Author Topic: The Dark Infinite (IC)  (Read 11805 times)

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
Re: The Dark Infinite (IC)
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2015, 10:22:54 pm »
Jack just snickered at the little dispute between Mendel and Luci. "I'm sorry Mendel that shake doesn't taste that great, but you should be drinking it Luci. It may not seem like it does much, but that's because you haven't gotten injured yet. It temporarily helps with the recovery process."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2015, 11:14:20 pm »
"Then shouldn't we be drinking it in the case of injury?" Luci asked. "Not wasting it by drinkin it every damn morning?" She was annoyed and the headache wouldn't leave, adding to her annoyance.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2015, 01:00:12 am »
Mendel rubbed his temples in frustration. "Jeez don't you know anything. Basic biology... come on. You can't just drink it and heal. Your cells have to be evenly saturated in order for the compound to even take affect." He turns to jack with a serious look. "Captain please tell me everyone got the same debriefing. It's all there." He stated in a serious tone, as he pulled out a small holo-book and slid it across the table to luci. "It also helps you carbons acclimate to the increases and decreases in gravity of space. Lucky enough for me my bones don't deteriorate like yours. Regardless we all have to drink it. Just like I have to eat these bars to do my job" 
only in complete darkness can one see the brightest light

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2015, 02:19:23 am »
Skye stepped out of the kitchen, his entire plate full of bacon. She carried a mug that smelled of hot chocolate and saluted before sitting beside the captain.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2015, 03:29:10 pm »
Jack nodded at Skye. "Well now that we're all here there's some things i need to tell you about this rescue mission." Jack stood up walking over to the holo-projector and tossing up an image of somewhat clunky looking space suit in the middle of the group, it looked some what similar to an EOD suit. "These suits are what's in the unmarked containers in storage, four of them four of us. Now you're probably wondering why we would need those for a rescue mission, and if you have guessed it by now this isn't a simple rescue mission." Jack began pacing back and forth. "The crew we have been sent after managed to an anomaly our scientist have taken to calling the Dark Infinite, and what it is, is a tear in the fabric of time and space that actually moves around and isn't locked into one place. However what makes this one more dangerous is that nothing has ever come out, if you payed any mind to the Time Rift Jump test we preformed a few years back we had sent probes into other rifts to see if they could be harnessed for time travel. Some returned with wear and tear of many ages while others returned newer than when we sent them in. However, out of all 20 probes that haven been sent into, the since then dubbed Dark Infinite, all have had total system failure within seconds." Jack managed to stop his pacing and walked over to the suit hologram. "Hence these, now remember they are merely prototypes." He shot a look over at Skye "They're also government property so no altering them, but they are specifically designed off the information of the TRJ studies to protect us by generating a small personal stasis field which can be expanded to include two people. The suit's ability has a 36 hour life span when generating the personal stasis field however when expanded that drops down by a little under half, most trial runs put the drop off rate at 10 hours." Jack walked over to his chair letting out a deep sigh as he did so. "Any questions?"
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2015, 03:40:51 pm »
"I have a question" skye piped up "Define modifications"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2015, 04:33:13 pm »
"Hey skye. Bet you couldn't modify the gloves to act like a thermal charger or amplifier for the shield." Mendel stated tauntingly hoping she might try and prove him wrong. He then paused and began to wonder. " So captain... why the  extra protection, I thoughtthey proved  that the radiations emitted  have minimal impact on organics? At least that's what they said back on earth."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2015, 04:53:32 pm »
"You'd like that wouldn't you?" he grinned wolfing down his bacon "I'm not stupid, we've been through this before, and i'm not doing it again" she  squirmed around in his seat "I was more thinking Race modding it and adding in supplementary kinetic actuators"  he shifted again in his seat "Anyone feel hot?"

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2015, 07:38:12 pm »
Mendel raised his hand answering skyes question  jokingly. " awe come on it was only a little explosion, how was I supposed to know I would blow the main drive. Our calculations  were spot on and you know it."  He said giving a wide grin before downing his health shake. "Besides how do you know we might not need more time? What if we meet hostiles?"

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2015, 07:59:55 pm »
"No, MY calculations were spot on" he took a sip of some kind of reddish juice "Why are you taking me anyway? Surely you would take the chief engineer? The old man'll be pissed if he finds out you're taking his first assistant instead of him just because i'm younger"

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2015, 08:35:11 pm »
"Admittedly I should have considered the possiblity of sneezing on the first try." Mendel said chuckling a little. "Well I suppose  I could ask the chief engineer I suppose he would appreciate the challenge more . Especially dealing with temperatures exceeding 1000°C." He says jokingly

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2015, 09:05:22 pm »
"Hey, Mr. Rules and Regulations...." Luci said, looking up and locking her strange purple-ish blue eyes onto Mendel. "He said no modifying the suits. That means NO modifying the suits."
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2015, 09:10:23 pm »
"And how are you this morning Commander Ripley?" he sat up a little straighter not having realized she was here "Did my request for leave next month ever make it through?"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2015, 09:24:30 pm »
"Do they ever?" Luci replied sarcastically. "No... Don't worry, though, mine didnt either."

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2015, 09:36:03 pm »
" touche luci ... touche"  Mendel said leaning back. " I'm gonna need my gloves clear incase of any hostels or obsticals"
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 10:07:10 pm by evolve42 »

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2015, 09:47:12 pm »
Jack just laughed at his crew's banter. "absolutely no modifications what so ever. It has a live tech feed the entire time, any tampering will result in a strip of rank and being confined to the brig."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2015, 10:02:38 pm »
"Point, Commander Ripley." Luci said, taking one hand away from rubbing her temples just long enough to hold up her index finger, then going back to rubbing her temples, eyes closed.

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2015, 10:10:42 pm »
"As you command" responded with a respectful nod. "Well I see no need to dilly dally let's get to it. How long til we intersect our target?"

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2015, 10:19:41 pm »
"And how are you this morning Commander Ripley?" he sat up a little straighter not having realized she was here "Did my request for leave next month ever make it through?" she was pouting a little at the 'no modifications' rule.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2015, 10:26:36 pm »
"Do they ever?" Luci replied sarcastically. "No... Don't worry, though, mine didnt either."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2015, 10:33:30 pm »
She frowned again, seemingly extremely bothered about it "Great, can't even get off once every two years"

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2015, 10:50:18 pm »
"If nav is correct just a few more hours until we reach the breach. We will suit up then go for a small space walk. The higher ups don't want us getting the ship too close if something goes wrong." Jack looked at his watch. "Feel free to mingle or go about your duties as you see fit, I'll call over the Comms when we need to assemble."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2015, 10:53:06 pm »
"You do realize there's no comms in the engineering bay right?"

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2015, 12:05:44 am »
"I'll send somebody for you again, hopefully whomever i send won't be an idiot and get stuck." Jack shook his head. "We'll assemble in the cargo bay whenever it's go time. However i'll be heading down there virtually now readying the suits and running diagnostics on them."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2015, 12:40:33 am »
"Having a virtual trip, huh?" Luci asked, not looking up. "Captain only, or can officers accompany?"