Author Topic: Red like roses (IC)  (Read 24318 times)

Offline Blackrose13

• Species: Fox/wolf/corgi/other canine
  • The furry little freak
  • Male
Red like roses (IC)
« on: October 22, 2013, 09:29:57 pm »
The tiger sat in the moonlite window, looking out over the city and sketching on his pad. Suddenly he sat up, ears flicking back and searching out over the city. "I smell something....."
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)
Official Game master status! :D
"As long as theres music, ill keep on dancing!"

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
Re: Red like roses (IC)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 09:35:03 pm »
Naomi yawned as she sat at the kitchen table eating her cereal. It had been a long morning so far and everything was going rather slowly. Naomi looked out the window and wondered why her mother was so overprotective. She kinda knew because it was of vampires. "Mom? Can I go out today with my friends?" she asked curiously with her face in her paw and her elbow on the table.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 09:40:11 pm »
Mark was busy tinkering in his lab. He was experimenting with many things, small semi automatic machines and some medical technology filled his lab. The cold temperatures needed to store biological samples helped keep him cool, he hated the heat. His assistant didn't show today, called in sick. He scratched his ears as he opened the fridge and retrieved a blood pack. It wasn't as satisfying but it was better than nothing. He was studying the effects of vampire venom as a pharmaceutical treatment for pain and other ailments but met with modest success. He had the most trouble with removing the addictive properties.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 09:49:06 pm »
The venom was difficult to work with, but it could prove amazingly useful if this research payed of.

Xelif considered. "Who?"
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 09:50:15 pm »
"My friends. Who else?" Naomi asked crossing her arms slightly. "It's not really important. They're kinda... new friends."
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 09:59:16 pm »
Mark was wise enough to stock up on blood for just such an occasion, his assistant was his primary source but he was rather willing once he found out about his vampire coworker. Due to his unchanging appearance Mark easily went to many classes but as the schools changed so did the knowledge, becoming outdated and unimportant as time went by. He had a doctorate in hemotoloigy and virology. Everything else was outdated or couldn't be used in conjunction with eachother. Frustrated with his lack of progress he consulted his past notes. Years of study and effort rarely seeming to work out. He felt like he was close, some common factor, some hidden chemical must be linked together somehow. He just had to find it.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 11:47:36 pm »
Tarot had packed up her campsite a rew hours ago, checked her supplies and found that she was extremely low "well back to the monastery" she arrived after some time, going through the purification rituals and stripping her body bare of clothing, custom demanded it. She looked up at the first picture in the hall of the enlightebed, just past the foyer her... her well she had no clue how many generations back, but her grandmother had started the temple with her husband hennen, a rather attractive fox...he didn't look very strong but the stories told of the pair... she shook herself from her reverie "I look just like you grandma" she pictures of the pair seemedvto gaze down seductively she shivered and went to attend to her duties

-------
Two days later
-------
Tarot grabved her gear, attended to her exit rituals, and left the temple "by the order of the shining coffin I pledge to purge the earth of the supernatural"
And she headed to town
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 01:40:28 am »
Jacques was awoken with a splash of water to his face. "get up you lay-about. Bar's about to open and you need to be primed for the fight." Jacques sat up and rubbed his face. "Alright alright Silas." Jacques walked over to his wash basin and splashed some more water on his face. He looked around his room. He lived in the attic of a tavern, where he fought in it's illegal and underground fight-club. There were worse places he figured, like dead in a ditch. Which is what he nearly was until Silas took him in. He shook the thoughts of the past from his head, he had a fight ahead and he needed to get his mind in the game. He walked over to his fighting dummy and began swinging at it, he loved fighting. Getting to go toe to toe bettering himself physically, he just loved it. However he was wary of some of the patrons, he knew they weren't normal furs for certain. While throwing a few jabs he shouted down stairs. "Hey Silas who's my next opponent?!" A raspy older voice shouted back. "Some upstart named Logan, he's out for blood from what I hear!" Jacques just let out a laugh and went on to speed exercises.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 07:38:13 am »
Mark decided to take a break from the science and headed to his game room. He loved technology as he was plenty old enough to know what life was like without it. He played Portal ironically enough. Cave Johnson reminded him of his long since passed father, he remembered how stubborn yet caring he was. They died of an illness but couldn't remember what it was, he was sick too. Vampireism is the best cure for lethal sickness after all. The cold helped keep the tech cool as well, just another bonus to a normal restriction in any warmer climate.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 04:11:14 pm »
After a few hours of Portal and Portal 2, Mark decided to go outside. It was late at night and the sun was no issue. He wore rather plain clothing, a red shirt and some jeans, and really the only thing setting him apart would be the cooled air around him and his ghostly white fur. He slowly left his lab and went upstairs to go outside. The night air was kind of humid but tolerably warm. He went to the park and checked for anyone around. Seeing nobody at the moment, he summoned his wings. They seemed to crackle as they moved when he stretched them and appeared sharp, thin and light blue. He liked them, the way they shimmered in the moon light, the light reflecting through the semi transparent plates of his delicate wings.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 11:33:14 pm »
(Waiting rose to give me some sceene)
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2013, 12:00:45 pm »
*I'll keep posting details every so often until then*

Mark examined his wings closer. He remembered when they just looked  like tan skin stretched over the bones and how they'd just drip condensation. Now they seemed to be covered in interlocking plates of ice. He could tell that his cryomancy was improving, if only a little. He couldn't freeze water but when the fridge acts up he could easily chill his assistants beverages. He kept the fridge modestly stocked. He thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to be seen buying food. It's a good cover and he let his coworker take what he liked. The rest was just going to spoil anyway so he decided to start a garden with the compost.

He could still see the delicate membranes of his wings in some spots. The first time he saw his wings of ice he thought they were completely made of the stuff. After chipping off a good piece on accident he soon learned otherwise.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2013, 12:24:32 pm »
(Hope blackrose isn't ill, Not seen him for a while o.o)
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline SkyFire

• Species: Pheonus Vulneras
  • The Sky is grey, for my Rose did fade away.
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2013, 02:28:26 pm »
(Hope blackrose isn't ill, Not seen him for a while o.o)

I think, with a massive feeling of guilt, he might've left because I appearently did... I'm sorry... :'(
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2013, 02:36:51 pm »
(He would have said something, Besides, he hasn't been online on FB either o.o Ah well, Time will tell I guess ^_^)
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline SkyFire

• Species: Pheonus Vulneras
  • The Sky is grey, for my Rose did fade away.
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2013, 03:54:32 pm »
(can you pm me your fb username? Besides, something else might've happened.)
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2013, 04:13:41 pm »
(I hope everything is ok...)
Mate of WereCat

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2013, 04:17:03 pm »
(I'm sure he's fine ^_^ just busy most likely, I guess we just all get a little paranoid sometimes because we're on the internet and can't check up on each other as easily as IRL :P Sledge was fine  :))

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2013, 04:20:53 pm »
(He was...I guess I'll just do whatever with Mark until then...or until some kind of interaction, or nothing. I don't know.)
Mate of WereCat

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2013, 09:00:56 pm »
(BlackRose is back!  8) )

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2013, 09:12:13 pm »
Yeah, but only for tonight and some of tommorow
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2013, 10:44:12 am »
(Waiting rose to give me some sceene)
If you'd fill me in while you're here? Btw great to see you glad you're ok

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2013, 10:00:58 pm »
(You know who I regret not seeing again? Blademaster and Madame No. You think they could make an appearance somewhere Rose?)

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2013, 12:42:39 pm »
(whtwolf, I'd assume that it would be ok to make something up decently. As long as it has no significant impact on the story lke saying that the town was in a volcano or something.)

Mark looked up toward the moon and laid down on the grass nearby. The moon shone bright just like the night he was reborn. He remembered it like it was only about 5 years ago despite it being much longer.

It was a clear night sky, the wind was awfully quiet, as if the world was holding its breath. My family was sick, doctors gave up some kind of paracite they thought, ending our hope as they left. One by one my family died and all I could do was watch and wait for my time to close my eyes and dream forever. A strange figure staggered in, wearing tattered clothes, in the middle of winter. If I wasn't dying I would have cared. If he killed me or not, this creature eating me alive would have. In a way I did die that day. The figure walked over and sat down by me, the last of my family, my dad, mom, younger sister and my grandfather had all passed before I did. The house seemed to grow darker as if this thing that killed my family was turning on the structure itself. The figure said something. I'm still not sure what it said, the only thing I could make out was something about helping. Time had eroded my memory. The next thing I could recall was a pain in my body unlike any other before. I woke up some time later, vomited some kind of bile and looked around, It was the dead of night, I was outside but the cold didn't bother me anymore. I then began my existance with my new body, the fiendish creature purged from my body.

Mark examined his hands, thinking all the potential his little sister could have had, the years stolen from her. He knew that it was the main reason he didn't want to hurt anyone, the reason he became a doctor. The kind of person who would save lives.

Mate of WereCat

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2013, 11:54:28 am »
(skyfire is accepted, this is put on hold till my permanant return)
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu