Author Topic: Deployment Photos...  (Read 4341 times)

Offline Shiru_Da_Koon

• Species: Werecoon
  • The wind can't blow without having a scent
  • Male
Deployment Photos...
« on: April 08, 2015, 03:09:39 pm »
So im not entirely sure how I would upload photos to the forum due to our internet giving us certain permissions to the uploading photos, not to mention the fact that gettting the picture clear would be trouble itself haha but when my tail and ear set gets here im going to be wlaking around and seeing how many people will take photos with a furry hahah hopefully I run into other furries and can get them into the Furtopian Family  8) but Im starting this post so that I can access it when i get my stuff here for the photos :3
With my Mother's Love and Wisdom and my Father's Strength and Discipline... This I Will Defend...

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Deployment Photos...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 08:56:17 pm »
If you want to show photos on Furtopia, you'll have to upload them to a Photobucket, Flickr, or other pic hosting site, then put a link to them in your post on Furtopia.

Offline Shiru_Da_Koon

• Species: Werecoon
  • The wind can't blow without having a scent
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 01:14:33 am »
and then just copy and paste the link in the comment box and itll pop up as a picture or as the link?
With my Mother's Love and Wisdom and my Father's Strength and Discipline... This I Will Defend...

Offline 9141702

• Species: Anthro Rat
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 02:37:53 pm »
Well this isn't what I was expecting at all XD

"Deployment photos? If that's not against the forum T&Cs it surely MUST be against the government's!"

Sometimes I wonder how I survived to adulthood....

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 04:58:23 pm »
and then just copy and paste the link in the comment box and itll pop up as a picture or as the link?

You have a couple of options.  If you just copy and paste the link, the forums will (usually) automagically hyperlink it.

http://forums.furtopia.org/Themes/head-left.jpg

You can also use BBC to explicitly create a link; this is a good practice, since you may occasionally find a link that the forum's parser doesn't successfully recognize.  You can also make the hyperlinked text different from that of the actual URL.  For instance, "[url=http://forums.furtopia.org/Themes/head-left.jpg]This is my link![/url]" produces "This is my link!".

Last but not least, you can use BBC to actually display the image on the page.  For example, "[img]http://forums.furtopia.org/Themes/head-left.jpg[/img]" produces this:

You can combine the [img] and [url] tags to create hyperlinked images; the [url] tag goes on the outside, and the [img] tag goes on the inside.

(*edit*) See also Mylo's post on the subject, which goes into detail on how to use and get links from image hosting services.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 04:59:57 pm by redyoshi49q »
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!