0 (0%)
Horrible
2 (6.7%)
Impeach him!
15 (50%)
No opinoin YET
2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Trump's Presidency, 2017-20??  (Read 10437 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Trump's Presidency, 2017-20??
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2017, 08:49:29 pm »
On Facebook, I saw the following (In quotes below.) that was posted by a person who had made a comment on the CNN Facebook page. I Googled a few items and came up with the following:
http://thehill.com/policy/finance/314991-trump-team-prepares-dramatic-cuts
https://thf-reports.s3.amazonaws.com/2016/BlueprintforBalance.pdf

I am not particuarly happy that funding will be cut and/or completely removed for the following:  >:(
Corporation For Public Broadcasting
National Endowment For The Arts
National Endowment For The Humanities

I haven't been able to "fact check" a lot of the stuff yet, but if anybody wants to help, then you're welcome to. ;)

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the DOJ’s Violence Against Women programs.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the National Endowment for the Arts.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the National Endowment for the Humanities.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Minority Business Development Agency.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Economic Development Administration.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the International Trade Administration.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Manufacturing Extension Partnership.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Office of Community Oriented Policing Services.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Legal Services Corporation.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Civil Rights Division of the DOJ.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Environmental and Natural Resources Division of the DOJ.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Overseas Private Investment Corporation.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Office of Electricity Deliverability and Energy Reliability.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Office of Fossil Energy.

* On January 20th, 2017, DT ordered all regulatory powers of all federal agencies frozen.

* On January 20th, 2017, DT ordered the National Parks Service to stop using social media after RTing factual, side by side photos of the crowds for the 2009 and 2017 inaugurations.

* On January 20th, 2017, roughly 230 protestors were arrested in DC and face unprecedented felony riot charges. Among them were legal observers, journalists, and medics.

* On January 20th, 2017, a member of the International Workers of the World was shot in the stomach at an anti-fascist protest in Seattle. He remains in critical condition.

* On January 21st, 2017, DT brought a group of 40 cheerleaders to a meeting with the CIA to cheer for him during a speech that consisted almost entirely of framing himself as the victim of dishonest press.

* On January 21st, 2017, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer held a press conference largely to attack the press for accurately reporting the size of attendance at the inaugural festivities, saying that the inauguration had the largest audience of any in history, “period.”

* On January 22nd, 2017, White House advisor Kellyann Conway defended Spicer’s lies as “alternative facts” on national television news.

* On January 22nd, 2017, DT appeared to blow a kiss to director James Comey during a meeting with the FBI, and then opened his arms in a gesture of strange, paternal affection, before hugging him with a pat on the back.

* On January 23rd, 2017, DT reinstated the global gag order, which defunds international organizations that even mention abortion as a medical option.

* On January 23rd, 2017, Spicer said that the US will not tolerate China’s expansion onto islands in the South China Sea, essentially threatening war with China.

* On January 23rd, 2017, DT repeated the lie that 3-5 million people voted “illegally” thus costing him the popular vote.

* On January 23rd, 2017, it was announced that the man who shot the anti-fascist protester in Seattle was released without charges, despite turning himself in.

* On January 24th, 2017, Spicer reiterated the lie that 3-5 million people voted “illegally” thus costing DT the popular vote.

* On January 24th, 2017, DT tweeted a picture from his personal Twitter account of a photo he says depicts the crowd at his inauguration and will hang in the White House press room. The photo is of the 2009 inauguration of 44th President Barack Obama, and is curiously dated January 21st, 2017, the day AFTER the inauguration and the day of the Women’s March, the largest inauguration related protest in history.

* On January 24th, 2017, the EPA was ordered to stop communicating with the public through social media or the press and to freeze all grants and contracts.

* On January 24th, 2017, the USDA was ordered to stop communicating with the public through social media or the press and to stop publishing any papers or research. All communication with the press would also have to be authorized and vetted by the White House.

* On January 24th, 2017, HR7, a bill that would prohibit federal funding not only to abortion service providers, but to any insurance coverage, including Medicaid, that provides abortion coverage, went to the floor of the House for a vote.

* On January 24th, 2017, DT ordered the resumption of construction on the Dakota Access Pipeline, while the North Dakota state congress considers a bill that would legalize hitting and killing protestors with cars if they are on roadways.

* On January 24th, 2017, it was discovered that police officers had used confiscated cell phones to search the emails and messages of the 230 demonstrators now facing felony riot charges for protesting on January 20th, including lawyers and journalists whose email accounts contain privileged information of clients and sources.

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2017, 09:13:12 pm »
Trump wants to declare a presidential mandate to investigate voter fraud. In his own words.
"I can garnets you. None of the votes for me were fraudulent. Only the votes for Hillary."
Trump is a sick individual that should have never been allowed to run for office.

Now the justus department is saying no. They will not investigate without evidence. The CIA and FBI are also questioning Trumps motives. Both Dems and Reps are questioning trumps motives. Neither party wants any part of this. By now there should be news of contacts between the new president and leaders from around the world. None have been reported. Other than the continual investigation between trumps cabinet member and the Russian ambassador.

184 days till impeachment.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2017, 11:44:10 pm »
So you thought Trump's entire hateful, xenophobic platform was a joke? But that's what the people elected him on. All of his hateful rhetoric about building walls and cutting themselves off from the rest of the world, and his straight-up lies about bringing back all those long-dead factory jobs that just aren't economically feasible.
i haven't really heard anything hateful/xenophobic stuff from trump. lets see the wall.. that's to stop ILLEGAL immigrants from entering America easily. i don't care what anyone else says those people are bad people since they are just skipping the line and jumping into America when other people try very hard to get here, then they start feeding off welfare without even paying taxes. deport all of them (unless they are willing to comply with the process to become a citizen, and pay taxes) those people have screwed up my life so i hope they get kicked out, and never come back unless they follow the rules everyone follows. as for the Chinese he just talks about cutting off reliance on Chinese corporations/factories.
as for the factory jobs last time i checked car manufacturing, metal working, etc. are still a thing. while we might not be getting as rich off it as the Chinese we have better environmental standards, and better working conditions.
But you aren't the supposed leader of the free world.
He shows all the signs of someone who doesn't like reading. Doesn't ever want to talk about books, is never seen reading them, wants extremely detailed, sensitive reports condensed down into a couple of pages; the only things he likes to read are things about him.
NY Magazine has been around for about fifty years so I doubt their website is sketchy. Web development is a pain in the rear and you have to cater for dozens of different browsers and resolutions. Sometimes even websites for well-established organizations can have some issues.
wth does this have to do with anything? so what if I'm the president or just some random kid as long as i get the job done correctly, and on time does it really matter if i like doing something or not?
again i show signs of someone who doesn't like reading yet that doesn't mean i dislike reading. "extremely detailed" reports can likely be condensed into a few pages if you remove all the pointless filler words, and useless information. maybe just like me he is tired off all the irrelevant/pointless stuff in the reports and he just wants to know whats wrong, how bad is it, how long has this been going on, etc? I'm pretty sure that these reports are filled with stuff like that, because that type of writing is all they teach in school so its likely used everywhere.

somewhat understandable yet the design of the website still seems a little sketchy to me, other than that they are still missing their sources, and actual proof of such things
Is everyone who complains about Trump being a vile human being a social justice warrior? Additionally, complaining about things like
also in today's world everyone will now yell at you if you say anything like how you dislike the way the majority of certain races/culture act in an area (for example if i say i dislike the way most African Americans act, it's highly likely that many people will yell at me for being racist)
is a surefire way to upset people, dude. That's a terrible thing to complain about. Even with using that 'most' qualifier people will see it as you generalizing the behavior of some minority group down to some racial stereotype.
no not everyone who complains about trump is an SJW, hell i complain about him (I'm mostly annoyed about his dislike for environmental protection, but taking care of the environment is our responsibility... the government can help a little but i place most of the blame on civilians) and I'd like him to stop with the exaggerations.

that's why i said in a certain area. generalizing a whole race across the earth/country is improper, generalizing a race in a city is ok to me. lets see i drive into a neighborhood in Chicago and lock my doors.. there I'm "racist" because it just so happens a lot of the crime there is from African Americans. generalizing is an important thing to do since it gives you an idea how how you should act, or how careful you should be in a certain area based on your surroundings though in no way does that mean you should be disrespectful about it.

also it just so happens that stereotypes are true most of the time (or at least from my experience) hell pretty much all my experiences with African Americans within San Francisco-San Jose-LA-Oakland-Fremont are the same as those stereotypes. pretty much everyone of that skin color was sitting on the street homeless, running around swearing at each other, getting high out in public, littering/making a mess, etc. luckily i had a half African American friend years ago, seen many property acting/clothed ones (less than the others), and just have common sense that they are not all like that. but with the evidence/data iv been provided i feel its safe to assume that while not all, but most of the younger African Americans in these areas are sketchy.

is this racist? no it inst. racism is a blind hatred towards a race for their skin color/origin. i use the way people look to get an idea of how i should act, and what i should watch out for to keep my self safe. if people didn't generalize its likely there would be far more people getting killed/hurt/robbed, and possible there would be far more hate between people 
But it was the platform he ran on. It's what he said he'd do as president. You can't just pick out the things you liked about his platform whilst disregarding the rest of the stuff you don't like as 'talk' and things he's not gonna do.
Chicago didn't even have the highest murder rate in the US last year.
Also, he tweeted his threat out about five minutes after some statistics were aired on Bill O'Reilly. It's entirely possible that he literally watches TV, gets angry at it and then makes decisions based on what enrages him.
Obama said he is going to fix healthcare, did he fix it? no he screwed it up more. just because someone says something doesn't mean they are going to do it. hopefully this doesn't happen with trump, though with the way trump words stuff it sounds like a joke to me.

oh look Oakland, and San Francisco are on that list... most likely from those white business men, college students, and Asian tourist, right? diffidently not the sketchy looking people. 
though does it even matter if Chicago isn't the worst? things are still bad over there, and its a very large/old city so he should take action over there "228 shootings in 2017 with 42 killings" if this is true i am heavily disappointment in humanity. just send the feds into all of those cities... see a random black guy with a unregistered gun arrest him, see them littering arrest them, vandalizing stuff? arrest them. San Francisco is a pretty nice city though I'd likely enjoy it a lot more if it was cleaned up (hell give the ones who are willing the opportunity to clean the streets), and if i didn't feel like I'm going to get robbed/attacked in certain parts of the city because I'm white.

Spoiler: show
i feel that the wall is a little exaggerated, i do believe there is going to be a wall but its likely not going to be the massive great wall of America type thing. i do not believe we will ever have a complete ban on Muslims, but i wouldn't be too against that. i do not believe all illegal immigrants will be deported, but again I'm not against the idea. i do not believe we will completely move all jobs back here, but i do believe that quite a few jobs will move back. there are lots more but iv already spend quite some time typing this.

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2017, 12:25:49 am »
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the DOJ’s Violence Against Women programs.
* On January 23rd, 2017, DT reinstated the global gag order, which defunds international organizations that even mention abortion as a medical option.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the National Endowment for the Arts.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the National Endowment for the Humanities.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Environmental and Natural Resources Division of the DOJ.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Office of Electricity Deliverability and Energy Reliability.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the office of Fossil Energy.
* On January 24th, 2017, DT ordered the resumption of construction on the Dakota Access Pipeline, while the North Dakota state congress considers a bill that would legalize hitting and killing protestors with cars if they are on roadways.

* On January 23rd, 2017, it was announced that the man who shot the anti-fascist protester in Seattle was released without charges, despite turning himself in.

* On January 24th, 2017, DT tweeted a picture from his personal Twitter account of a photo he says depicts the crowd at his inauguration and will hang in the White House press room. The photo is of the 2009 inauguration of 44th President Barack Obama, and is curiously dated January 21st, 2017, the day AFTER the inauguration and the day of the Women’s March, the largest inauguration related protest in history.

* On January 24th, 2017, it was discovered that police officers had used confiscated cell phones to search the emails and messages of the 230 demonstrators now facing felony riot charges for protesting on January 20th, including lawyers and journalists whose email accounts contain privileged information of clients and sources.
* On January 20th, 2017, roughly 230 protestors were arrested in DC and face unprecedented felony riot charges. Among them were legal observers, journalists, and medics.

first thing bad. but do we really need a organization to stop violence against women? last time i check its our responsibility to protect each other. as for the thing for abortions its mentioned in another post on furtopia, i am all for it but at the same time i am against it in certain situations

not too sure what those two things are but they sound kinda important, and i feel its a good idea to keep them. (hopefully its just talk)

hopefully none of this stuff will happen unless trump as any other plans on how to prevent more environmental harm. though again like i said in another post its our fault if we pollute the earth more, the government cant control everything so this is our responsibility.

that report seem very sketchy, i highly doubt that and if it is true which i doubt its likely on bail.

sounds like a joke, but so what if he hangs it up. this doesnt really have any part in whats going to  happen in the country.

i have doubts that those people werent doing anything wrong. like the other one i feel that this is a fake report. but even then these people will get a trial. the cellphone thing if true is the wrong doing of the police, but i still doubt this without any proof.

(need to do something soon, so this last post is sorta thrown together quickly, and i excluded things i had no opinion on/dont know much about.)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2017, 11:32:04 am »
Though much of what Trump has signed since taking office would likely have
been done by most any GOP President. His responces to crowd sizes and
voting give the appearance of a man who is living in a world of his own
making. A person who worries about what others think of him when he
should be worried about the country. A man who is trying to turn the office
into a way to get rich.

It's no wonder he hates the press, and anyone who point out the truth
about him. He seems to think he can say one thing but mean another.
This may work for a crooked campain, but not as President. People have
a right to expect the truth, and a honerable person in that office.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2017, 06:49:01 pm »
Just a few things I'd like to share and/or say. ;)

The following quotes are from Facebook that somebody had posted.

"We are reliving Germany 1932. Gag order on the EPA; alternative facts; Propaganda Ministers; what a nightmare. Are his supporters still goose stepping behind this mentally disturbed fascist?"

"Seems 'Fake news' is their new Sieg Heil."

"All the people who elected this Clown should pay for the wall." <--- I actually agree with this one. If Trump and his supporters want this wall so bad, then let them pay for it out of their pockets. I sure as hell won't.

From myself:

Dissent is patriotic.

Resistence is NOT futile.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2017, 07:07:06 pm »
So Trump is now silencing scientists and is in favour of horrific torture techniques coming back, such as waterboarding.

The man is a monster. At the rate he's going, the rest of the world is going to rise up to stop him.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Kaiden

• Species: Acinonyx Jubatus (Cheetah)
  • Male
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2017, 07:14:04 pm »
So Trump is now silencing scientists and is in favour of horrific torture techniques coming back, such as waterboarding.

The man is a monster. At the rate he's going, the rest of the world is going to rise up to stop him.

Next thing you know, he'll be trying to bring back conversion therapy and concentration camps.

Maybe not the latter, but I see him getting impeached and (hopefully) the American people will tell Russia to screw off.

*Goes back to avoiding this thread*
Every now and then...

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2017, 07:27:38 pm »
Mexico is not paying for the wall. But guess who is. ;)
http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/26/news/economy/trump-mexico-tariff/index.html

What the hell is Trump's beef with climate change and/or science in general? Why does he hate science so much? Or better yet, why do Republicans hate science so much? It's not just the EPA that has had a news blackout, but I've also read of the National Park Service, the USDA, NASA, and others that have had media blackouts on their twitter accounts, Facebook pages, main websites, etc.

Is this censorship or something else? What's the real goal for all this? Making the media State-run? God forbid!  :o

We need these and other agencies to keep posting climate change and other environmental data. We, as well as other countries, need this data for weather predictions and forcasting, farming, oceanography, and so much more. Without climate change data and/or science, what are we supposed to do......guess?

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2017, 09:23:31 pm »
"The press should keep their mouths shut." Great quote from anyone who doesn't want Americans to know what he's up to.
The Prez of Mexico. Not a decent man by any means. Called Trump a bully and refused to speak face to face with him.
Trump is threatening to cut state funding to any state or city that doesn't do what he says.

184 days to impeachment.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2017, 09:23:36 pm »
One last note.........

Mr. Trump, please STOP with the crybaby attitude about your Inauguration crowd size.  >:( The world has heard enough about it already. Time to forget about it and move on. Your crowd size was significantly smaller than Obama's 2009 Inauguration crowd size........Period. Get used to it! Stop your whining and complaining! You lied! Spicer lied! Conway lied!  >:(

Trump 2017 Inauguration crowd size on the left. Obama 2009 Inauguration crowd size on the right. Both pics taken at the same time of about noon from the same camera angle on top of Washington Monument.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 09:25:43 pm by Kobuk »

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2017, 10:57:54 pm »
Spoiler: show

unless that clock tower is broken that doesnt look like noon to me. from googling i read that the inauguration ended at 12:30 this clock looks like the photo was taken at  ~1:15. iv been to concerts before and those places clear out very fast at the ending so i assume the same likely goes for the inauguration.

oh look people.... https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=trump+inauguration&view=detailv2&&id=FF20526A7B407EB652339EE34E95D58C743822FB&selectedIndex=18&ccid=s%2brktDH%2f&simid=607996649792080105&thid=OIP.LhMB_Z7cm9iwQ-KF3B_F7gEsCt&ajaxhist=0

oh look... no people....

unless someone did a very nice photoshop job here https://cdn.theatlantic.com/assets/media/img/photo/2017/01/all-of-this-space-was-full-a-photog-2/RTSWQGG/original.jpg i feel that this is what trump means by "fake news" since everyone is pushing towards his crowd actually being that small

Edited since i was incorrect. mistook the picture for another picture bla bla bla next post of mine in this topic explains better
"All the people who elected this Clown should pay for the wall." <--- I actually agree with this one. If Trump and his supporters want this wall so bad, then let them pay for it out of their pockets. I sure as hell won't.

ok im fine with that.. though i dont want to be paying for any of that abortion, foreign aid, illegal immigrant aid, refugee aid, food stamps/welfare, domestic violence whatever (ill help out if i actually see someone getting abused. a random organization doesnt seem to help that much. same applies for every other thing, we need to take action not just talk when it comes to things like this, just throwing money at them doesnt help as much as it could)

NASA and other environmental protection services deserve my money more than those groups

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2017, 11:00:37 pm »
Cite your source for your photo please, Greywolf. ;)

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2017, 11:18:33 pm »
just edited the post. these are screen caps i took from that higher res picture. these things came from bing so im not 100% sure (the people seem to be a little different in each picture) but these are the pictures that people have been using to say not many people went to the inauguration

also i just remembered... i would like to point out that many people blocked entrances to the inauguration, so if these pictures are incorrect its likely that maybe its due to them not getting in? though i do believe that Obama's crowd was still larger. i feel the country was more united when he became president, so of course more people would be there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdantUf5tXg i feel this should be pretty reliable since well its a video, :48 seems to be the largest crowd so i guess i am incorrect to a certain extent and you actually posted the reasonable picture. sorry about that i mistook it for the other one i posted as i havent seen that picture yet only the other one (people are just constantly going at this and im used to more exaggerations)

though why dont we just shut up about his inauguration crowd size (i mean all of us including the media) and maybe he will shut up about the crowd being larger? imo its just a stupid thing to be arguing/fighting about. why dont we pay attention to other things more so he doesnt break anything important? (not just what he says he is going to do, but what he did do)
Mexico is not paying for the wall. But guess who is. ;)
http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/26/news/economy/trump-mexico-tariff/index.html

What the hell is Trump's beef with climate change and/or science in general? Why does he hate science so much? Or better yet, why do Republicans hate science so much? It's not just the EPA that has had a news blackout, but I've also read of the National Park Service, the USDA, NASA, and others that have had media blackouts on their twitter accounts, Facebook pages, main websites, etc.

Is this censorship or something else? What's the real goal for all this? Making the media State-run? God forbid!  :o

We need these and other agencies to keep posting climate change and other environmental data. We, as well as other countries, need this data for weather predictions and forcasting, farming, oceanography, and so much more. Without climate change data and/or science, what are we supposed to do......guess?

as for this whole anti climate change thing i feel its due to all the hate between democrats and republicans. democrats have been pushing for environmental stuff so republicans push away from it out of hatred, just like how democrats push away from the whole less taxes thing, while republicans want less taxes. (my mom doesnt make that much money, yet she became 18k in debt to the IRS because the damn taxes are too high, this pretty much destroyed her life)

Offline Dusty

• Male
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2017, 03:51:55 am »
i haven't really heard anything hateful/xenophobic stuff from trump. lets see the wall.. that's to stop ILLEGAL immigrants from entering America easily.
Were you aware that illegal immigration in the form of people jumping the border is currently at a 40 year low? It isn't the primary source of illegals coming into your country. Other things, such as people overstaying their visas, are far more widespread forms of illegal immigration which his wall will be entirely ineffectual against.

So what does the wall do, other than stand as a monolithic symbol of hatred, xenophobia and soon-to-be-eroding relations with one of the US's biggest trade partners? It's going to cost billions, and whilst I'm not sure if you pay tax, there are a lot of people who do and pay a lot of it. And their money will be going to this complete and utter waste of resources and time, rather than ventures that are actually worthwhile such as improving infrastructure or funding things like health care. Because why would Mexico ever pay for it? The only people it will impact are the consumers in the US, since Mexico will simply court China because they'll be able to get a far more competitive trade agreement out of them than this isolationist Trump government that's looking out to penalise other countries for entirely made up reasons.

In my opinion, even just supporting the notion of such a hateful thing is reprehensible, and I find it ludicrous that people would actually want it built considering how little it will do toward achieving its supposed goal. Your own mileage, however, may vary. 

those people have screwed up my life

How? What have they done to you?

as for the factory jobs last time i checked car manufacturing, metal working, etc. are still a thing. while we might not be getting as rich off it as the Chinese we have better environmental standards, and better working conditions.

They'll simply be automated. They won't be able to compete otherwise. The many tens of thousands of uneducated people without transferrable skills won't be able to find work in a highly automated factory.

wth does this have to do with anything?

You don't think the leader of your country should be passionate about his job and not hate his line of work?

I think I'm just gonna end this post there because I don't really want to get angry responding to the whole race thing you posted about below that. I'll just say that I fundamentally disagree with it.

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2017, 11:04:53 am »
well i my self am not that much for the wall. increased surveillance should do the trick. as for the people overstaying their visa, well thats what the whole go after them and deport them thing is for. but hell the wall being built will open up lots of jobs (tho i do agree infrastructure is a better choice of funding but from what iv heard trump is going after that too) i still dont feel that a wall is hateful/xenophobic though (i can understand how some people can view it that way, but to me its just a wall) as for if i pay taxes im not paying them yet, and i dont even know how to pay them for when i start working (my school cut out those classes several years ago)

as for how they screwed up my life: if it werent for all this illegal immigration stuff its likely that our government/customs officers would be a little less suspicious of everyone and immigration might be a little easier. several months ago my partner got denied entry into the US and i do feel that maybe all this stuff about protecting America from illegal immigrants heavily influenced this (though i hear the 9/11 attacks also had a large effect here) America may be the one at fault here because they are the ones being very inefficient but the original cause of the problem likely came from illegal immigrants and terrorist.

They'll simply be automated. They won't be able to compete otherwise. The many tens of thousands of uneducated people without transferrable skills won't be able to find work in a highly automated factory.
automated jobs create more jobs for people with engineering skills. there will likely be a lack of man power in those careers which will likely lead to on the job training becoming more of a thing so those who are "unskilled"/"uneducated" will learn how to work there. also automated factories still have tons of people working in them (been in Tesla's factory tons of robots but tons of people too)
also again we got better environment protection and working conditions in our factories. that's less pollution per resource/item produced, and less abused workers.

i dont really care if someone hates their job or not, as long as they get the job done on time, and correctly, and as long as its something they arent being forced to do and they are making it their decision to work even if they hate it im fine with it.

as for the race thing its simple observations that i am pointing out, i never chose to see the majority of them like that, and i wish i didnt see them like this. though i do feel its a good idea to avoid this topic because as i said before "political correctness" has made this a "horrible thing" to talk about even though there are some real issues here, and we end up just disagreeing with observations because those observations happen to point out a fact someone doesn't like. 

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2017, 12:04:01 pm »
Who's paying for the US/Mexico border wall?

Mexico
Mexic
Mexi
Mex

Me  :(     The citizens of the U.S. will be footing the bill on this one.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/27/opinions/taxing-mexico-is-completely-illegal-alford-opinion/index.html

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2017, 12:25:00 pm »
Trump has always reminded me of a coffee shop politician. I think most of us
know the type. He sits there telling everyone how things would be if he was
president. Only thing is he probably knows nothing about government, and
is trying to use common sense to fix the problems of the world.

Problem is nothing is simple these days. Too many people are involved with
decisions that have to be made. It takes dozens of people hours, weeks, months
or even years to work out treaties, and agreements.

In the distant past some leaders used wars to settle problems with their neighbors,
but now we can destroy life on the planet with war. So we must try to use deplomacy
to solve world problems. Even those within the country often require compromise with
many people trying to keep things fair, and equitable. 

I am beginning to wonder if Trump really believes the things he claims as true.  If he
really does we could be in the hands of someone who is mentally ill. It's not impossible
as some people with mental illnesses can be normal most of the time. If he is we can
only hope those around him can keep him under control. Only thing Trump could fire
those that are trying to help him. In his mind he might think they are against him.

Only time will tell.
oldrabbit.com

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2017, 06:20:00 pm »
Trump continuing his undermining of the media. Call them "the opposition". Yet he continues to favor Fox new network. A known hot bed of propaganda and false information.

Trump being told by both dems and reps that dropping the sanctions against Russia is a bad idea. Even talk about making these sanctions law to keep them in place.

Trump had decided to have privet conversations with Mexico.

182 days to impeachment.
I skipped a day in my last post.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2017, 06:28:33 pm »
False information, cause? I think you mean "alternative facts" :p

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2017, 10:28:51 pm »
Today, Trump decreed and made Executive Orders that no Muslim refugees would be coming to the U.S. from Syria, Irag, Libya, Iran, Yemen, Sudan, and a few other countries. Also he said that priority would be given to Christian refugees to allow them to come to the U.S.  :o

There's a few problems with Trump's anti-Muslim immigration policies.  >:(

1. He wants tighter vetting processes for checking on Muslims who come to the U.S.. Problem with this is that it is somewhat difficult to check on the backgrounds of people from the Middle East and/or other countries as the countries may or may not have the technology and Government/Police resources to properly check on people and then pass along that information to U.S. authorities. Some countries aren't as "advanced" as we are when it comes to computer information technology, Police forces, etc., etc.

2. Trump is giving priority to Christian refugees? One of the reasons why and how America was formed was on the principle of Freedom of Religion. People from any nationality with any religious faith should be able to come here. Since when did we start practicing religious discrimination? Oh yeah, that's right. When Trump became President.  :P

3. By placing a ban on any Muslims from coming to the U.S., you are pretty much making a blanket ban and stereotyping ALL Muslims as bad and/or terrorists. Hasn't it already been said time after time after time by various people and organizations that not all Muslims are bad/terrorists? Only a very tiny percentage may be radical. The other 90% or so are just plain hard working people trying to make a decent living as best they can and going about their daily lives. Which of the Muslims in the below pic are radical terrorists?

Answer: None of them. You can't automatically say all Muslims are radical, bad, terrorists until you either get to know them and/or view their actions.

Trump's vetting and immigration policies on Muslim people and Middle Eastern countries are just going to make matters worse, not better. It's going to inflame the Muslim people into more anti-US rhetoric, more anti-US violence, and especially incite ISIS and Al-Queda to make more terror threats.

Hurting people's feelings is one thing. But when those same people come back and hurt us, then it's taking things too far. The following is an example of why Trump's Muslim rhetoric will not work, and why he is playing right into ISIS's hands. His Muslim rhetoric is actually escalating and hurting the Muslim situation and putting the national security of the United States at risk.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/08/opinions/trump-isis/index.html

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2017, 11:41:45 pm »
On a side note. Trump is still using an unsecured cell phone. AND his staff are all using privet email servers. Can you say "Jail them all".

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2017, 12:33:40 am »
Today, Trump decreed and made Executive Orders that no Muslim refugees would be coming to the U.S. from Syria, Irag, Libya, Iran, Yemen, Sudan, and a few other countries. Also he said that priority would be given to Christian refugees to allow them to come to the U.S.  :o
2. Trump is giving priority to Christian refugees?

happy to hear we will be getting less refugees, though the christian refugees part i still dont like. stop coming to this country and fix your own.

i dislike that idea, but as long as it means less refugees then go ahead. does kinda hurt my opinion on trump a little, at least its moving a little in the right direction.

Offline Rocco

• Species: German Shepherd
  • Male
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2017, 01:26:34 am »
Considering how much some of you hate him, I added a new option to the poll

Offline Holt5

• Species: Artistic theologian-philosopher
  • Male
    • My home base!
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2017, 10:07:54 am »
I'm still on the fence about Trump. I like some of what he's done already and dislike some of it too. I'm waiting more than a couple weeks to make any judgments. I remember some people who were telling the right-wingers to calm down when Obama got into office - you know, because he was going to start a New World Order, take all our guns, and assign us all bar-codes for our foreheads - same principle applies here. The world is not ending (yet) and you're probably going to live to see the end of Trump's presidency like most of the people who survived Obama's.  :D Aside from George Washington, I don't think there were any subsequent elections in which the fate of the country was considered to be at stake.

That said, it's just that kind of passion that each political side exerts every 4 years that helps to keep our country alert and ready to push ourselves to be our best and/or our worst selves. You might not like Trump or Obama, but you probably would not become better, both as a person and as a nation, without people you apparently despise provoking you to improve, or to fail while trying.

"If you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you will end up not doing anything for anybody." - Malcolm Bane