Author Topic: Varr's Puzzle #4  (Read 4802 times)

Offline Yip

• Species: vulpes vulpes
  • Female
    • Furaffinity
Varr's Puzzle #4
« on: March 11, 2004, 07:08:25 pm »
Oneway Town

Upon arriving, you are greeted by one of the guards. "Welcome to Oneway Town," he says, "where all the streets are one-way. As you're new here, I must caution you that penalties for going the wrong way are severe. Here take this map"

"But sir," you say, "I'm just here to pick up a package from 'The Shoppe' and then I'll be on my way. This map doesn't even tell you which way the streets go."

"Sure it does." The guard replies, "The numbers tell you how many streets could be used to leave each intersection. Take this intersection where we are for example. The map lists it as a 2. That means two of these four directions are legal directions to travel from here. And you know you just came in on Entrance Street so you can't go back out that way. So two of the remaining three directions are legal." The guard looks back toward the way you came in. "You can figure it out as long as you know which bridge to take to get there." he says. "If not I'll be seeing you soon enough down at the courthouse." With that he heads off to capture someone who was trying to leave town by the road you came in.

'The Shoppe' is in the southeast corner of town. You need to figure out how to get there, and then exit the town without going down any streets the wrong way.