Author Topic: Livin' the dream?  (Read 1369 times)

Offline Storm Fox

• The great Myrsky Kettu!
  • Species: Red Fox
  • 'Makes random fox noises'
Livin' the dream?
« on: October 10, 2021, 12:34:36 am »
Here's something different...
Got this weird kind of degenerate friend with a catchphrase... "We livin' the dream?"
Everyday, "We livin' the dream?", "You living the dream?", "Hey, how's that dream?".
Maybe 20, 30, or more times a day... "How's that dream going?"
But when asked what actually is the dream supposed to be? They don't really know, or they make up some degenerate nonsense. (Such things not being for the pg section). :o

I think "the dream" (or the American dream), used to be just having a good job and owning your own house and car. But I'm not sure society cares as much about that as it used to.
I know I'm not getting that dream feeling. But I can't exactly say what it should be.

What do you think?
If you were asked are you living the dream, are you? And what is "the dream"?
FCF6adsw A+ C- D H M- P R++ T+++ W Z Sm# RLCT a+ cn++ d e* f h+ i+++ j++ p+ sm#

Offline Chewy, God of Rats

• Species: Rat
  • Professional Gambler, Peaked in High School
Re: Livin' the dream?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 01:49:12 am »
Excuse me, storm fox, I do not consider myself a weird kind of degenerate. I personally find myself to be a welcoming free spirit who believes in that life is about the journey and not the destination (unless that destination is Las Vegas on a Friday night). ?When asking "are you living the dream?" I believe the question is a more fun and free spirited way of saying "hows it going".
Mating is temporary, the stench of cheese is forever

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 02:59:27 am »
Storm Fox, I'm living the old American dream. House , car and kind of a good job. The reality is it's nice but not dreamy. Haven't had anyone ask me or say 'livin the dream'. Guess it's something new going round. I'm from the generation that asked "what's the fuzz" and "What's go'in down" so I've heard a lot of sayings come and go.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 10:04:22 am »
I've heard that saying a lot.
Maybe this friend of yours works at my place?  Haha!

I do not know if I am living the dream.  In college, I took an English Lit class called "American Dream: Illusion or Reality?".  I scored a "B".  Anyway...

I have a house finally, after 12 years of renting and paying too much.  College education.  2 cars (one is 13 years old the other is 15!)
A dog.  Front and back yard green and grassy, small savings account, flexible work schedule, short commute, some toys, moderately ok health.

YET

I am not happy.
I do not want this life.  I do not want to work where I do, nor live where i do.  I want to be a kid, and play with my brother in the open wild grassy fields in the sunshine and pretend we are soldiers trying to free the "whomever" this time.  I want my old dog back.  I want not to hurt all the time.
I want what I can't have.  I work too long of hours.  I potentially "kill" people for a living (Work for Defense contractor).  I want to be happy.

I believe it is said as a joke, knowing that no one lives a dream because it is all an illusion.
said sarcastically, "Hey you living the dream yet?!"  I hear this all the time because I live in a world of other people dissatisfied with their current place in life.
Yet I supposedly have it all?
IDK.

I just saw on TV this morning, as I get ready to go to work... "Office jobs turning to farm workers?"  Yeah, I have thought of that SOO many times.  I want to grow food, give back, be peaceful, be away from it all.  Eat my hard work.

I am not living the dream I saw when I was a kid.  My dreams morphed, I changed.  I can not catch the dream.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)