Author Topic: Are you a free paw?  (Read 60971 times)

Offline roukan

• Writer/Gamer
  • Female
    • LiveJournal
Re: Are you a free paw?
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2009, 08:09:45 pm »
I think I'm the odd-fur out.  I wear shoes all the time, whenever I can.  If not, my feet get clammy and cold.  My feet just feel a lot better inside something.

If it were perpetually summer, I would have no problem walking around bare-footed.  I love the feeling of cool dirt underneath my feet on the excruciatingly hot days.  I think I need to move to some tropical island or something... :)

I definitely agree. I usually don't take my shoes off. I especially try to keep my socks on unless it is unbearably hot where I am or sometimes when I'm sleeping. I like my feet being clean as well. However, the main reason is probably that I do NOT like human feet...at all. They just creep me out for some reason. I can tolerate my own feet, but I don't like looking at or touching feet, especially others people's feet. If I DID have paws...real animal paws, I would be much happier to leave my feet uncovered.

FCWf3acdw A+ C* D+++ H++ M- P++ R T- W Z- Sf+ RLLW a- cmn++++ d e+ f++ h++ i++ j+ p+ sf+

Offline Ratchet

• The urban fox
  • Male
    • astrofox.co.uk
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2009, 03:54:42 pm »
I'd like to go barepaw but its not really practical where i live, to damn cold and the streets aren't exactly clean, plus i have to wear shoes at work anyway
I'm kinda used to wearing shoes or boots all the time though, i had to wear boots when i worked as a mechanic (and at college in the workshop) dropping a heavy lump of metal on them doesn't bear thinking about :o

I used to go about barefoot when i lived in my own flat, but since i live at my parents house now i usually wear at least socks.

saying that i have got quite thick skin on my soles, probably because I spend 70% of most days (when I'm working) on my feet, and on the few sunny days we do get in summer iIdo go around barefoot, well in my garden anyway.
Is that what the future holds ? Kevlar or cherry wood ? malevolence or good ?
fur code: FCF3adrw A C- D H M- P- R+ T+++ W Z+ Sm+ RLE* a clmu++++ d+ e+ f h* iwf++ j+ p- sm--

My Live Journal: http://astrovulpine.livejournal.com/

Offline Mr. Myotis

• Male
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2009, 10:50:26 pm »
I LOVE to walk bare footed, its a great feeling, but the only time I can walk free pawed is when I´m in school, in my house or in my comunity (Its small, very). I only walk digigrade when I walk up stairs or on all 4´s. I can´t practice walking digigrade cause I don´t have any special made shoes or anything close to it.

It´s not like I don´t like walking free pawed, its that I can´t everywhere. I live in Bogota, its pretty dirty. I´ve also tried walking in the snow free pawed, I like it but it hurts my paws :(

Anyway, I love it, even since I was 6, I would walk EVERYWHERE with flip flops or free pawed.

Pet's name: Dark Lobo
Adopt your own!

I am Dark Lobo! Fear me!

Offline Savaaha

• Female
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2009, 12:06:03 am »
*wiggles her toes* FREEEEDOOM!

I despise shoes, cant go barefoot too much nowadays but I do wear sandals on all but the coldest days.

Offline Wolvenblaze

• Three if by Arwing
  • Male
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2009, 06:23:26 pm »
Whenever I can manage it I go out like this, which is quite often when living in Florida.

When I was really little I used to run across the street in heat so hot you could cook an egg on the road. Well, maybe, I never actually tried >.> My parents would as me why and I'd say "To make paws!" I think I meant pawpads, not sure. And that might have just been because my feet were black after running acros the road :p

But now days it's almost a ritual. Right when the first heat of summer bakes up the sidewalk and roads I start walking on them barefoot for half an hour a day to build up some tough callouses to make ti through the summer. It's far more comfortable and very helpful when my cat slips out and we have to go chase her down fast XD

As a fellow Floridian, I wouldn't be able to imagine scalding my tender paws on burning concrete or gravel.  It might be because I live in Miami (where it feels like hell is above the aquifer), or it may be my own foot-related inhibitions, but the idea of going outside without an inch of rubber underneath me is frightening.
"Don't forget to cash all your checks before you legally change your name" ~ Me

"A winner is a person who's present when someone loses." ~ also Me

"The only room for these goods in the city is right here in my cart!" ~ Deliveryman from Zeus

Offline Fenny the Fox

« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2009, 02:02:12 pm »
I go free-pawed during the summer, a lot.
But it is a little too cold for me this time of year. I like my paws to be nice and warm.
*puts on socks*
F[Fennec]CF3a A C D H++ M- P+++ R T+ W Z! Sm RLET a cln+ d! e+ f+ h+ i+ j+ p+ sm+

P[red panda]/>F[fennec] B++ BB+ C+ E+ FF++ I+ >M MM- N+ O+ Tru* a

Offline Wolf_Paw

• Just your friendly neighborhood pink wolf
  • Female
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2009, 06:32:19 am »
I'm only a free-paw in the summer, it gets WAY too cold in New York this time of year :( And in summer sometimes the pavement burns m paws, so I wear flip-flops outdoors. I love going bare paw on the cool tiles indoors though. Ah, bliss.

My furry code: FCW4a A+ C- D+++ H+ M P++ R T+++ W Z- Sf RLU a- cw++ d+ e f++ h* i++ j++ p++ sf-

Offline Mianame

• Female
    • www.mirches.deviantart.com
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2009, 06:32:52 pm »
Whenever I can manage it I go out like this, which is quite often when living in Florida.

When I was really little I used to run across the street in heat so hot you could cook an egg on the road. Well, maybe, I never actually tried >.> My parents would as me why and I'd say "To make paws!" I think I meant pawpads, not sure. And that might have just been because my feet were black after running acros the road :p

But now days it's almost a ritual. Right when the first heat of summer bakes up the sidewalk and roads I start walking on them barefoot for half an hour a day to build up some tough callouses to make ti through the summer. It's far more comfortable and very helpful when my cat slips out and we have to go chase her down fast XD

As a fellow Floridian, I wouldn't be able to imagine scalding my tender paws on burning concrete or gravel.  It might be because I live in Miami (where it feels like hell is above the aquifer), or it may be my own foot-related inhibitions, but the idea of going outside without an inch of rubber underneath me is frightening.

Yeah, I actually don't know if I could do it in Miami o.o I'm an hour and a half away from Alabama's border, so there's probably about a ten degree difference between our two places :p But yeah, it's definitely not pleasant but about mid-summer I swear I can walk on anything and not feel a thing.

Offline missywolf

• Female
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2009, 11:24:47 pm »
I'm only barefoot indoors, but the past month I've worn socks all the time. My feet are so cold right now, and I got on thick fuzzy socks. :(

Offline josh down

• Male
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2009, 06:53:32 am »
i go free-paw whenever i can! which is alot. lol

in the summer i barely ever put stuff on my feet. say i was gonna take the dogs for a walk i'd just go barefoot cause it's only grass and a little tarmac...

also, if i was to go and do a gig i'd go free-paw... shoes are way too restricting...

and even the shoes i wear are free-feeling... skate-shoes just kinda loosely hug your hind-paws and you can slip them off and on at any point... they're awesome. unfortunately though, they're starting to make them tighter fitting for some reason. they're becominf more of a fashion statement than shoes for skating...

i kinda half wish i was hotter more often so that i could go free-paw more... but meh... i love the cold way too much
just your average self-effacing, herbivorous predator

Offline Leon the Coyote

• Male
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2009, 08:44:04 am »
I love going free-paw. There's nothing i love more then the feel of grass and a good breeze on my paws. If i cant free-paw i'll wear sandals since it's the next best thing
Some people wear a Fursuit on special occasions...I wear normal clothes on Special occasions

Offline Wolf Axle

• Male
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2009, 08:47:26 pm »
free paw i've been recently training for a mor animalistic detro..-something srry not big fan of memorizing names of science ... oh well umm so i loved going free paw and when i used to do it i could walk one glass and not even have it pierce my skin but recently iv'e been training for speed and it's been a while so yeah i got to keep training for calaces

Pet's name: Iruu Darra
Adopt your own!
my fur code: FCW A+ C- D+++ H++ P++++ R+ T++++ W Z Sm RLWC a- c++ e- f++++ h* i++ j++++

Offline KitsuNinja

• Space Pirate
  • Male
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2009, 09:20:48 am »
Sometimes. When I feel like it.

It does feel more natural, and it feels like it supposed to be like that.

Don't know why.
Kemono Party > Furry and kemono fan realists who would rather embrace random and cuteness over being drama-queen furries, furry vs furry bashing or a furry who tries too hard. :3

Offline Aleya Lunara

• Fallen from the heavens.
  • Female
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2009, 04:04:42 pm »
I do on occasion, mostly in the summer. However, there are all sort of nasty creepy crawlies around here and I don't go outside free pawed very often unless I know where I'm stepping, and what's there. I have been stung before in the foot from free paw, so I go the the next closest thing, sandals.
"To those who understand, I extend my hand. To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am. Not under your command, I know where I stand. I won't change to fit your plan, take me as I am..." -Dream Theater

Offline FoxyFox

• Female
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2009, 04:44:07 pm »
I'm free pawed 99.9% of the year.  In the hottest of summers I remember frying an egg on the hood of my car just to see if I could.  I stood there free pawed while it fried.  We can get up to 4 foot of snow here too, and I walk in that free pawed too.  Of course I'm not much of a winter fur.  So I tend to stay in most of the winter, but I'm still free pawed in the house.  I only have 1 pair of shoes.... sandals.  And I only have those because there's still a few stores I can't go without them.

I can walk across goat head thorns and broken glass without getting hurt.  Haven't had a run in with tacks or nails yet tho.  I don't have callouses, just very leathery pads.

Oh, I can open doors and pick stuff up with my paws.  And I just love the feel of soft squishy mud between my toes! (: :)

Pet's name: Synder
Adopt your own!

Offline Black Foot

• Me in my Wolf form
  • Male
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2009, 05:12:23 pm »
I go free paw whenever I can in the spring and also in the summer time. I barely go free paw in the fall but I can't go free pawed in the winter cuz of the fricken snow. But I'd love to go free as much as possible.
In Memory of Balto the one who saved a dog sled person & his dogs from cold temperatures.

Pets name: SandStorm
Adopt your own!

TO all that lives in the Darkness be proud of it and to those who

Offline Motor Mouth

• Your girlfriend's favorite cuddle buddy.
  • Male
    • My FurAffinity Page
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2009, 08:04:25 pm »
Must be weird for saying this, but I hate people's feet and never go without shoes. I'm not a big fan of paws neither, but that comes from this one time when my rabbit put his paw in my mouth while I was sleeping. >:(
New fursona, new account, new hotness ----->http://www.furaffinity.net/user/TDK/

Offline Mazz

• CAW!
  • Female
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2009, 01:35:21 am »
When I can be barefoot I am. If I have to have foot covering I try with sandals. Anytime it's above 50 degrees and there is more dry space then snow I'll be in sandals.
Shoes if I have too but... I don't like it.
http://mazz.livejournal.com/
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/mazz/
http://tornfeathers.deviantart.com
http://tornfeathers.tumblr.com
--

Rehabber by trade, conservationist by choice
Love your wildlife where it belongs, in the wild

Offline KitsuNinja

• Space Pirate
  • Male
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2009, 05:09:40 pm »
Am right now.  ;)

Feels nice, actually.
Kemono Party > Furry and kemono fan realists who would rather embrace random and cuteness over being drama-queen furries, furry vs furry bashing or a furry who tries too hard. :3

Offline Luku

• "Tell 'em I said something cool."
  • Male
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2009, 05:39:04 pm »
When I was a kid, I went barefoot whenever possible. Especially during the summer. My feet would get so tough I could walk on broken glass. Even now I wear shoes as little as possible but I'll never, ever leave the house barepaw.

Offline zyymurgy

• What do you mean, never heard of it?
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2009, 04:55:36 pm »
Ever since I was very young, I've abhorred shoes - I always go barefoot, whenever I can. If I could, I would never wear shoes. I have very tough skin on my feet, that can stand up to things that would normally make someone yell "OUCH!" (like walking over sharp gravel, or stepping on broken glass!). Shoes, to me, are a neccessity for humanity and our soft, tender feets, but for someone like me, shoes are for the no.
Let's see how long the clock will tick; minutes winding into hours before the muffled sound is consumed by the flies...

:D Go click my Pokemon! :D

Offline Katra

• Male
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2009, 01:02:10 am »
I like to go barefoot when I can; but a lot of the time it isn't possible.  :'(
Richard Reid
Captain; webship Corwinda

Offline Mianame

• Female
    • www.mirches.deviantart.com
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2009, 09:47:09 pm »
I'm actually curious about another question now. It's obvious that a lot of us free paw, but why exactly do you all do it? Does it come naturally or did you train yourself into it?

Offline Hayaikawa

• May your dreams be plentiful and lucid
  • Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2009, 10:01:28 pm »
for me ive always just loved walking barefott, but as for having strong feet you fo have to work yourself into that.

If you interested in lucid dreaming just drop me a PM or stop by the lucid dreaming thread I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2625411/#cid:19342751
All is possible in a dream.

Offline animagusurreal

• Finishing the Hat
  • Male
    • VividGroovy.com
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2009, 06:32:37 am »
I always wear socks in the house (my feet get cold) and shoes outside, but whenever I go into the office of the newspaper I freelance for, everyone is barefoot (including the head editor). Everyone except me, of course :). Maybe they're all secretly "free paw" furries!  (:

DA         FA