Author Topic: Faded Furs  (Read 21108 times)

Offline Mister Initial Man

• Species: Lynx/Bear
  • Male
    • The Lynx's Den
Re: Faded Furs
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2020, 05:14:53 am »
Haven't heard from Vurmin in several years, but I did try her email a couple days ago, and discovered she's still alive--just not active anymore.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2020, 08:41:03 am »
Recently, a certain Swiss cheetah Mydeggi has announced that she's leaving the fandom and is selling her fursuit. She was a follower of mine on FA. Many of her fans were upset with the news too. Perhaps there are few furry events/activities in Switzerland.  The virus taking it's toll methinks.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2021, 02:06:11 pm »
Just curious, has anybody heard if any furs faded away due to the coronavirus? Any artists, fursuiters, etc.?

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2021, 11:21:21 pm »
Just curious, has anybody heard if any furs faded away due to the coronavirus? Any artists, fursuiters, etc.?

The artist formerly known as BabsBunny got it a few months ago, then recovered. One of her cats died however.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2021, 11:04:52 pm »
FoxDad webcomic hasn't updated in several months.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2021, 10:21:44 pm »
FoxDad webcomic hasn't updated in several months.

:( I miss that comic series, along with Sabrina Online....*sigh* Guess I really *am* a graymuzzle!
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline BlueStreak

• Species: Red Fox
  • Central Ohio's Original Fox
  • Male
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2021, 12:30:39 am »
When it comes to webcomics, I'm down to SSDD and Twokinds; everything else has either ended or stopped updating.

Offline Taren

• Male
    • Wikifur Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2021, 01:19:40 pm »
Logging on for the first time in like 12 years and this thread is exactly what I was looking for.

So many people I still remember. I wonder how Pillowmint, Kattywampus, Lobar, SportyFox, Romper, and how all the other names that are just foggy memories, are doing. Thank you old school members for sharing a part of my teenage years with me. Remember what a big deal the CSI episode was? Man, time flies.

I heard that Koogs passed away several years ago. Ante and Sunookitsune are married. I'm (hopefully) buying a house next year.

I don't know if I'll ever be back here, so to whomever finds this message in a bottle, please know that this forum meant a lot to me growing up.

If anyone wishes to keep up with me, I'm @BoomtownFox on Twitter.

Good night and good luck. I love you all!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 01:48:31 pm by Taren »

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2021, 11:49:08 pm »
Pretty awesome that you were able to step back into Furtopia after all those years.  Glad Furtopia was special to you.  I am a late comer here and to the fandom.  But I can sort of see how this place would have been a safe and fun place for someone of that age.  I wish I had found this place when I was younger.  Who knows what my life would be now, probably funner!
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

• Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2021, 02:00:03 am »
Hey Taren, glad this forum means a lot to you. Always welcome to come back anytime, ya hear? (Beverly Hillbillies theme starts)
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2021, 11:12:19 am »
I follow Ace of Hearts Fox on YouTube, but he's posted nothing in almost a year.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2021, 09:35:36 am »

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2021, 11:08:04 am »
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2021, 02:16:48 pm »
Got to meet Calamity at my very first fur con. This guy was awesome both in and out of suite. Great sense of humor. One of the best talking fursuiters in  the fandom. 
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2021, 08:50:14 pm »
There was CuteFoxie in Canada who often commented on my YouTube uploads. A fursuiter of course, but no word in several years.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2021, 12:02:25 pm »
Has anyone seen anything involving Drama Llama?
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2021, 11:31:23 am »
I used to watch Sunny Dingo on Youtube, but last video was years ago.  Does anyone know if I am just missing out since I do not use social media?
Is he active anymore?
(Name that tune!)

• Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2021, 12:36:24 am »
Sunny Dingo is still active on Twitter, but I don't really keep up with suiters these days on socials. There's a ton of drama with fursuit makers so I tend to avoid following fursuiters cause unfortunately the drama will follow them, too. :/ 

Furry Code:

My art and such

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2021, 10:01:49 pm »
Speaking of dingoes: It has been some time since Durango Dingo has appeared or posted anything. I recall a message in which he was critical of meat consumption--but "feesh" is okay.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2022, 05:55:39 pm »
Just learned on FB that Fred Michels Phrez Bear just passed. COVID related. Saw him last at MCFC 2021.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2022, 07:53:21 am »
Abrahm Lion/Space Lion, who set up photoshoots at a number of cons over the years, has shut down his online access to photo albums. According to Wikifur, his last appearance at any furcon was in 2019.
(Baps the old humorist.)