Author Topic: Furry avatar for skype!  (Read 2601 times)

Offline Zoxide

• Species: Wolf
  • Male
Furry avatar for skype!
« on: September 11, 2014, 06:33:07 pm »
So i just found this for all you its called Facerig and i found it on steam so you might wanna check it out you can customize the avatar.  No clue on how extensive the customization is but figured some would like it.

www.facerig.com

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
Re: Furry avatar for skype!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 01:59:29 am »
got it a few days ago just sadly i dont have a webcam for it (i bought it knowing i didnt have a webcam because it is cheaper now than later)

and for the customization you can pick from a girl fox (one with a dress one with a robe like thing) fluffo which is some weird racoon looking thing, and danny who is an anthro wolf. you can change the primary fur color and secondary fur color on all of them, and for danny and the girl fox you can change the primary cloths color and secondary cloths color.

on all of the avatars you can add 3 props to them (head, nose, and neck) so things like a few hats, bells, scarfs, head phones

Offline Zoxide

• Male
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 10:14:08 am »
got it a few days ago just sadly i dont have a webcam for it (i bought it knowing i didnt have a webcam because it is cheaper now than later)

and for the customization you can pick from a girl fox (one with a dress one with a robe like thing) fluffo which is some weird racoon looking thing, and danny who is an anthro wolf. you can change the primary fur color and secondary fur color on all of them, and for danny and the girl fox you can change the primary cloths color and secondary cloths color.

on all of the avatars you can add 3 props to them (head, nose, and neck) so things like a few hats, bells, scarfs, head phones

That's pretty dope I might have to get it as well even though I too do not have a webcam.maybe later down the road they will add more features to it.

Offline CodeSquirrel

• Species: Gray squirrel or something
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 07:42:10 pm »
Sadly, being a Linux nerd has its downsides, including missing out on things like this.  Very few software companies actually care about Linux (because tiny market segment and/or fragmentation), and when/if they do, it's usually "second-tier" support, i.e. if it happens to work, good on you; if it doesn't, well, you're probably not really in their target market segment anyway, so you get little/no "official" support beyond the bleeding obvious "user guide" that literally everyone except total newbies and/or the mentally challenged comprehend/guess intuitively.  Not that community support is bad, just that it isn't always 100% reliable, particularly with commercial software.  If this (or a similar thing) ever ends up on Linux (or, even better, it already is, and I'm just unaware), it'll be proof that miracles do happen. :P

Also, I don't imagine creating a fully and properly rigged model for this would be particularly easy, either (if it's even/will be possible at all yet) and part of me wonders if you have to export/convert it to a format specific to the program (wouldn't surprise me, really).  I suppose if one has the means/time/talent, though, it could be a source of commission revenue for furry artists. :P

Another thing is that ever since Microsoft decided to force PulseAudio down our throats with the latest edition of Skype for Linux, I've removed it from my system.  I refuse to install some big, bloated audio "server" with features I don't need (and likely never really will need) just so I can use a piece of proprietary software whose connected service I rarely log onto/use anyway.

Offline Zoxide

• Male
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 12:14:07 am »
Sadly, being a Linux nerd has its downsides, including missing out on things like this.  Very few software companies actually care about Linux (because tiny market segment and/or fragmentation), and when/if they do, it's usually "second-tier" support, i.e. if it happens to work, good on you; if it doesn't, well, you're probably not really in their target market segment anyway, so you get little/no "official" support beyond the bleeding obvious "user guide" that literally everyone except total newbies and/or the mentally challenged comprehend/guess intuitively.  Not that community support is bad, just that it isn't always 100% reliable, particularly with commercial software.  If this (or a similar thing) ever ends up on Linux (or, even better, it already is, and I'm just unaware), it'll be proof that miracles do happen. :P

Also, I don't imagine creating a fully and properly rigged model for this would be particularly easy, either (if it's even/will be possible at all yet) and part of me wonders if you have to export/convert it to a format specific to the program (wouldn't surprise me, really).  I suppose if one has the means/time/talent, though, it could be a source of commission revenue for furry artists. :P

Another thing is that ever since Microsoft decided to force PulseAudio down our throats with the latest edition of Skype for Linux, I've removed it from my system.  I refuse to install some big, bloated audio "server" with features I don't need (and likely never really will need) just so I can use a piece of proprietary software whose connected service I rarely log onto/use anyway.

i totally understand that. i dont use skype at all either.

Offline greenfox

• Species: Fox
  • struct fox_t = { .color = COLOR_GREEN };
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 03:48:58 am »
It would be really cool if there was something like this for google hangouts, since that's what I generally use (it works on Linux too).
"Vira pyveþ maze lirno kaietello jai."
I am only a lone man with ten-thousand dreams.

Weasyl: http://www.weasyl.com/~quyk

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 12:18:35 am »
I am going to try this out. I've seen it before, I believe through Flayrah. The dragon, cat and wolf models look interesting.  :D
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such