Author Topic: Vengeance of a 1000 Stars(IC)  (Read 14605 times)

Offline SkyFire

• Species: Pheonus Vulneras
  • The Sky is grey, for my Rose did fade away.
  • Male
Vengeance of a 1000 Stars(IC)
« on: February 16, 2014, 08:59:48 am »
(you all are going to kill me for this.... Paused until I can post)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 12:02:30 pm by SkyFire »
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline SkyFire

• Male
Re: Vengeance of a 1000 Stars(IC)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 06:01:21 pm »
It all seemed like such a normal day... The sphinx was going through yet another customs inspection, third one of the week. a frigate was pulled alongside and an armed inspection team was aboard the ship, waiting for the captain. Team FadeOut was rehearsing for an exhibition two days out near the orbital arena in the orbital city, a large collection of station in orbit above the planet. Meanwhile in the midst of the orbital city itself, onboard the free trade station, valiruis was having another one of those days. The pleasure borg dealer wasnt being cooperative, as he sat in the lounge, smirking at the warg. "Look valarius, you want to haul my shipments, and you had to dump part of your last load. Why should I?"
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 06:30:52 pm »
Valarius tensed up getting annoyed then relaxed and exhaled. "Look it was only part, and i still got a good chunk of profit on it. Plus who else do you know that is crazy and willing enough to take this job." Valarius pulled out a flask and took a swig, whipping away a few stray drops he began to speak again. "Look this will be the easiest profit ever, my intel says the pathway is straight and clear. Has been the past few months. I just tell the buyer..." Valarius put on his business voice a mix of commanding dripping with some sensuality. "...Look we got ambushed on the way here so you're lucky i even came at all, So naturally all im asking 15% more to cover weaponry and repairs. If not i know another buyer who would very much love to have these as well..." Valarius switched back to his normal voice. " Well then seller of sins, what's it gonna be?"
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 06:36:00 pm »
Blades, Leon, and Trish were in their fighters practicing all their usual tactics and drills in preparation for the upcoming exhibition. Bianca was stationed in The Blackbird, monitoring the three as they rehearsed. She turned on her comm-link as they finished "Alright, across the board pretty good. There was a rough patch or two however...Leon, your left your tail completely exposed during the turn n' fire drill. Trish, watch your veering and turns they were quite loose. Blades...no comment, you seemed to do very well today."

"Well there's a reason I sprung for the better armor plating on this fighter..." Leon answered.

"And...noted. Alright, i'll make sure to remember that for the match." Trish said as she jotted down a note.

Blades leaned back a bit and smiled "Thank you very much Bianca, I been practicing..." his tone was a little smug.

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 07:03:57 pm »
the captain marched into the holding area, no one could pass the area without either A-having the proper clearance chips, or B- damaging her ship. Her assistant spoke up "welcome aboard the sphinx, would you like to begin the inspection now?" her assistant was shorter...by about two inches, but then again, most fabbits never grew very big.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Aryd

• Species: Rainbow Snake (Farancia erytrogramma)
  • Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 10:01:12 pm »
Gavelo was sitting up on a barstool, in one of the many bars in the orbital city. He was doing his best to tone out the jabbering of Donovan, who absolutely would not shut up about ways they could actually begin fighting. "C'mon!" The fox whined, "At least let me go out there." At this point, Gavelo actually spit his drink across the bar surface in shock, one of the robotic bartenders swooping over, and cleaning it up without a word. The wolf turned and glared down at the fox with an agitated look on his face, causing Donovan to actually whimper a bit. "Now let me make this quite clear." Gavelo began in his raspy tone of voice. "You are not to go out there without my approval. Ever. If you were to go out there in a situation that was not perfectly crafted to keep your puny little scout intact, you would not make it back. Period." Donovan nodded quickly "Yes sir." Gavelo shooed Donovan away. "Now go do something. I don't care wha- Actually, go find Terrance, make sure he's not juggling grenades or something stupid like that." Donovan nodded again "Of course sir." The small fox quickly ran outside, and scampered down the hall, head to where he saw Terrance last: The free trade station. As he arrived, he accidentally bumped into Valarius in his haste. "Sorry!" He said quickly.
GameMaster Status!

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 10:24:27 pm »
Before Donovan bumped into him, valarius's employer and shook his head. "No. You've cost me several million credits. It ain't gonna happen. You know how I've always said I need to "axe" this deal or that relationship? Well, consider our relationship axed." he said, stand and leaving the lounge as Donovan bumped into valarius.
Gavelo had this sense of impending doom as three cat soldiers in full body armor minus the helmet entered the room and headed straight for him. They were armed and on duty. "one of the bartenders informed us of your conversation.... Would you care to tell us about it, that way we can be nice, mongrol?" the officer, denoted by a badge on his chest, asked him.
The inspection captain frowned. "we'll start in your engineering section and work our way forward, after you let my four other crews aboard."
There was a sudden flash of light, and a police cruiser with four frigates jumped into being in front of team fadeout's ship. A captain, presumably the cruiser's, flickered to life on their view screens. "Halt your engines and stand down, you are all subject to an inspection."
10K post club.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 10:30:11 pm »
Valarius glared at Donovan then raised a hand as if to strike him. "Ay! learn to watch were you are going and who you run into. You see i just had a bad day, so i have plenty of time to make your worse." Valarius snarled a bit a Donovan "Where is somebody like you going in such a hurry anyways"

(sorry i read it all together.)

« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 10:36:05 pm by SeaOfWhispers »
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 10:32:08 pm »
Valarius took a mental sketch of Donovan, He had a feeling he might see him again. Valarius smirked at the officer. "You know what..." Valarius took a deep breath he was about to say something he'd regret later, but then i kicked him. He had no more allegiance to his former employer. "Get me a stiff drink and a pack of Imperium smokes and we can talk."

(sea, wrong area. The officer is on a different station, the only person in your area is Donovan)
10K post club.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2014, 10:32:37 pm »
"Fine, just give us a couple minutes to dock and you can proceed. Would've been nice to have a little forewarning though..." Blades said with a rather snarky tone. He switched to FadeOut's private comm channel on his headset "Aight ladies and gents, it's the fuzz. Stow all non-laser weapons in your fighter's smuggling chambers, standard inspection protocol people."

Leon, Trish, and Bianca stashed all their contraband weapons and ammo. "God I hate these guys...let's just get this over with..." Bianca said to herself.

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 10:33:18 pm »
Gavelo stood quickly, seeing the cats, and nodding. "Why yes sir... We were simply... Role-Playing!" He nodded, a smile on his face, though it seemed to be a nervous smile. Gavelo put his hand on his gun, which was strapped to his side, under his trench coat. He pulled up his comm, and spoke through it to Donovan in as calm a voice as he could. "Donovan, once you find Terrance, I need you both to return to me. ASAP."
GameMaster Status!

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 10:33:41 pm »
"if your crews wish to come aboard they may enter through the proper entrance, this one" she frowned "not to be rude but the only others who have access to the outer airlocks are the engineering crews, they do not have the clearance to let anyone aboard"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 10:41:49 pm »
The cat officer snorted and looked at him derisively. "like it or not, you're getting inspected by thirty armed soldiers of the regime, even if they have to cut their way in, captain." he said, keying on his comlink. "Stand by to storm the ship."

The Officer smirked. "maybe you'd like to show what you have under your Coat...." he said to gavello as the two other soldiers readied their plasma rifles.

The cruiser fired a beam laser at blades ship, with his shields deactivated, it literally cut off his engines from his ship. "got any more remarks, fly-boy?" the captain asked, smiling as two frigates pulled alongside the team's destroyer to begin inspection, while a tractor beam pulled the fighters towards the cruiser.

10K post club.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 10:45:59 pm »
(sea, wrong area. The officer is on a different station, the only person in your area is Donovan)

(fixed and thanks, my mind put it all together.)
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 10:51:49 pm »
Gavelo nodded, chuckling nervously. "Um... Yeah... That would... be... My rash! Oh, yeah, horrible, that is! Tell you three handsome gentlemen what, if I were you... I'd step out of that drunk's vomit." There, of course, was no vomit, but Gavelo would run for it as soon as the officers looked down.
Meanwhile, Donovan raised his hands defensively for a moment, before replying. "Oh, um... sorry... again. You haven't seen a Hyena, have you? I'm looking for him. Terrance is short a few chromosomes. He likes explosives. Too much in fact..." He received the comm from Gavelo, and replied, "Uh... Yes sir. Are you well? You sound uneasy."
GameMaster Status!

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 10:53:09 pm »
Bianca chimed in "You're payin' for that sir!" she got her smg ready should it get ugly.

Blades, Leon, and Trish all got their laser weapons ready should the worst happen. "It's called common courtesy sir, or is that too far above your pay grade?" he went back to the private link "Remember team, they try to cuff any of us, you shoot...sort it out later."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2014, 10:55:34 pm »
"A Hyena..." Valarius pondered for a moment, he remembered seeing a Hyena while talking to his ex-employer. " Yeah, he went off that way." Valarius pointed to a corridor that lead to a few areas most notably the store rooms. "You don't need help do ya? If you do i'll be over here" Valarius walked over to the bar and order himself a skull twister.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 11:11:28 pm by SeaOfWhispers »
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2014, 11:01:24 pm »
Now one of the largest railguns on the cruiser visibly shifted to aim dead at blades' fighter. "preformer, eh? Guess what, flyboy, keep it up and you get to preform what happens when a railgun rips through your fighter" the captain threatened him, as the frigates began to disgorge boarding parties of 15.

The officer's comm gauntlet beeped and he looked down, as one soldier looked down and the other kept his rifle on gavello. "there's no vomit...."

10K post club.

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2014, 11:08:11 pm »
Gavelo drew his laser pistol and fired at the officer still looking at him, while shouting. "Keep looking, you'll see it!" He yelled, before dashing off towards the back of the bar, crashing through the window, which had been modified to have water running down it (one of those waterfall windows you see on tv and stuff), and finding himself god knows where, with quite a few people staring at him, being a strange man who just crashed through a window. Without thinking, Gavelo fired off three lasers into the air in quick succession before yelling his go-to phrase for getting panic started: "EVERYBODY RUN!"
GameMaster Status!

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2014, 11:11:50 pm »
"then I guess they'll have to cut their way in, even I can't override their orders, they are standard protocol from my planet, if you wish to enter you may however enter through the approved entrance" she smiled "it'll take you about three hours to cut your way in, it would like to follow standard operating proceedure I would be more than happy to comply."

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2014, 11:15:18 pm »
"You'd kill an innocent pilot? You do realize if you do that, my blood will be all over your paws sir...every team FadeOut fan would hate you and believe me buddy boy, our fanbase is pretty big...also you'd probably get at least demoted if not fired and incarcerated for murder...wouldn't look good on your reputation since I never threatened violence on you." Blades responded coolly and intellectually but with a little arrogance "And it's exhibitionist, get it right sir. I may preform tricks but believe me, my fighter still packs one hell of a punch..."

Leon simply pulled out a video game, trying to pass the time before the officers were gone.

Trish chimed in on the FadeOut private link "Might wanna tread lightly Blades...he sounds serious...and I really wanna live..."

Bianca simply sat in the pilot's room, bored and displeased as the frigates boarded for inspection. "You better pay the damages or I will sue you..." she said over the open link rather dryly.

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2014, 11:22:24 pm »
"Then let them in, before I suspend your luscense to operate!" the officer snarled at aventus.

Gavello's shots killed the officer and the two soldiers started to spray fire as he jumped into the  station commons,causing all hell to break loose as people ran everywhere, screaming, and guards struggled to find out what the hell was going on as people started to use their own weapons, crying "REVOLUTION!!!"

The cruiser captain leaned forward and touched a control. "guess what I've learned? The more punch a ship packs, the prettier the explosion. You have no engines, you cant move, and one shot will obliterate you forever. My superiors don't care about little mutt dogs like you, as far as theyre concerned, I'm simply putting down a disobedient puppy." He said, the railgun lighting up red, ready to fire.
10K post club.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2014, 11:27:35 pm »
Valarius heard people scream and shots off in the distance. He dashed as fast as he could to the location and within moments he was at the scene of the shooting. He spied the downed officer and started to make his way to his side to check his vitals. Valarius spied the other two officers he began to speak to them. "What happened here?! Did you guys call medics yet?!"
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2014, 11:35:31 pm »
Gavelo looked around, finding out where he was. "Uh... Commons!" He began pushing his way through the crowd, making his way towards the hangar. He pulled up his comm, shouting at this point. "DONOVAN! WE'RE LEAVING THIS DUMP. GET TERRANCE AND MEET ME AT THE HANGAR!"

Donovan heard his chief's voice without having to pull up his comm. His face went flush red. "And... that we be the man looking for him..." He quickly ran off down the corridor, in the direction opposite that of Valarius. "Thanks! Gotta go!" He stopped at the door where he heard rustling, and opened it to find Terrance, sorting through plasma grenades, which he apparently looted from some crates. The hyena grinned, and said, "It's like Christmas!" "We gotta leave." Donovan said firmly. "NOW." Terrance stood, up, cramming a grenade into each of his pockets, and dashing after
Donovan, out the door and down the hall. Donovan pulled up his comm and spoke instead to the AI imbedded in it. "Computer, I need you to guide me to the hangar!" "Affirmative." A female voice said in a calm tone. "Turn left in 10 meters."
GameMaster Status!

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2014, 11:36:17 pm »
the pilots aboard the sphinx had been listening to their captains talk with the boarding party...in fact the entire ship had been listening, Avris marched to the coms bay "private channels, prepare to send a distress signal, code 493, but don't send it yet" the crew busied it's self  stowing any contraband...mostly stuff that wouldn't get them in too much trouble, outlawed food and beverage, but a few weapons and readying their quarters...more afraid of failing the captains inspection.

the captain smiled and the door behind the officer opened "they may come in, but they must follow standard operating procedure"