Author Topic: What Are You Up To?  (Read 121199 times)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
Re: What Are You Up To?
« Reply #2475 on: March 19, 2023, 03:12:51 am »
This simple plumbing project has become a nightmare. Searched for hours on line. I have even been to a manufacturer's web site. Driven for miles. No one makes the part I need. Good o'l 1950's plumbing. If I reuse all the stuff my father-in-law put in I'll have the same problems. If I use the stuff I bought and go from 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 back down to 1 1/4 I'll have a potential clogging area at the reduction point. Yes there are rubber couplings with hose clamps at each end. However there is a difference in internal diameters between what's meant for thin and thick walled PVC pipe. Case in point. I bought a rubber coupling for 1 1/4 to 1 1/4. It's actual inside diameter is 1 5/8. That's 3/8's of an inch wider than the outside diameter of the 1 1/4 inch pipes. The problem is now do I continue with this search. Save myself a vacation day and a $$$ plumber call. Or do I take a V day and pay someone who hopefully will have a part that works. So I don't have to take a second V day and end up with a larger bill. Ya! 1950's plumbing.

And I've learned what paint colors were used by some of my favorite 1800's painters. Knowing this I'm able to both see and mix the colors used in paintings by Albert Bierstadt ,Thomas Cole and many others. I'll end up using modern day equivalents. Not quite the same colors. I can get the exact colors. Not really worth the $80+ a tube filled with toxins strong enough to kill me. In art the exact color is irrelevant. Value, or how light or dark a color is, is what makes art work. And another important trick of visual art. A blue gray by itself looks gray. Put it in the right spot on a painting and it will look blue.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2476 on: March 19, 2023, 06:08:51 pm »
PRAISING YOU TUB AND ALL THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE WHO POST HOW TO VIDEOS! The solution to my problem has been right in front of me this whole time. Almost every part I bought came with two sizes of washers. One that fit and one that didn't. The one that didn't fit the 1 1/2 pipe fits the 1 1/4 pipe. It's called a 'reducer washer'. It's meant to go between both sizes. I will still end up with a possible clogging point. Because no one makes a 45 degree angle 1 1/4 under sink drain pipe. The connection between the 1 1/2 45 degree pipe and a 1 1/4 pipe will be that spot. But it will still be better than what I had. Yes they make those bendy pipes. I need something that will be in a horizontal position.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #2477 on: March 21, 2023, 09:45:10 am »
Learning from Cause's plumbing adventure,
Trying to get excited about work
Catching up here
eating and showering for work
listening to my dog Wanda bark at someone outside
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #2478 on: March 22, 2023, 12:04:37 am »
Packing for MCFC. Though tire from work and bike ride.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #2479 on: April 01, 2023, 10:38:58 am »
Local punks uprooted a nearby stop sign and set it in the woods. The placement of the sign may have been an obstacle for the go-kart seen tooling about the area. There is a beaten path through the nearby woodlot from all of the ATV traffic. Locals tended to ignore the stop sign, and I could've been run down twice.

I contacted the county road commission regarding the pulled stop sign yesterday
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #2480 on: May 05, 2023, 03:52:27 pm »
Celebrating May the fourth/revenge of the fith.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2481 on: May 06, 2023, 06:00:12 pm »
Slept for 8 hours! For me that means I got up after 2:00 PM. Haven't done that in a wile.

Reading and will be mowing the grass later on.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2482 on: May 06, 2023, 08:53:54 pm »
Spent a quiet lazy day building a model kit. Will probably do the same thing tomorrow.

Offline Firelight

• Female
« Reply #2483 on: May 17, 2023, 10:34:39 pm »
Waiting for my friends to text me so we can figure out when to hang out.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2484 on: May 18, 2023, 06:25:21 pm »
Taking care of myself. Took the day off to stay home. It's funny. Just taking the day off makes you feel better.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2485 on: May 19, 2023, 11:09:02 pm »
Was listening to the Squirrel Nut Zippers Christmas Caravan album of holiday music.
It was just on my mind.  Don't know why.
Stayed home today, I am sick.  CO worker came over and took me to store.  New engine was there.  We picked it up,  drive to my house.  Unloaded it and then moved old engine into box the new one came in
Lots of work to do
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #2486 on: May 25, 2023, 12:58:15 am »
Chilling out in my tent.
Got my fan on me, lights, a pot of mac and cheese and watching YouTube on my phone.

Not the best m.a.c I've ever had i must say but i put it down to a few factors.
1: It could have used a little more water for the milk and cheese powders.
2: It could have used a bit of butter.
3: Could have used a slice of American cheese to make it cheesier.

I was also using great value brand mac and cheese. That's not exactly the pinnacle of greatness.

Still though, I'm okay with the results.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2487 on: June 01, 2023, 11:08:19 pm »
Recovering from the bar.  No not from drinking.
Met CO workers there who were laid-off.  It was very hard to see them and know many do not have jobs.  My job is essentially over.  I'm starting something new they have in store for me.  What I don't know yet.  My future is uncertain now.  More than normal.  I'm very down and just want to sleep for weeks and wake up and see everything be okay.  But I know for a fact that tremendous amounts of hard work and long hours will be what saves us who remain.  It's gong to be hard.

(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2488 on: June 03, 2023, 10:00:37 pm »
Jade. No one really likes change. But it can be in how you look at it. Try no worrying about it. What ever it is apply yourself. They think enough of you to keep you. Might as well make the best of it.

Offline Firelight

• Female
« Reply #2489 on: June 04, 2023, 10:36:09 pm »
Researching updated hamster care and watching Olizandri play Ace Attorney trials and tribulations. 

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2490 on: June 05, 2023, 12:20:35 pm »
Decided to clean up my computer a bit. Dumped 1.9 Gigs of stuff.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2491 on: June 06, 2023, 12:56:25 am »
Reading the forums with one eye.  The other eye is out to lunch,  it's swollen closed idk why.

I'm also worrying about work, what else?

(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2492 on: June 07, 2023, 02:18:00 am »
Getting ready to work a LOT of overtime. We have one department that's the start of everything. It's robot is huge. To keep everyone safe it's behind a 16 foot tall steal barrier Today it went full speed and crashed through that steel wall. Luckily there was no one around. It destroyed the barrier and ripped out most of it's wiring. No idea how long its going to take to fix. Don't mind overtime during the week. Don't like working the weekends.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2493 on: June 10, 2023, 06:12:47 pm »
Just installed a new modem for the tv. Everything loosed different. Hopefully now I'll be able to update my PS4. Will know in around 20 minutes.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2494 on: June 11, 2023, 05:52:32 pm »
Update. had a tech come out. After THREE new boxes I finally have a TV that doesn't freeze up on me. Still no play station.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2495 on: June 12, 2023, 12:08:37 am »
Made a thing.
It's been done before. Like most of what I do.

It's able to remote control things over radio.  Basic but very dependable.  Good for turning on or off objects, or even kicking off a script on computer etc. 

Also could be used 2 way.  Meaning the thing talks back to me.  I could use it to tell me status of vehicle when it is parked at a trail head and I'm away.  Basically either it could periodically send me a code meaning good or bad.  Or I could ask it for a response. Either way I mad a dependable low bandwidth 2 way data link for cheap.

May use it to turn on Christmas lights next time,  from across the town. 
No internet needed. 

I am a ham radio operator so I can legally do this within the bounds of said hobby.  So far I used 0.5 watt of power, so... nothing really.  But this is for testing and not much is needed to prove the concept and I don't want it to go far...yet!

I also washed the garage door outside.  Yes I did that.
What a difference,  it's white as fresh snow now!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 12:24:06 am by Jade Sinapu »
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2496 on: July 14, 2023, 12:37:07 pm »
Have to go to eye doctor in about 30 mins. for a regular yearly checkup.  x_x

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2497 on: July 24, 2023, 01:21:00 pm »
Setting up a new experiment. Pros, if it works I could patent it. Cons, bursting in flames would be really bad..... I've had one melt down, one explosion. If this one goes bad I'll officially be a super villain! 

Actually there's little chance of it caching fire. The total amount of wattage used means the radiant heat will be to low. At it's highest the radiated heat will be far less than the 200 F+ flash point.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2498 on: July 24, 2023, 11:43:28 pm »
What in dogs name are you making Cause?

I'm trying to figure out my future..... I hate adulting it's getting real old.
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2499 on: July 25, 2023, 02:59:46 pm »
Jade,  I can't disclose what the experiment is or how it's done. Keeps normals from blowing up their houses. :goldhowl: I can say the equipment came in today. Experiment started at 1:20 PM.