Author Topic: Least favorite Thanksgiving dishes?  (Read 269 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Least favorite Thanksgiving dishes?
« on: November 22, 2023, 03:59:07 pm »
There are foods we like on Thanksgiving and then there's foods we don't like.
So just out of curiosity, what foods do you NOT like during Thanksgiving holiday meal?

I'll start. I'm not a fan of the following. Won't eat them at all or if I do, it's very, very little.
Creamed corn
Yams
Sweet potatoes
Cranberries/cranberry sauce
Green bean casserole
If it's any vegetable other than kernal corn, carrots, or regular cut green beans, I won't eat it.

Offline Simo

• Species: Dolphin, Kitsune, Otter
  • Male
    • http://www.furrydolphin.net
Re: Least favorite Thanksgiving dishes?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 05:50:18 pm »

^
|

I like most of those choices, although we usually serve corn pudding instead of plain ol' creamed corn. The veggies I always avoided were the mushy, overboiled (yes, Grandmother used a pressure cooker that guaranteed slimy, muchy, tasteles veggies from which every bit of nutrition was boiled out.) slimy veggies. That especially applies to ocra. YUCK! There is nothing that can improve ocra.
<span style='color:blue'>You don't know where you're going until you know where you've been:</span>
ICYI:
FCtD5afmsw/CF[Kitsune]mps4wcfmw/MOs4fmw A--- C++ D+++ H+ M- P R+ T- W>++ Z Sm# RLE a++++>100 cl++ d-- e+++ f+ h+ iwf+++ j+ p->+ s#

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2023, 04:07:56 pm »
Anything that has to do with potatoes that isn't mashed, baked or fried. Don't all rotten my potatoes.
Boxed stuffing. I know it takes up to six hours longer to cook a fully stuffed turkey. But that's the only way I'll cook one. Even have to cook the onions, carrots and celery (mirepoix ) the night before. I made stuffing with home made bread once. The flavor of the bread was to strong. So I make it with the store bought bread from now on. The turkey itself has a better flavor when stuffed. One thing I'll never do again is cook turkey with wine. For some reason that's not a good combo.
Turducken. Nuf said.  :D
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2023, 07:33:21 pm »
Cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 12:35:14 am by Firelight »

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2023, 12:54:22 pm »
Sweet potatoes
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)