general furry discussion > furries on furry

your most hated thing about furry.

(1/40) > >>

Sergalicious:
sister thread to  your favorite thing about furry  so what do you hate most about furry?

for me it is the puns, they are just so, cheesy and there are so many of them, most of the cons i know of are puns as well ( rainfurest, vancufur,etc)

Magna:
The constant roleplaying by some members of the fandom. And this is coming from a veteran seven year Moonguard player in WoW, and officer of an RP guild!

I mean seriously, you don't need cute little elaborate emotes at the end of every sentence, you don't need to *glomp* or *huggles* people constantly, if someone is trying to have a normal conversation with you then you don't need to try be all cutsey and type out your every hypothetical action, just talk to them like a normal person. You don't need to shove your RPs down the throats of everyone nearby and get all pouty in your emotes when they don't respond to your *pouncehugs*.

Sergalicious:
That doesn't bug me too much but I can see how that can be annoying.

Jackie:

--- Quote from: Magna on December 22, 2013, 01:36:52 am ---The constant roleplaying by some members of the fandom. And this is coming from a veteran seven year Moonguard player in WoW, and officer of an RP guild!

I mean seriously, you don't need cute little elaborate emotes at the end of every sentence, you don't need to *glomp* or *huggles* people constantly, if someone is trying to have a normal conversation with you then you don't need to try be all cutsey and type out your every hypothetical action, just talk to them like a normal person. You don't need to shove your RPs down the throats of everyone nearby and get all pouty in your emotes when they don't respond to your *pouncehugs*.

--- End quote ---

I use smiles a lot especially this one, ^_^, because it's just so easy for someone to misunderstand how you mean to say something, for example;

That's stupid!

as opposed to;

That's stupid! ^_^

It comes off as more lighthearted, but I do get what you mean, but if I say *Bearhugs* it's not just doing it for doing its sake, it's more of a normal greeting or show of friendship.

Magna:

--- Quote from: The bear guy on December 22, 2013, 04:58:56 am ---
I use smiles a lot especially this one, ^_^, because it's just so easy for someone to misunderstand how you mean to say something, for example;

That's stupid!

as opposed to;

That's stupid! ^_^

It comes off as more lighthearted, but I do get what you mean, but if I say *Bearhugs* it's not just doing it for doing its sake, it's more of a normal greeting or show of friendship.

--- End quote ---

Nah, see, that's a normal emote used to clarify things, I'm talking about the ones like (-。-)y-゜゜゜, (=^・^=), and (*ยด▽`*) where they have no clarifying function in text other than to be cute and show off how good the person can copy and past things from the internet.

There's a difference between doing something occasionally to say hi or whatever to people you know and constantly narrating your every movement. It's the super excessive roleplaying that bugs me, namely because I've encountered people that just won't quit, even when I've asked them if we can just talk, and then had pouty/grumpy emotes shoved in my face.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version