Author Topic: Experssing my furny side  (Read 4854 times)

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Experssing my furny side
« on: April 01, 2015, 01:31:28 am »
Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

(Translation: I've been wanting to express my affection for my current furnsona in my ever day life lately, but I'm unsure how. I tried sticking cogs to my face earlier, but I got some odd looks while I was out shopping. Does anyone have any tips for more subtle ways to go about it? How do you present your dedication to the furny fandom in your everyday lives?)

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Mylo

Re: Experssing my furny side
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 02:52:03 am »
Have you heard of the uncanny valley? 

The idea of the uncanny valley centers on the observation that mundane humans tend to be rather discomforted when faced with something that is merely nearly the object that the said furny is trying to imitate.

So my advice to be more subtle is to actually add more cogs to your face.  That way, people will be less likely to mistake you for a human, and in fact you will resemble a clock that much more.

Offline Aloneness

• Species: Hella Gay Wolf
  • Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 03:17:43 am »
I would like to disagree with this diagram because Stephen Colbert > Joseph Gordon... XD
Ren's Translation Note:
Konnichiwa = Hello, Nani = What?, Великий ведра огонь! = Great Buckets of Fire!

Avi by Haru

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 06:52:27 am »
Perhaps you could get into the habit of steadily ticking under your breath. Constantly. Nothing too loud, of course. Just enough so that the people nearby start to wonder where that ticking is coming from.

If you practice enough, I'm sure it would become a habit that you'd just do naturally. Though I advise stopping if you're at an airport.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 01:42:38 pm »

"Click, clack, click, clack, click, clack, click, clack, click, clack, tickticktick, DING DONG DING DONG!"

English:

As a fellow timepiece I understand where you're coming from.

I myself have found that marking each hour by singing in various dings and dongs is a great way to bring my furnyness into my everyday life, although unless you are a chiming pocketwatch, that might not be canon to you. ^_^

* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~