Author Topic: The "Bad News" thread.  (Read 106528 times)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
Re: The "Bad News" thread.
« Reply #1750 on: February 21, 2022, 10:51:30 am »
Hey Rocket!
Yeah apparently for some vehicles, the MFR does not want or allow ATF changes at home.  My jeep has a cap on the fill tube.  I had to get the factory service manual to learn how to adjust the fluid level.  It is measured in millimeters and depends on temperature which you are supposed to measure with a scan tool talking to the transmission temp sensor.  I used the oil dip stick and carefully scratched mm rulings into it to act as a measurement tool.

My bad news is I may need to go to doctor and do not want to.  Having a strange thing going on.  Hopefully not TMI.
My right crotch area, a muscle is feeling rather weird, and if I cough too hard, pain shoots into my right leg.  So I am worried it is a hernia and guts are protruding into a space where nerve is, and when I cough pushes on nerve and causes the pain.  This may also cause the gut to get "cut off" meaning squeezed by surrounding muscles, and if it does that can cause death of tissue.  Now I do NOT know if this is what is happening.  This is a self-diagnosis.
However, I base it on other facts that may be too gross to share here.  So.. its an educated guess.

But last time I went to the doctor (heart doctor) he said he was not concerned with my heart skipping each 3rd beat, he was worried I was suicidal and needed drugs...
I tell ya, what makes me depressed is when people think I need drugs for a condition totally different than the one I went to see the doctor about.

I would advise, if you are feeling slightly down, and know you are just in a temporary low, like say,, neighbor wants to kill you, your faithful dog is dying, and landlord will not help with bad neighbor, and work wont let you take time off, do not walk into the doctor and say you are feeling down.  Those circumstances are just bad, and anyone feels bad in that situation.  Now I am marked as "major depressive".  How was i supposed to be happy 3 years ago when all that was happening. Now I have it on my record and can't shake it.  And doctors apparently think that no one can get over the blues themselves (no drugs).  I am doing fine now.  So if I see doctor about possible hernia, what will they say?  "Hey I see you have a hernia killing your large intestine, but here take these mind altering medicines because I get a kickback".
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 11:00:39 am by Jade Sinapu »
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1751 on: February 24, 2022, 08:32:40 pm »
Filed my taxes electronically back on Feb. 8th. Figured it might be faster. Nope. Checked online to check the status of my state refund..........8 to 12 weeks.  :o :(

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1752 on: February 26, 2022, 02:39:04 pm »
Just got a notice in the mail my apartment rent just increased by $35 starting April 1st. And No, it's not an early April Fool's joke.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #1753 on: February 27, 2022, 12:24:48 pm »
Oil filter on my Dodge is leaking, so awaiting estimate to get it fixed.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1754 on: February 28, 2022, 10:11:01 am »
Been sick with a nasty bad mean ole cold for the last 4 days.  Hard to shake it.
This is the sickest I have been in a decade? 
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1755 on: March 06, 2022, 12:05:47 pm »
No word from the garage on that repair estimate. May need to call them.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1756 on: March 07, 2022, 11:02:21 am »
Rocket,
Not knowing the particulars on your Dodge's oil filter... are you saying that it is not as simple as tightening the filter canister?
If this vehicle has a remote oil filter canister, the seals on the adapter are probably leaky.  This should not be THAT bad I hope.
There might be a few online cost estimators to help double check the quote you get.

My bad news.... head/chest cold turned into pneumonia, and the anti-biotics helped, then stopped working.
Here we go!

How many fevers does it takes to get to the end of an illness?  No body knows!

(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1757 on: March 10, 2022, 02:19:47 pm »
Went to a model contest last weekend. Took two battleship models. Didn't win any awards. :(

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1758 on: March 11, 2022, 11:13:32 pm »
Rocket,
Not knowing the particulars on your Dodge's oil filter... are you saying that it is not as simple as tightening the filter canister?
If this vehicle has a remote oil filter canister, the seals on the adapter are probably leaky.  This should not be THAT bad I hope.
There might be a few online cost estimators to help double check the quote you get.

Oil was changed last month. They found the leaky transmission lines. The dealership fixed the lines, then reported the leaky oil filter cover and offered to provide an estimate. Checked oil and level is fine.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1759 on: March 14, 2022, 10:28:30 am »
Oh you must have one that uses the oil filter cartridge system.
Maybe all that is being seen in an old oil spill? 
If level stays good and no more drips and no exhaust smoke, maybe ignore it for now?

MY bad news is this time change completely kills me. 
I want to keep clocks same.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1760 on: March 14, 2022, 01:46:46 pm »
Still waiting for my tax refund. :(

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1761 on: March 20, 2022, 06:35:39 pm »
I lost someone I thought was a friend the other day. We had a big argument through Discord and instead of trying to resolve things, the mutual decision is to cut each other out of our lives. I played D&D with this person and their friends since the pandemic started.  :'( 
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1762 on: March 21, 2022, 10:33:38 am »
Iara, that is a long time!  This pandemic has been going and going and going... :orbunny:

My bad news is also that my fed tax refund is not here.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1763 on: April 11, 2022, 09:44:52 am »
I have been away from the forums for a week because of the following.

I was walking Wanda (my dog of course), and it was about 7:30 ish, getting dark finally. My dog likes cool walks on the beach and a nice red wine with ... (what?! is this a dating profile ?)
So I was walking Wanda, and we were in the park.  We went to a medium sized pond on the park boundary. 
Wanda chased a feral black cat, and pulled me very hard.  I begrudingly jogged with her to lessen the strain on both of us.  All the while commanding her to stop and giving her the finger.  The pointing at you finger.
But alas she does not respond to any mans finger. 
So away I was whisked!

Wanda wound up passing under a barbed wire fence and got stuck in some thorny bushes as her harness caught on it.  The leash tape was also tangled.  She started to whine, and since I can't resist a girl in trouble begging for help, I found myself jumping into the undergrowth to unstick her.

I was like crouched tiger trying to free the leash and dog from the death grip of the thorny thicket.  Then I saw a hidden dragons head, except it was a horse!  IT poked its head at me, spun around in a flash and I stood up and turned so to protect myself.  I got hit in the left hip and above my left knee.

I went flying hit the ground and could still hear the echos of my yelling, to no one, and heard the thud as my body slammed down like I was fighting with The Rock.  I rolled over backwards over my head and sprang up and somehow was on my toes.  Hooves thundered off into the distance.

My immediate thoughts was , where oh where did my little dog gone?  And I called to Wanda, and found her laughing at me and high-fiveing the cat, who was probably chasing Jerry Mouse.
I grabbed her leash and walked her and myself home, all the time cursing my life.

I was unable to get medical care because the system is junk, and I have THE BEST medical care my employer offers!  So... I am thinking of electing basic coverage later.
Wanda was unhurt.

IF I had stayed crouching I would have been hit in the head for sure, and most likely in a coma or dead.
I have a severe muscle bruise, bone bruise, large hematoma which needs draining today.  I can barely walk, and feel like I have been kicked by a horse.
Strangely I show no bad discolorations.  Since the bruises are so deep, the blood is getting absorbed mostly before it makes its way to the skin surface.  I have a compression bandage on it to keep blood from seeping out into the tissue.  This happened Tuesday afternoon/night.  Only now am I am able to get to the computer without screaming.
I will call in sick to work today I think because simply I need to rest more.  My neck is strained from the whiplash, my abdomen the same.  Apparently it is like a car accident.  (hope you got airbag!)

So apparently, where this all happened, there are 2 wire fences.  The horse  walked through the break in one, and we both were squaring off in no mans land.  I lost the fight with Mr. Ed.

I have never liked horses, and this seals it.  They can go screw!
Why do people want to sit on a stinky, easily spooked, hulking mass of cranky, just to go slower than I can run, ride a bike, drive a car? 

My dog and I are going to take a drive past them and bark at them, "Stinky horses!".

(No offense to any of you horse-peoples out there, but I do not like them AT ALL now!)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 09:50:47 am by Jade Sinapu »
(Name that tune!)

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #1764 on: April 19, 2022, 12:15:21 am »
My aunt, uncle, and cousins want nothing to do with me just because I'm unvaccinated. So much for holidays  :(  >:(

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1765 on: April 19, 2022, 10:57:21 am »
Hot water went out in my apartment building on Sunday night. Won't be fixed until hopefully Weds. :(

Dental appointment tomorrow for a cleaning. Yay me. :(

Offline Simo

• Species: Dolphin, Kitsune, Otter
  • Male
    • http://www.furrydolphin.net
« Reply #1766 on: April 19, 2022, 03:37:45 pm »
My aunt, uncle, and cousins want nothing to do with me just because I'm unvaccinated. So much for holidays  :(  >:(

It's too bad they bought into all the vaxaganda hook, line, and sinker.  >:(

This means that they have no confidence in these so-called "vaccines". If the Fraudci jabberoos actually protected them from infection, then you are not a threat. If they don't work, and your relatives still believe you're "dangerous", then why did they take them in the first place? I had to deal with the same nonsense from all but one of my immediate family. since then, they've come to regret very much having fallen for the vaxaganda, and taking the lethal injections. At least they woke up in time to avoid the "boosters" that don't work, and add another chance for life threatening adverse effects. I hope yours do too.

It is unfortunate, but critical thinking skills are rare these days. Do stick to your guns and do not allow yourself to be emotionally blackmailed into taking these demonstrably deadly soft kill injections: Open VAERS.

As for myself, I have to take a pass from a local furcon for the same reason. Last year, when I said I was dying to attend a furcon, I meant that figuratively, not literally. There's still Mephit Fur Meet or Megaplex where sanity prevails. I can wait.
<span style='color:blue'>You don't know where you're going until you know where you've been:</span>
ICYI:
FCtD5afmsw/CF[Kitsune]mps4wcfmw/MOs4fmw A--- C++ D+++ H+ M- P R+ T- W>++ Z Sm# RLE a++++>100 cl++ d-- e+++ f+ h+ iwf+++ j+ p->+ s#

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1767 on: April 20, 2022, 11:57:24 am »
Work is challenging.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 12:33:59 pm by Jade Sinapu »
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1768 on: April 29, 2022, 01:30:17 pm »
Go back to the dentist on May 10 and 17 to get 3 cavities taken care of. Oh joy. :(

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1769 on: May 01, 2022, 04:53:31 pm »
Dentist office called to postpone my appointment for last Thursday. I'll have to wait another two weeks to get a problem tooth fixed.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #1770 on: May 04, 2022, 11:54:51 am »
Suki the malamute has passed away after developing internal bleeding, at 11 years old.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1771 on: May 10, 2022, 08:34:35 pm »
Went to the dentist today to get a cavity taken care of.
Have to go back next week and another appointment in June to have 2 more cavities taken care of. :(

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #1772 on: May 11, 2022, 02:29:24 am »
Rip Kobuk's teeth

Dad is considering murdering a wild rat that's been hanging around our nieborhood.
I ordered a havaheart trap but dad also has a bb gun that could probably kill a rat.
Never knew my dad could be so violent, he's never acted violent before  :(

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #1773 on: May 11, 2022, 05:15:13 am »
Bought a car in Jan. Been acting up really bad. Took it in the shop Monday. Needs a  new transmission. I'm not happy.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1774 on: May 21, 2022, 01:34:45 pm »
Having to take the day off next Thursday for a tooth extraction and a root canal.
(Baps the old humorist.)