Author Topic: BBQ Chicken Quesadillas  (Read 5616 times)

BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
« on: November 25, 2005, 09:17:39 pm »
First post in this forum!  YAY!!!!

heehee, well I *have* to get the first post, so I guess I'll post a recipe....  Well, not as much a recipe as an idea....  Some furs claimed they can't cook but this is so easy nobody can mess it up!

This is not health food, but it is better tasting than the ones they sell at most resturaunts.  The soy sauce, I think, is what makes the difference.

You'll need:

2 chicken patties (the breaded ones you buy at WalMart)
a couple handfuls of shreaded cheese
2 large flour tortillas (no bigger than the pan)
Your favorite BBQ sauce
Dash soy sauce
Pastry brush is helpful, but you can use a knife....
Sour cream + salsa (optional)

Fry the patties on a frying pan, then cut them up into thin strips.

Sear a tortilla (put a THIN layer of butter on the pan and fry the tortilla so it gets crispy) with one dash of soy sauce for the first side, then flip it and sear the other side.  you may need to add a bit more butter.  Put that tortilla aside and use a knife or pastry brush to put a generous layer of BBQ sauce on one side of it.

Sear a side of another tortilla the same way adding another dash of soy sauce, and then right when you flip it to sear the other side sprinkle a handful of shreaded cheese evenly onto it, and put the patty slices on it in one layer, and then another handful of cheese.  Put the other tortilla on top, BBQ side down, and cook on low heat until the bottom starts to look cooked, and it seems stable enough to flip.

Flip it over quickly -- if the cheese and stuff falls out it wasn't cooked enough.  Cook the other side until all the cheese is melted and both sides are crispy.

Serve with sour cream and salsa.

Like I said....  it's more of an idea than a recipe, but it's really easy to make and tastes great!

TIP:  don't burn the tortillas -- you can always use lower heat if you need to and just cook it longer.  You could also put the whole thing in the oven if you wanted to, but I don't think it tastes as good this way.