Author Topic: Engulfing Darkness IC  (Read 5829 times)

Offline SkyFire

• Species: Pheonus Vulneras
  • The Sky is grey, for my Rose did fade away.
  • Male
Re: Engulfing Darkness IC
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2014, 11:03:21 pm »
Three ominous figures on horseback rode into town. Their horses hoves were wreathed in icy flames, while blue fire burned in their eyes. Mounts of the undead, beasts with limitless stamina and chilling pursuit. They were clad in dark blue armor that glowed blue softly like the runes inscribed upon it. The full plate barding alone made the undead horse fearsome enough, but their riders... The sight of this group made mothers hide their children. The Death Knights, Knights of the Ebon Blade, The Evil Good, Frost's Mourners, Champions of the Damned, and the Immortal Avengers. One of them, A human in dark spiked armor, with greaves that had screaming faces on them, bearing on his head a crown of darkness that obscured his face, and wearing a dark cloak with wear on it, carried a blade that made people shudder. The guard was the face of a dragon, the blade was partial serrated, and down its length, dark blue runes glowed. Frostmourne, the Soul Eater. The most unholy of weapons forged to combat the darkness, The weilder forced to bear it until the balance of good and evil is restored, at the cost of his own soul and humanity. The other two riders wore dark blue runed plate armor with a horned great helm, wielding two handed runeswords that glowed softly. They made their way to the arena, seeking the manager.
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2014, 11:07:38 pm »
"Food is food." Valarius got up and wandered off towards the lady, after a few minutes he came back with more food than what was given to the others. He slid a plate to Hunter. "There you go, now all i want in return is for you to pay it forward."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2014, 11:16:54 pm »
Hunter looked at Valarius a little shocked. "Th-Thanks. I'll make sure to do that," he said beginning to eat.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2014, 11:21:35 pm »
Valarius made some sort of agreement sound through mouthfuls of food. "So what brings you here."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2014, 12:54:42 am »
"oh i've been around, mostly in the stands, but I fight all my matches elsewhere...until I can get a good evaluation of this arenas talent that is, name is Avris" she turned to Hunter "So, did you find anything interesting about Darious?"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline WereCat

• Male
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2014, 05:40:02 am »
Felicia
She smiled and nodded. "About 50-50...my trap secured him...you coaxed him out." She twirled her knife a bit and looked over to the female fox. "Sound fair?"

"Fair enough," said Clara, "So - we'll both bring him in together, then?"  She kept her guard up, still unsure if she could really trust this person.
Mate of Furenzied

I haz an FA now: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/werecat01/

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2014, 06:41:45 am »
felicia
Felicia nodded and smiled. "So we have a deal?" She held out a paw after making sure their bounty wouldn't escape their bonds.
Mate of WereCat

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2014, 11:09:56 am »
"Well, to answer both your questions. I have to say that I came here to fight Darious, but I'm not sure how long that'll be," Hunter said with a soft smile. "But I wasn't really paying attention to anything interesting about him, other than he was really strong."
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2014, 02:36:05 pm »
"Ah.. maybe i should fight him. His strength is probably his weakness." Valarius looked around, not entirely sure of where he was. "So when do the fights start?"
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Aryd

• Species: Rainbow Snake (Farancia erytrogramma)
  • Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2014, 05:09:48 pm »
(Can I have Furenzied just set up an intro scenario for me? I don't really care what, I'm just a bit too wrapped up in IRL things to actually think one up.)

EDIT: (Actually, I'm a bit more wrapped up than I previously realized. I'll just have to join at a later date. Furenzied, can I PM you when I'm ready to join?)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 05:15:16 pm by Aryd »
GameMaster Status!

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2014, 06:18:59 pm »
The door to the mess hall slammed open, and the three Death Knights entered. Tyrranas was first, his unique and distinctive heavy plate armor giving away his identity, as well as the massive sword that seemed to glow with a hungry blue light. The trio gave off an aura of unholiness, their appearances matching their descriptions in stories used to warn children at night. The human, not Tyrranas, but the death knight, stepped forward and spoke in a loud, metallic sounding voice, which seemed to have an arrogent tone to it as he spoke. "Lo! Behold, Tyrranas, wielder of the accursed blade! I am Aethias, his herald, and Kharajo, his second. We have come before you today with a challenge, one of mortal combat. Any who can best myself and Kharajo will be given a choice, one that will grant them immortality and make them known to all, one that will make them a legend for all time. Should you triumph over Kharajo and myself in single combat, you may join our ranks as death knights, Knights of the Ebon Blade. This combat will not be to the death." Aethias announced to all, and paused, waiting a moment for a reaction.
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2014, 06:41:12 pm »
Hunter stopped and smiled to himself. If he was granted immortality, then he would never need to eat again! That very thought made him nearly jump with joy. Of course this nearly sounded too good to be true. Of course, these knights looked wealthy enough so perhaps he could get a cash prize instead of immortality should that prize not exist. He was the first one to stand, even though he did not make eye contact. "I'll take your challenge," he exclaimed raising his hand. Others gasped, mainly because of his size compared to the knights. He felt like an idiot, but he knew there was no backing down now.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 06:46:35 pm by The Wise one »

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2014, 06:57:16 pm »
Valarius laughed allowed the the grandiose entrance. "No one can grant immortality, but none the less i shall take on." Valarius stood to Hunter he figured he would need all the support he could get. He placed a hand on his shoulder and gave him a reassuring nod.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2014, 08:47:51 pm »
Aethias chuckled loudly, a deep evil sound. "your challenges are accepted, we shall meet you on the field in a few moments, however..." the Death Knight stepped back, as Tyrranas stepped forward. His piercing gaze swept across the room, causing those it fell upon to quiver and stiffen in fear, before coming to rest on the two who accepted his knight's challenge. "Should you best my herald, or my second, then you have the opportunity to face me in combat... We will fight to the death. Should you prevail," Tyrranas drew frostmourne, the sword glowing with blue light, radiating power, causing all within the room to gasp in awe, "You shall be the wielder of frostmourne, the soul blade, the most powerful weapon in existaince." Tyrranas's voice changed and he spoke in an ancient archaic tongue, before translating, "He who wields this blade shall have power eternal...." after that, he leveled the blade at valarius and hunter. "Should you lose, you will not only die, but your soul will be bound within the blade until it is released..." after that ominous warning, Tyrranas turned and exited, followed by Kharajo. Aethias made one final statement. "In the arena, ten minutes." he said, then exited after Tyrranas and Kharajo.
10K post club.

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2014, 09:00:01 pm »
Not many were dumb enough to accept that challenge. A few brave, or foolish souls hesitantly stood up. They weren't entirely falling for his hocus pocus and mumbojumbo. The rest inherently didn't opt for fights to the death, in fact staying alive earned them more money and better conditions, more food and other things they asked for. They had it good and many settled for shat they had.
Mate of WereCat

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2014, 09:14:56 pm »
Valarius just shook his head. "If i best you, you can keep the sword. I want nothing out of this other than to prove my skill." Valarius began looking trying to remember where he was. He shrugged his shoulders and pretended nothing was amiss.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2014, 09:15:54 pm »
Hunter quivered at the very thought of his soul being ripped into a sword. But he then remembered that he probably wouldn't even beat the first. He was sweating from the forehead for being so nervous, but he pulled off a grin for some reason. He turned to Valarius. "I'm sure he'll have us fight individually. But I'm glad I have your moral support," Hunter said placing his hand on Valarius' shoulder. "Thank you Valarius," Hunter said exiting out onto the field.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2014, 09:30:54 pm »
Valarius just gave a silent nod to Hunter. He soon followed suit and went out to the field, but instead of sparring or practicing techniques, he just sat down. He sat down in the center of the field, closing his eyes he began to meditate.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline WereCat

• Male
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2014, 09:52:08 pm »
felicia
Felicia nodded and smiled. "So we have a deal?" She held out a paw after making sure their bounty wouldn't escape their bonds.

Clara hesitated.  She had never met this person before in her life... but there was something about her that made Clara able to trust her.  "Okay..." she said, shaking the wolf's paw, "...deal."

She turned to look at the trapped felon.  "So," she said, "How are we gonna transport him?"
Mate of Furenzied

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2014, 09:58:18 pm »
Felicia
She smiled and nodded. "Ok. I got a cart at camp. Who says that he won't enjoy being dragged tbrough the dirt a bit?" She laughed a bit and looked around. "Ok. He's tied up tight...you hungry? I got some venison to cook if you want some."
Mate of WereCat

Offline WereCat

• Male
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2014, 10:02:02 pm »
"I could go for some," she said, "where's your camp?  I don't think I saw one on the way in here..."
Mate of Furenzied

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2014, 10:07:50 pm »
Blades began to head off again, hoping to return to town by sundown. It was rather strange to him, not hearing the chirp of the birds and the crunch of the leaves beneath his feet.

Travis looked on at the fight manager as he investigated his weapons. "So...what do you think? Rather innovative huh? That's only the beginning, I got a lot of great ideas once I get the materials."

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2014, 10:51:39 pm »
"Rather strange appearances...the crowd loves that, adds a bit of excitement to see bizzare weapons...they seem ok. You do good work." He picked over a few and nodded. "Ok. Lets get down to buisiness..."

felicia
felicia cut down their bounty and smiled. "I've lived nearly my whole life in the wilds. I'm not surprised you couldn't find it." She slowly drug their meal ticket to the camp. A small clearing with a fallen tree nearby. She moved some of the roots aside and pulled out some basic equipment. "Here's camp."
Mate of WereCat

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2014, 08:54:58 am »
Avris stepped up to the three and circled them as if inspecting them "So look what the cat dragged in, three supposed knights who presume a challenge with an impossible reward" she spoke loudly enough to catch the entire rooms attention 'you claim to have the most powerful weapon in existence, but I bet I can take all of you on...with a chain and a skillet"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2014, 04:21:14 pm »
Tyrranas snorted derisively, and spoke in his deep metallic voice, as he turned with his two knights to head up to the arena to face their initiates. "If you think that you can best frostmourne's chosen with a chain and skillet, the blade will not accept you as its wielder. The sword demands one who can best it's wielder with a blade like itself. I refuse your challenge." He said, as the knights paused before the gate into the arena. They paused, and Aethias went in first, while Tyrannas and Kharajo remained out of sight in the tunnel. By now, all of the challenges were ready to fight. Aethias strode through the gate into the arena, and shouted over the crowd gathered. "LET IT BE KNOWN THAT HERE, FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE HISTORY OF THE KNIGHTS OF THE EBON BLADE, WE SHALL ALLOW INITIATES WHO EARN THE THE RIGHT OF BECOMING INITIATES THROUGH TRIAL BY COMBAT, TO BECOME A KNIGHT OF THE EBON BLADE, AND CHALLENGE THE WIELDER OF FROSTMOURNE FOR THE RIGHT TO WIELD IT!!!" He paused briefly, "BUT, SHOULD THE BLADE DEEM THE CHALLENGER UNWORTHY, THE CHALLENGE WILL BE DISMISSED!!!" He continued, and then began introductions. "I AM AETHIAS, HERALD OF THE EBON BLADE, AND OUR CHALLENGERS SHALL BE FACING KHARAJO, THE WEAPONSMASTER OF THE EBON BLADE!!!" as his name was spoken, Kharajo stepped into the arena and drew a ten diameter foot circle in the sand, as Aethias listed the rules of combat. No maiming or killing blows, no stepping outside of the circle, no magic of any kind, and no potions of any kind. (Shall I time skip the the character fights?)
10K post club.