Author Topic: Greetings all!  (Read 2204 times)

Offline Zugus: Bane of mailmen

• Species: Petite Basset Griffen Van Deen/Rat Terrier/Chocolate Lab
  • Mechanical Engineering Student w/ eccentric streak
  • Male
Greetings all!
« on: July 10, 2017, 12:30:51 pm »
Good day!

I am new to your forums and would like to say "Hello".

I always had an admiration for anthropomorphized animals and, in particular, for anthropomorphized dogs.

That said, I generally found animals to be great allegories for the traits of man, like a dog's loyalty, etc. I may wind up making too many dog specific jokes as a result :\ though I am friendly to all :)

Stuff like Animal Farm, I think, epitomizes the more serious side that this fandom could take for me, but I do fondly remember Ms. Frisby and the Rats of Nihm and Balto.

I am relatively new to the furry fandom in general at the age of 20 and have only really just started creating a Fursona (though I'm rubbish at drawing, so that may take a bit to get the appearance right). I'll use him for a picture when I have him completely drawn.

So, how are all of you doing? Well I hope?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 01:37:05 pm by Zugus: Bane of mailmen »
If you know the mailman, and you know yourself, you need not fear the result a hundred boxes dropped.

-Sun Zug

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Greetings all!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 02:21:36 pm »
Welcome to Furtopia and enjoy your stay. :)

Bane of mailmen

A staff person will be along shortly to give you the MPOD. Try not to pounce, bite, tear, or do any other damage to them. Furtopia Health Insurance isn't what it used to be and we need our staff to be as healthy as possible.  :D

• Male
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 08:41:14 pm »
Thank you Kobuk! I'll try not to tear any staff to pieces. I only wish to defend my house from evil mailmen! One never knows what they're planning  (:
If you know the mailman, and you know yourself, you need not fear the result a hundred boxes dropped.

-Sun Zug

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 11:35:14 pm »
Hi there Zugus! Welcome to Furtopia. Here is the MPOD Kobuk was referring to...

Here are some introductory questions you can answer if you like:

Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?
Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?
What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?

Hope you enjoy your stay! Be prepared for an onslaught of warm welcoming hugs and pounces from fellow members! If you don't want the hugs, just let us know and your wish will be respected! Click on any of the links above or below for further information. ;)

We also have an IRC chatroom you may want to join. Just enter your fursona name and start chatting! If you need help on accessing the Furtopia IRC, please see this thread here: How to use an IRC client

Please take the time to read the Furtopia Forum Posting Rules. This is a PG rated “family friendly” forum. Please also take the time to post your topics in the most appropriate section - it will be greatly appreciated by all. If you have a question or problem, or if you need help with anything on the Furtopia forums, then feel free to contact an Administrator or Moderator via PM (Private Message) or use the Report to Moderator button found in every post. Please let the Admins and Mods handle any problems that arise. :)
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

• Male
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 12:43:41 am »
Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?
Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?
What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?

I suppose I'll go in order:

1. I went in search of a forum for the fandom after I got curious about how much fursuits costed (I knew they were expensive, but I must admit I was somewhat shocked to see some actual stickers). I needed a change in life anyways and your lovely community happened to be among the first search results. I lurked for a bit and found that I could get into this more since the people turned out to be much better than I thought they would be. I was worried people would be too immature, but that turned out not to be the case at all, which was an exceptionally pleasant surprise.

2. Related to 1, I came to the fandom needing a change. I realized I'd been a bit miserable for some time and too worried for the future. I needed something which was both fun and thought provoking, with good aesthetics. I'd known about for some time, but was initially put off when it was just people putting yiff pictures onto the map as texture "sprays" while playing Garry's Mod (for those who know about that Half Life 2 Mod). After awhi;e, I did my own research and found that there was something more here, so I wound up being curious enough to check it out.

I didn't get into this more until I realized what a big tent it was and that my appreciation of anthropomorphized animals with my other personal tastes would not be amiss.

3. I don't quite have a fursona yet. I'm close to it, I know roughly what I want, but I can't call him complete until I can properly learn to draw him myself.

"Zugus" is going to be a loose amalgamation of a Chocolate Lab with my Ma's dog which is a Rat Terrier-Petite Basset Griffen Van Deen mix' color patterns thrown in. The Actual "Zugus" (upon which my fursona will be partially based) REALLY hates mailmen, hence my username here. Otherwise, "Zugus" will have some of the mellower traits of my old chocolate lab as well as some of my own personality traits. It's a bit too much to describe here without this being a wall of text since I really read into the personality of animals as far making as a Fursona for myself goes.

4. I love the idea of animal people, but am even more fascinated by how peoples' traits are represented by different animals. I've always loved dogs and their undying loyalty, for example, has never ceased to amaze me.

Other animals such as pigs might serve as examples of greed (not that they actually are, just that the first image which comes to mind for me would be the pigs from Animal Farm), wolves as blood bound pack animals, etc. I read a lot into how animals can really symbolize the human condition, or just how they are fascinating enough to play with how their traits respond when anthropomorphized, at least in my head.

I did mention that I also love the art. It's especially great when one can bring the images of these fascinating animal-people to life through art and it adds a dimension which makes this so much more real than mere words on a page. Part of one's soul can really be poured into this and I'm definitely hooked thus far.

I wish I could describe it better, but this just makes me feel a little more complete, and I must say that things have been great since I found this fandom.

I hope that answers things sufficiently, I will attempt to explain things which don't make sense if I can figure out how not to overly write them by accident. I just hope this all makes sense.

BTW: Pounce away, nothing beats getting all the affection and love that a pile of wonderful, furry critters has to offer  :)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 12:45:53 am by Zugus: Bane of mailmen »

-Sun Zug

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 01:08:37 pm »
Welcome to furtopia.

Hope you have a nice stay.

"Tosses you a chocolate chip cookie of welcome."

Old Rabbit :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline Subzerus

• Species: Anthro lizard
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 01:37:10 pm »
Hi and welcome!
Profile picture by Javatan.
http://javatan.deviantart.com/

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 02:45:46 pm »
Welcome to Furtopia!

Are you also the sworn enemy of parcel deliverymen?
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

• Male
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 11:46:10 pm »
Welcome to Furtopia!

Are you also the sworn enemy of parcel deliverymen?

Why yes! I swear they're up to no good, loudly dropping packages at the door, terrorizing the neighborhood Terriers and Retrievers. They're the bane of all that is good!  >:(

*Picks up chocolate chip cookie and eats it without regard to consequences of chocolate*

-Sun Zug

Offline Michen_S

• Species: Ghost cat
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 12:43:18 pm »
Welcome to this forum! Tread with care, I have the idea we're all a little weird in here.