not-so-furry discussion > news forum

Julian Assange for Australian Senate

(1/2) > >>

Ickyrus:
The Article

So, despite all the cripe he's dealing with, it turns out he can still run for the Aus senate, which is not surprising. If a convict colony didn't allow people with convictions into politics, where would we be?
Personally though, I'm all for it. Anything to knock off or generally irritate our current government (I can't stand Tony or Julia, and can barely tell them apart) and hopefully get more progress and less bureaucratic rubbish about why they won't do anything. Assange might just be the man for the job, since Rudd was vapourised.

Kobuk:

--- Quote from: Saloonka on April 05, 2012, 10:05:19 pm ---The Article

So, despite all the cripe he's dealing with, it turns out he can still run for the Aus senate, which is not surprising. If a convict colony didn't allow people with convictions into politics, where would we be?
Personally though, I'm all for it. Anything to knock off or generally irritate our current government (I can't stand Tony or Julia, and can barely tell them apart) and hopefully get more progress and less bureaucratic rubbish about why they won't do anything. Assange might just be the man for the job, since Rudd was vapourised.

--- End quote ---

You're nuts. As far as I'm concerned, JA can go to hell.  >:(

Foxpup:
I'm all for it too. We need more politicians with dubious achievements, now that former Prime Minister Bob Hawke's world record for drinking a [specific beverage] has been broken. :(

Seriously though, I'm not really sure what he'd actually do in the Senate that the Sex Party isn't already trying to do (unsuccessfully; they didn't win a single seat), but whatever.

Ickyrus:

--- Quote from: Foxpup on April 05, 2012, 11:57:59 pm ---'m not really sure what he'd actually do

--- End quote ---

Isn't that the point of politics? Never actually knowing what it is they're going to do in case they don't do it.

WhiteStorm:
Hell, why not, better a politician who causes trouble by telling secrets than keeping them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version