i hate yet im going to work hard on it because it leads to something i want/"believe in" this will likely be the same for trump if thats even true.

also as for the he hates reading article i skimmed it (do understand that i skimmed it so i didnt read everything) i didnt really see anything about him hating reading, all i saw was it saying he doesnt read much which in no way means he hates reading (i dont read much, but that doesnt mean i hate reading)
as for the spending time on tv thing that site seems very sketchy to me, and doesnt seem like it is a reliable source of information. hell when loading the page i got a few resolution/loading problems so that makes it seem a little more sketchy. plus the article doesnt really have any names of who said this stuff (again i skimmed this one)
ill refuse to believe that stuff is true until video/audio evidence (or any other substantial evidence) is provided of him getting overly upset privately (since i believe the way he acts on stage is just an act)

there are tons of people (SJWs) who just want to talk bad, and make stuff up about trump. hell these same people will likely call me out for being homophobic, discriminating, white supremacist, etc. (i do believe i have actually been called out on this stuff once or several times)

and like i said awhile ago lots of the stuff is likely just talk and we are going to have to wait until we see how things actually go.

also Chicago is out of control... those people just cant stop killing each other, and someone needs to force some order there. hell with the amount of deaths there enacting martial law until these people get some education/rehab would likely be the best idea. that place is a mess and someone really needs to clean it up.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2017, 01:07:15 pm »
If you like how the GOP feels about things he has done well in his first
few days. Most any GOP President would have signed most of the
exective orders Trump has so far.

Personally I feel he is shooting his self in the foot with all thes complaints
about how the election went, and crowds. Telling his press secretary to
lie, and even to complain that his man isn't being tough enough on the
press.

Now he is wanting total control over anything the government agencies he
appoints people to run.  Even to make gag orders to keep the people
working there from even posting normal information  online or to the press.

It's common for government workers to not be allowed to make political
comments, but to be told they can''t even do their job of providing data
to the public is showing Trump to be a dictator. I hope this isn't as bad
as it looks. If Trump requires them to post disinformation he will destroy
his self and those in his office.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Dusty

• Male
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2017, 05:00:10 pm »
as for the hillary thing while we dont know what exactly hillary would do, the things she said that she would do (seemed serious to me),  imo are far worse than the things trump said (which to me didnt even seem serious)

So you thought Trump's entire hateful, xenophobic platform was a joke? But that's what the people elected him on. All of his hateful rhetoric about building walls and cutting themselves off from the rest of the world, and his straight-up lies about bringing back all those long-dead factory jobs that just aren't economically feasible.

as for the paper work sometimes people do things they hate if its for a cause they believe in. i am one example of that as i hate the idea of me working/being employed by someone else (i was planing on a career in indie game development), i hate high school and would rather drop out, i hate interacting with other people offline yet im going to be selling some of my possessions to get more money, im am likely to get a "normal" job, and i am likely going to pass high school; all this because its the only way i can get to my partner. while it may take a little time till i actually start doing this stuff, its something i hate yet im going to work hard on it because it leads to something i want/"believe in" this will likely be the same for trump if thats even true.

But you aren't the supposed leader of the free world.

also as for the he hates reading article i skimmed it (do understand that i skimmed it so i didnt read everything) i didnt really see anything about him hating reading, all i saw was it saying he doesnt read much which in no way means he hates reading (i dont read much, but that doesnt mean i hate reading)

He shows all the signs of someone who doesn't like reading. Doesn't ever want to talk about books, is never seen reading them, wants extremely detailed, sensitive reports condensed down into a couple of pages; the only things he likes to read are things about him.

as for the spending time on tv thing that site seems very sketchy to me, and doesnt seem like it is a reliable source of information. hell when loading the page i got a few resolution/loading problems so that makes it seem a little more sketchy. plus the article doesnt really have any names of who said this stuff (again i skimmed this one)
ill refuse to believe that stuff is true until video/audio evidence (or any other substantial evidence) is provided of him getting overly upset privately (since i believe the way he acts on stage is just an act)

NY Magazine has been around for about fifty years so I doubt their website is sketchy. Web development is a pain in the rear and you have to cater for dozens of different browsers and resolutions. Sometimes even websites for well-established organisations can have some issues.

there are tons of people (SJWs) who just want to talk bad, and make stuff up about trump. hell these same people will likely call me out for being homophobic, discriminating, white supremacist, etc. (i do believe i have actually been called out on this stuff once or several times)

Is everyone who complains about Trump being a vile human being a social justice warrior?

Additionally, complaining about things like
also in today's world everyone will now yell at you if you say anything like how you dislike the way the majority of certain races/culture act in an area (for example if i say i dislike the way most African Americans act, it's highly likely that many people will yell at me for being racist)
is a surefire way to upset people, dude. That's a terrible thing to complain about. Even with using that 'most' qualifier people will see it as you generalising the behaviour of some minority group down to some racial stereotype.

and like i said awhile ago lots of the stuff is likely just talk and we are going to have to wait until we see how things actually go.

But it was the platform he ran on. It's what he said he'd do as president. You can't just pick out the things you liked about his platform whilst disregarding the rest of the stuff you don't like as 'talk' and things he's not gonna do.

also Chicago is out of control... those people just cant stop killing each other, and someone needs to force some order there. hell with the amount of deaths there enacting martial law until these people get some education/rehab would likely be the best idea. that place is a mess and someone really needs to clean it up.

Chicago didn't even have the highest murder rate in the US last year.

Also, he tweeted his threat out about five minutes after some statistics were aired on Bill O'Reilly. It's entirely possible that he literally watches TV, gets angry at it and then makes decisions based on what enrages him.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 06:47:38 pm by Dusty »